All my Visual VM's disappeared after the big update yesterday. When I go to setup it tells me "This version of VVM is not compatible with your voicemail service. Would you like to continue setting up the original version of VVM at no charge?" I hit subscribe. It says it is being activated and to wait five minutes to open VVM app again.

I have done this at least 10x over the past 12 hours and the voicemails never populate. Any ideas before I attempt to call and sit on hold forever on Verizon???

Thanks!
    07-09-15 10:17 AM
    The short answer is you'll have to call Verizon and speak to Tier 2 technical support, and you'll have to do that more than once, mostly likely. Either that or refuse to hang up until it works. Be sure to call from a different phone. I say this because I had a friend who had the very same problem. It took them several calls and they probably spent a total of 2 hours on the phone with Verizon to resolve their problem, which was on Verizon's end when it was all said and done. A simple reprovisioning of the phone didn't work, calling you're own voicemail and ensuring it was set up didn't work, numerous hard resets of the phone didn't work, Verizon checking to make sure visual voicemail was active on the account, didn't work. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:17 AM