I have a Bold and I am unable to visit many web sites. Why is it that my iphone was able to view any site i requested?

is there an app i can install?
    08-03-09 02:22 AM
    Well I guess it depends what websites. Any examples?
    08-03-09 02:24 AM
    I have a Bold and I am unable to visit many web sites. Why is it that my iphone was able to view any site i requested?

is there an app i can install?
    Have you played with your settings in the browser? Also you can try Bolt, which is a great 3rd party Browser that renders full html pages much quicker than the native BB browser.

You can download at Bolt Browser
    08-03-09 02:25 AM
    The iPhone OS, along with Apple's Safari browser, was integrated so well that it made web browsing on other devices somewhat inferior as both made the experience feel as if you were using a handheld computer.

The built-in BB Browser is not favorable to many users and thus they often choose a third-party browser.

Personally, I go with Opera Mini as it loads webpages pretty quickly and renders them in the way they were meant to be viewed.

Others here will swear by Bolt, and I don't blame them. Bolt is a good browser in itself and I suggest you try out both to decide which one you want.
    08-03-09 02:25 AM
    Well I guess it depends what websites. Any examples?
    School websites.

Example.
    I cant log into my college account
    08-03-09 02:27 AM
    The iPhone OS, along with Apple's Safari browser, was integrated so well that it made web browsing on other devices somewhat inferior as both made the experience feel as if you were using a handheld computer.

The built-in BB Browser is not favorable to many users and thus they often choose a third-party browser.

Personally, I go with Opera Mini as it loads webpages pretty quickly and renders them in the way they were meant to be viewed.

Others here will swear by Bolt, and I don't blame them. Bolt is a good browser in itself and I suggest you try out both to decide which one you want.
    Ive used both Opera and Bolt and I like Bolt much better, but its all personal preference
    08-03-09 02:27 AM
    School websites.

Example.
    I cant log into my college account
    Is it a secured website (https)?
    08-03-09 02:40 AM
    Is it a secured website (https)?
    Yes

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    08-03-09 02:46 AM
    There's presently no other mobile web browser, IMHO, that is anywhere as good as the iPhone. Sorry, but it's true. I have both an iPhone 3GS and a Blackberry Tour.

Bolt works, but it's pretty slow, even over 3G (can't say for wifi). But still, given the form factor (screen size, density) of the typical Blackberry, it's no contest.

Fortunately, the Blackberry does plenty that the iPhone can't. So, you need to choose the device that best suits your needs.
    08-03-09 02:48 AM
    The answer to the question is within the question itself.

Web-browsing on the iPhone is far, far superior than on a Blackberry. Just a fact.

You can use Bolt and Opera Mini you want. Doesn't compare to Safari on an iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD