i was bluetoothing w/ a friend, and when i had both of the phones in my hand i noticed hers was WAY brighter.

i thought it was just me seeing things, but i opened up both phoines to the Media page, and BAM....... her's is so bright, when mine is dull as ****. (you would think mine was on 60). why is this???

(Yes, both 8310s. and YES, both on 100% brightness)

I've been having more issues with my BB than enjoyment...
    11-22-08 04:34 PM
    Is your autodim set to on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 05:07 PM
    were they in the same lighting situation?
    11-22-08 05:12 PM
    Lots of reasons...

Dirty screen
    Lighting
    Theme

Did you both get them at the same time same store and use it to call/sms/mms/browse the same way? Wear and tear is another reason why.
    11-22-08 05:24 PM
    Also if it's super cold, like winter time it affects the screen if it isn't warm. If the auto dim was on, then it would be brighter than 100 sometimes as it adjusts it to the conditions. Wallpaper or themes? How old is it?

11-22-08 05:37 PM
    Is your autodim set to on?
    no i turned that off. i want mine BRIGHT.

were they in the same lighting situation?
    yes. outside. 12:00pm. SUNNY.

Lots of reasons...
    Dirty screen
    Lighting
    Theme
    Did you both get them at the same time same store and use it to call/sms/mms/browse the same way? Wear and tear is another reason why.
    her's is older, mine is brand spanking new. Both on ZEN theme.

Also if it's super cold, like winter time it affects the screen if it isn't warm. If the auto dim was on, then it would be brighter than 100 sometimes as it adjusts it to the conditions. Wallpaper or themes? How old is it?
    Mine's brand new! both on ZEN theme. same wallpaper. i just tested mine w/ my OTHER friend's 8310 as well.... same result! my screen is ****

(again, i wasnt going by the homescreen. i even set both phones to the Media page, even the address book. and other Curves are NOTICABLY brighter.)
    11-22-08 06:08 PM
    Maybe an LCD backlight is burnt out?
    11-22-08 06:29 PM
    Dirty screen,Lighting,Theme
    11-22-08 07:10 PM
    Do you have a screen protector like a Best Skins Ever or other type of vinyl stick on protector? I noticed my screen is not as bright now that I put the BSE on.

11-22-08 07:44 PM
    Dirty screen,Lighting,Theme
    dirty screen? no. lighting? no, same place same time. theme? no, same theme.

Do you have a screen protector like a Best Skins Ever or other type of vinyl stick on protector? I noticed my screen is not as bright now that I put the BSE on.
    no.
    11-22-08 08:11 PM
    If you have the autodim on, it will be brighter in sunny areas. Much brighter than when it is off and set to 100.

11-22-08 08:13 PM
    If you have the autodim on, it will be brighter in sunny areas. Much brighter than when it is off and set to 100.

ORLY???

hmm... might check this out tomorrow
    11-22-08 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD