Oh....one last thing. I have about 500 songs on my IP4. I listen to them while at the gym or in my car via Ipod/Iphone jack. Dont know how I will get all these songs onto my BB if I can at all.[/QUOTE]

I have a 9810 with a 32gig SD card. I'm realestate agent and keep all my files, deals, pictures as well as 11gigs of music (3000 songs)....very easy to load either through my PC or Desktop manager.

P.S. Don't use i-tunes at all anymore. 7digital to my comp and on to my phone. I listen to tunes in my car, on my home stereo and at the gym. Problem solved. Plus 7digital doesn't block music that i either buy or download fairly everytime there is an update!!!
    11-26-11 04:15 PM
    I just emailed myself an 8mb video and my own hosted email and gmail could open it but live.com couldn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I had this problem. I thought it had something to do with RIM. I think live.com has low attachment size limits (approx. 2 mb). I can send larger attachment sizes with my other email accounts.
    11-26-11 06:07 PM
    The first article was good, the guy royally dumped the iPhone..

The second article about the woman switching from BB to iPhone is pr trash.
    11-26-11 06:53 PM
    The first article was good, the guy royally dumped the iPhone..

The second article about the woman switching from BB to iPhone is pr trash.
    Right! She didnt even try the music player on the Bold 9930 and automatically gave the iPhone a higher score.

"I never attempted to listen to music on my BlackBerry. Figuring that out would have taken too much time"

She lost all credibility there.

I definitely dont understand her reasoning on Navigation because Blackberry has been like this for years!!! But the iPhone won in this category:

"On the iPhone, all of the apps I need are laid out in front of me. If they start to get too cluttered, I can easily move them into specific folders. Apps can also be easily deleted."

and the fact that she didnt know that Blackberry had a universal search as well (since OS 6) :

"I'm a fan of the iPhone 4S search feature. If you scroll to the left on the home screen, you can search for anything on your phone."

Here scoring made no sense.

Her overall summary:

"Despite being inadequate for typing and emailing, the iPhone's easy navigation and beautiful interface make it worth having."

To me, its seems like the iPhone won because of Angry Birds, Facetime, iMessage, and her lack of BB knowledge
    Last edited by shemaree09; 11-26-11 at 08:44 PM.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    11-26-11 08:34 PM
    I know its been said numerous times in this thread as well as others but each phone is different and has different strong and weak points so the iphone will be the best phone ever to some and other don't find it so great. The same thing goes for the Blackberry. I fall into the Blackberry camp but I can see why some people would love the iphone.
    No one is ever going to win this argument. You like what you like. Its like arguing over which car is better. Ford or Chevy.
    Laura Knotek, up488 and moiselles like this.
    11-26-11 08:51 PM
    11-27-11 03:57 AM
    Right! She didnt even try the music player on the Bold 9930 and automatically gave the iPhone a higher score.

"I never attempted to listen to music on my BlackBerry. Figuring that out would have taken too much time"

She lost all credibility there.

I definitely dont understand her reasoning on Navigation because Blackberry has been like this for years!!! But the iPhone won in this category:

"On the iPhone, all of the apps I need are laid out in front of me. If they start to get too cluttered, I can easily move them into specific folders. Apps can also be easily deleted."

and the fact that she didnt know that Blackberry had a universal search as well (since OS 6) :

"I'm a fan of the iPhone 4S search feature. If you scroll to the left on the home screen, you can search for anything on your phone."

Here scoring made no sense.

Her overall summary:

"Despite being inadequate for typing and emailing, the iPhone's easy navigation and beautiful interface make it worth having."

To me, its seems like the iPhone won because of Angry Birds, Facetime, iMessage, and her lack of BB knowledge

The article is a pr exercise. The pr firm probably received information showing the ladies are liking BB

Then they set-up this scenario, the 'man' likes the BB for all the male reasons - speed, efficiency

Then you have woman, she likes the iPhone for all the female reasons - how it looks, "no one is using BBs anymore" - social outcast, don't get 'the man's' phone

This is subversive marketing.
    11-27-11 11:09 AM
    And then you read the comments at the end of the article and come away thinking that all smartphone owners are sociopaths and pyschotics.
    11-27-11 12:28 PM
    As one of my mentors used to say:
    "the I-phone is sugar, the blackberry is muscle!"
    11-27-11 11:16 PM
    Cool article, but I disagree with him saying that it takes too long to get pictures on the internet.. I'm the biggest live photo updater and my newly taken photos are on fb within seconds of being shot.

Also, it seems the girl doesn't know about the universal search on BB
    11-28-11 12:39 AM
    The only issue with the music might be if you have songs that you purchased from iTunes before they were DRM free. If that is the case, they will not play on anything other than an iDevice.
    Just save copies as mp3s and you are fine.
    iTunes offers an option to upgrade previous purchases by removing the DRM protection for $.30 / song. It also increases the bitrate. Not cheap, but I had less then 2 dozen songs purchased, so it was worth it to me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-11 09:26 AM
    I prefer BB over iPhone i dislike iOS a lot
    but the only thing i like about iPhone is Siri

I wish RIM would have that in the BBX London
    11-28-11 02:48 PM
    I'm just happy to see some positive pr for RIM in the media
    11-28-11 04:02 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD