A popular app from a major developer provides an update that intentionally disables the apps functionality affecting thousands of users. The app remains in BBW as a download that doesn't function. The developer refuses to answer questions and neither will Blackberry. Why isn't this News?

Posted via CB10
    vjfratiani likes this.
    10-25-15 09:49 AM
    Probably because most people who watch the NFL are doing it on their android tablet or iPad or other phone by now.

(Which is why the NFL isn't worried about the BB app any more than CB is)
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-25-15 09:53 AM
    It isn't news that blackberry answers nothing. However, it would be news if blackberry did answer something every once in a while. Do they even have a public relations department? Probably not. They won't be able to answer that. I'm glad I've made the step to look at other brands from here on out. Blackberry has done everything possible not to bother with customer relations. This coming from a loyal 10 year blackberry user.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:58 AM
    Sorry OP, it's the same thing for numerous apps. Only going to get worse.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:18 PM
    A popular app from a major developer provides an update that intentionally disables the apps functionality affecting thousands of users. The app remains in BBW as a download that doesn't function. The developer refuses to answer questions and neither will Blackberry. Why isn't this News?

Posted via CB10
    A popular app? Who are you kidding!? Haha
    Thousands of users??? Haha!

BBW is a wasteland and we the last of the crackheads are a dying breed. We have become scavengers in our own lands, get used to it bud it's only going to get worse from here.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:28 PM
    A popular app? Who are you kidding!? Haha
    Thousands of users??? Haha!

BBW is a wasteland and we the last of the crackheads are a dying breed. We have become scavengers in our own lands, get used to it bud it's only going to get worse from here.

Posted via CB10
    I hate to say it, but I agree with you 100%. I'm planning on getting the blackberry passport silver edition. However, I'd like to see how bad the dwindling app support gets before doing so.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ιт > 
    10-25-15 12:53 PM
    I hate to say it, but I agree with you 100%. I'm planning on getting the blackberry passport silver edition. However, I'd like to see how bad the dwindling app support gets before doing so.

With my BlackBerry Passport SE in hand, I have a really great communication and personal digital assistant that keeps me up to date perfectly.

I am not a slave to the ecosystem that for all intent and purpose is nonexistent for BlackBerry 10. All the tools I need to operate professionally are baked into BlackBerry 10. I will use this phone well into its eventual obscurity.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition driven by 10.3.2.2789 on T-Mobile
    hpjrt and j21jam6 like this.
    10-25-15 01:06 PM
    Would be nice to not have to use the android version of the app. It works decently but it just shows u how sad the situation is for BB

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:24 PM
    TSN, the Canadian equivalent, has NFL and is available in BBW. No college football though.

I do find this to be a symptom of a much bigger problem. A company with those resources, yet they have wiped their hands clean of BlackBerry. And the browser locks up for me on the ESPN website.

Oh, and I use Verizon which makes it worse since their NFL access has special features!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:04 PM
    What's nfl?

Via Passport 
    10-26-15 08:41 AM
    With my BlackBerry Passport SE in hand, I have a really great communication and personal digital assistant that keeps me up to date perfectly.

I am not a slave to the ecosystem that for all intent and purpose is nonexistent for BlackBerry 10. All the tools I need to operate professionally are baked into BlackBerry 10. I will use this phone well into its eventual obscurity.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition driven by 10.3.2.2789 on T-Mobile
    BB users are as much a "slave" as they wish to be to their ecosystem of choice, just as as any other user of any other platform is.
    MikeX74 and cribble2k like this.
    10-26-15 09:28 AM
    I just downloaded the Android version via Snap and deleted the one from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-26-15 12:55 PM
    Just use the Android version. BB10 apps are dying and will be gone before long.
    10-26-15 12:57 PM
    Just use the Android version. BB10 apps are dying and will be gone before long.
    No thanks. Slow and eats up battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:29 PM
    Pretty soon, most people on CrackBerry aren't going to be using BBW apps. Most will either be using Android apps or actually running the Android Priv.
    10-26-15 02:41 PM
    Pretty soon, most people on CrackBerry aren't going to be using BBW apps. Most will either be using Android apps or actually running the Android Priv.
    I gave up on Android apps. They were always running in the background and eating up battery. Many were slow, laggy, froze, or did not have full functionality (and yes even after patching).

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 02:47 PM

Whether the support for apps is obviously going down, you still have snap and the amazon appstore. I just bought my silver edition last Friday. So far, so good! It's such a beautiful device.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 03:56 PM
    What's nfl?

Via Passport 
    A form of Rugby except they have a break every 5 minutes for adverts
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-27-15 04:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    crackfinder likes this.
    10-27-15 07:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    LMAO! Yeah we are like the peasants of the village.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 06:24 AM
    LMAO! Yeah we are like the peasants of the village.

Posted via CB10
    No we are lIke the alley rats that feed of the peasants trash

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 03:31 PM
    I gave up on Android apps. They were always running in the background and eating up battery. Many were slow, laggy, froze, or did not have full functionality (and yes even after patching).

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the two year old Android runtime is an issue... Getting a real Android phone with the hardware and software to run these newer apps will make things better.

Even Android ports that are in BBW, like the NFL App have the same issues, so I'm not sure where the advantage on not using Google Play comes in? It's the Android Player that is the resource hog....

But you can still download apps for the PlayBook - some still work, some don't - but I haven't seen an update for a PlayBook app in a very long time.
    10-29-15 03:47 PM
    Yeah the two year old Android runtime is an issue... Getting a real Android phone with the hardware and software to run these newer apps will make things better.

Even Android ports that are in BBW, like the NFL App have the same issues, so I'm not sure where the advantage on not using Google Play comes in? It's the Android Player that is the resource hog....

But you can still download apps for the PlayBook - some still work, some don't - but I haven't seen an update for a PlayBook app in a very long time.
    Only got a Neutron update a few days ago.... on the PlayBook! :-D

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy, ... or was that privacy!?! ;-) 
    10-29-15 04:17 PM