I've encountered that as well, but didn't attribute it to 1080p resolution (because pre hi-def content still views the same). I think that it's more a result of the digital filming/recording medium still being relatively new. Drives me nuts when everything in the background has crystal clear focus just like the intended focal point does. Artistic direction in digital filming could definitely evolve a bit.
    I got it wrong, it's the higher frame rate but I'm sure the higher resolution plays a part also.

48 FPS and Beyond: How High Frame Rate Films Affect Perception - Tested
    06-16-14 01:02 PM
    It's just an illusion, you are never in total control
    You don't have to supply your wifi password. Total control as to if a device is online or not.
    If you are worried that your fridge will provide a gateway to all of your personal information, don't allow the fridge online.
    06-16-14 01:19 PM
    You don't have to supply your wifi password. Total control as to if a device is online or not.
    If you are worried that your fridge will provide a gateway to all of your personal information, don't allow the fridge online.
    Yeah you can, but that means it will not be part of IOT, once it's part of the IOT your control is out the window.
    06-16-14 01:28 PM
    I got it wrong, it's the higher frame rate but I'm sure the higher resolution plays a part also.

48 FPS and Beyond: How High Frame Rate Films Affect Perception - Tested
    Yeah, I remember reading articles at the time that one was originally published. And I could be wrong, but I'm still not completely sold on the Frame Rate being the underlying cause. When you consider that in real life, the frame rate of the human eye (which is a misnomer I'm sure, it's not like the human eye and brain are snapping images or frames) is infinitely higher than 48 frames per second. Yet we don't get disoriented at viewing everything around us while walking around during our daily routines (normally, since biologically many humans suffer various vision deficiencies).

I think it's more about the eye and brain concentrating on focal points. After all, our peripheral vision is blurred, as well when the eye focuses on a specific target the blurred area becomes much more substantial. Then too, physically distant objects are focused differently. Whether that's a function of the brain , the eye, or a combination of both, I haven't a clue (I'm no doctor or optometrist), other than that the older optical lens and film of cameras worked in a manner closer to resembling the function of the human eye.

My severe lack of experience in the field aside, but with a small smattering of education, I just can't help but think that artificial blurring and retarding of effects would correct the issue of digital recording that picks out even the most minute details. Not much dissimilar from "transition effects" used in mobile devices and computer UIs.

After watching the Hobbit movies, the frame rate didn't bother me, so much as my eyes were constantly pulled away from the center of attention.

Disclaimer: I could very easily have no clue what I'm talking about, and thus just talking out of my ignorant ***.
    06-16-14 01:40 PM
    Yeah you can, but that means it will not be part of IOT, once it's part of the IOT your control is out the window.
    That's still control.

Besides, these kinds of fears about new technology started with the wheel I believe, and we're still here.

Relax.
    06-16-14 01:49 PM
    Yeah, I remember reading articles at the time that one was originally published. And I could be wrong, but I'm still not completely sold on the Frame Rate being the underlying cause. When you consider that in real life, the frame rate of the human eye (which is a misnomer I'm sure, it's not like the human eye and brain are snapping images or frames) is infinitely higher than 48 frames per second. Yet we don't get disoriented at viewing everything around us while walking around during our daily routines (normally, since biologically many humans suffer various vision deficiencies).

I think it's more about the eye and brain concentrating on focal points. After all, our peripheral vision is blurred, as well when the eye focuses on a specific target the blurred area becomes much more substantial. Then too, physically distant objects are focused differently. Whether that's a function of the brain , the eye, or a combination of both, I haven't a clue (I'm no doctor or optometrist), other than that the older optical lens and film of cameras worked in a manner closer to resembling the function of the human eye.

My severe lack of experience in the field aside, but with a small smattering of education, I just can't help but think that artificial blurring and retarding of effects would correct the issue of digital recording that picks out even the most minute details. Not much dissimilar from "transition effects" used in mobile devices and computer UIs.

After watching the Hobbit movies, the frame rate didn't bother me, so much as my eyes were constantly pulled away from the center of attention.

Disclaimer: I could very easily have no clue what I'm talking about, and thus just talking out of my ignorant ***.

I agree and it's one the reasons I got into film photography last year instead of buying into a DSLR.
    06-16-14 02:12 PM
    That's still control.

Besides, these kinds of fears about new technology started with the wheel I believe, and we're still here.

Relax.
    Lol, no, that's not control, not the control you were talking about first time. What you describe is choice, choice weather to be part of IOT or not.
    06-16-14 02:14 PM
    Lol, no, that's not control, not the control you were talking about first time. What you describe is choice, choice weather to be part of IOT or not.
    Do I need to quote what I said? You know the part where I said we control what we connect to the Internet......
    So yes, it is the control I mentioned the first time.
    And yes, it is a choice, a choice that you control.
    you can play semantics, all you want, but you're wrong.

And since you seem to be the master of the English language, it's whether.
    Weather is what's happening outside.
    06-16-14 02:21 PM
    Lot of crazy talk and paranoia in this thread - I love it

If you think a dumb TV is a lot safer than a Smart TV - you'd be in for a surprise. Everything you do is already tracked (by your cable providers) and when you change channels, that resistance can be detected. And in the US all that info is fed upstream to the government. And forget IoT, security - in general - is an illusion. The reason some embedded systems have cheap security is... well they don't need them. And if they do need them - the really scary folks have already been granted back doors.

Take a toaster for example. Let's say it has an IoT module that emails you when toast finishes... security in this case is minimal. Your email info (sans password) is already available. And it can't be hacked to start a fire. But it can be hacked so someone in China can know your toast finished.

I'm surprised you guys aren't more concerned about computer modules in things like vehicles - which have been hacked in the past. And even been hacked to cause accidents and even death. Security and IoT are two separate topics, we have no security anymore. At best we can control our internal networks only. Your only recourse is to sanitize the data it sends.

Posted via CB from my LE
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-16-14 02:47 PM
    Do I need to quote what I said? You know the part where I said we control what we connect to the Internet......
    So yes, it is the control I mentioned the first time.
    And yes, it is a choice, a choice that you control.
    you can play semantics, all you want, but you're wrong.

And since you seem to be the master of the English language, it's whether.
    Weather is what's happening outside.
    English is not my first language.
    06-16-14 04:00 PM
    English is not my first language.
    Well don't you have an answer for everything.
    All can say is keep at it, you'll understand it one day.
    06-16-14 04:13 PM
111 ... 345