Hi,

I've just noticed the hub is actually deleting Gmail messages rather than archiving them. Is there any way to fix this?

I may have lost a lot of messages because of this. I assumed the hub was applying the archive label (as it was in the past), not moving messages to the bin folder which is emptied after 30 days!

Help!
    11-19-15 05:32 AM
    you might have to fix that on your PC. have you tried checking the settings there?
    11-19-15 05:39 AM
    There is definitevly an issue with Gmail and Hub, I loose my sent messages. I could not figure out any changes on the desktop version.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 05:48 AM
    I'm not sure which settings you are referring to.

My Z10 always archived them in the past. I don't know how long it has been deleting my messages instead.
    11-19-15 05:50 AM
    Go into Hub - Settings - E-mail Accounts, select your account then select Edit. At the bottom of the screen click Advanced, there you will see the option 'Sync Timeframe it's usually set to default 30 days, you can click it to change.
    Why is my Hub deleting Gmail messages instead of archiving them?-img_20151119_181444.png

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:18 PM
    Hi,

I've just noticed the hub is actually deleting Gmail messages rather than archiving them. Is there any way to fix this?

I may have lost a lot of messages because of this. I assumed the hub was applying the archive label (as it was in the past), not moving messages to the bin folder which is emptied after 30 days!

Help!
    This has been going on for a while now. People seem to be split on their opinions - some like that the phone handles emails 'correctly' now (delete means delete), and other people - like me - liked the old way and am annoyed BlackBerry didn't officially note the change so we had a heads up.

There's no way to have it revert back to how it was once handled, but I posted a workaround in another thread - I'll find it in a few minutes when I'm back at my desk and update this post.

*UPDATE* Here you go - hope this helps. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...iving-1042082/
    Posted via CB10
    Wmsi likes this.
    11-19-15 01:26 PM
    This has been going on for a while now. People seem to be split on their opinions - some like that the phone handles emails 'correctly' now (delete means delete), and other people - like me - liked the old way and am annoyed BlackBerry didn't officially note the change so we had a heads up.

There's no way to have it revert back to how it was once handled, but I posted a workaround in another thread - I'll find it in a few minutes when I'm back at my desk and update this post.

*UPDATE* Here you go - hope this helps. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...iving-1042082/
    Posted via CB10
    This workaround is great, thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 03:36 AM
    This workaround is great, thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    My pleasure - glad it helped.
    11-20-15 02:07 PM
    My pleasure - glad it helped.
    Hey, can I ask on the best way to deal with the labelled emails in Gmail in the web browser?

I now have a lot of emails with my new BB Archive label, how can I then move them to be with all the other archived emails?

Thanks!
    11-27-15 04:50 AM
    Hey, can I ask on the best way to deal with the labelled emails in Gmail in the web browser?

I now have a lot of emails with my new BB Archive label, how can I then move them to be with all the other archived emails?

Thanks!
    I think if you just select the emails, and then click "Remove Label", it should just archive them.
    Wmsi likes this.
    12-02-15 08:07 PM