Security. How many doctors or bankers or lawyers or politicians do you see using �touchscreen� smartphones? Few and here�s why: Rim applications don�t give the application provider access to all your sensitive data. Blackberry devices are responsible with data, and will command higher premium in the future as security problems become bigger.

I think Rim doesn�t need to compete with apple etc for the glitzy teen-tween crowd, Rim just needs to understand who its customers are: business-people who appreciate the blackberry�s intuitive interface and most of all security.

I think The Blackberry will never be cool and it�s a mistake to try to compete for that mindshare. I think RIM will figure this out soon and start focusing on bringing back nostalgia models � maybe done in a leather (who�s done this before?) case with gold embossing, $999.99 � makes a great gift for that executive in your life who�s just smashed 4th iphone to pieces!

I think security issues with mobile apps increase, and competitors from China start making $59 knock-offs, the Blackberry will stand out like a rose in a swamp of data-stealing mobile application. What happens to Google, Samsung, etc here? I don�t know.

I think RIM can stop chasing the mainstream retail market and divert its energies into leveraging its core-competencies � a place where it is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the competition � it�s lack of securities problems. RIM will soon realize that it should divert its energies towards marketing to the customers it has, rewarding them with free feature upgrades and perhaps educating their customer on the requirements of security in today�s mobilemarketplace.

I think Rim will change its market strategy soon, and realize that the people that own blackberrys and want to own blackberrys don�t like associating themselves with cartoons et al. Rimm needs to DIFFERENTIATE itself from other mobile phones, by keeping the keyboard + screen look and not succumbing to the whims of the masses and producing �touch mini-screens� (I mean sure, produce them but don�t sell them under blackberry brand please! It is brand dilution)

I think Rim has captured the high end market . 100% of the �1%� use blackberry devices. Everything else is �photo-op� no prime minister is using a �android� I bet, sure bet they don�t do their banking on it LMAO

I think Rim will soon realize that if it aggressively markets to long-standing customers who have recently switched over to other smartphones (in the past year or two), they represent the LOWEST HANGING FRUIT. Offer them an explanation of why security is so important. Also include a $100 off coupon for a new phone. Blam. It�s so easy I could do it myself. Call the marketing campaign �How�s That New Toy Working Out?� LMAO

I think Rim R/D � instead of being directed into �newer� and �neater� products and flashy wallpapers etc. R&d will focus on increasing security and making existing applications run better. Rim will be the first tech company ever to realize that customer retention > reckless expansion

I think RIM marketing dept. will get that the image it needs to adhere to is one of ALOOFNESS b/c it does that anyway, but just like the loner kid in school who tries too hard to fit in, it�s a mistake. Instead the loner kid who didn�t fit in and ultimately the system had to bend around him was always THE COOLEST KID IN THE END

I think Rim only needs to keep its existing customers to be seriously profitable, @ eps of 2.7 and a good plan for retaining existing customers, I think Rim stock will be back over $40 in a year or two!

This is not intended as investment advice! It is just my speculation! Go go go Rimm!

Disclosure: I bought RIM $14.50 and I�m sad that it�s still going down, but I think if it goes much lower I�ll buy some more b/c I can�t believe how good the multiples are!
    03-07-12 11:21 AM
    You do realize that BBs and iPhones pretty much have an equal share of the corporate market these days, right? Those bankers, etc. you were talking about? As many of them use iPhones and Android phones as Blackberries.

And as for investing, It's your money. And anyone stupid Enough to get investment advice on a smartphone forum frankly deserves Whatever theyll get. But some analysts have a target value for RIMM at 7 or 8 dollars lately. Oh well, at least you're better off than that one poster who bought 150 shares at 35$.

Speaking of keyboard and screen, you DO realize that all of RIMs future BBOS10 phones that we know off are all touchscreen, right?
    Last edited by CrackedBarry; 03-07-12 at 11:30 AM.
    03-07-12 11:27 AM
    i firmly believe in RIM and know they will bounce back. all the haters are trying hard but in the end RIM will prevail.

look at all the peeps that have purchased shares recently, they are going UP UP UP.
    03-07-12 11:47 AM
    This is not news or a rumor. This is baseless speculation stating hyperboles as facts. Furthermore I used a BlackBerry for 4 years than switched to Windows Phone 7. Why? Because if BB10 is all new why not switch to a better platform that has already worked out its early bugs.

You are also assuming that once a successful company always a successful company. How is Palm's stock since it launched Web OS and the Pre?
    03-07-12 11:49 AM
    i firmly believe in RIM and know they will bounce back. all the haters are trying hard but in the end RIM will prevail.

look at all the peeps that have purchased shares recently, they are going UP UP UP.
    Hmmm, my stock ticker says its down 2 dollars compared to a month ago... What does it say on yours?
    teknishun likes this.
    03-07-12 11:53 AM
    I said this before, phones are not the be all for RIM. SAS is where there business model needs to shift to. Offering BES services (for all mobile devices) and continued to work with auto companies for QNX inclusion into new cars. The idea that RIM can keep up with Android is silly. Where they can shine is managing the devices, whether that's with licensing BES or hosting it for smaller organizations. It wouldn't surprise me if a SAS based company finds some interest in RIM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-07-12 12:04 PM
    no one WHO WANTS THEIR DATA SAFE will use anything but blackberry lol. seriously, name the primeminister who uses an iphone
    03-07-12 12:16 PM
    i'm currently working in a company producing blackberry SP, however orders are very low now
    03-07-12 12:24 PM
    no one WHO WANTS THEIR DATA SAFE will use anything but blackberry lol. seriously, name the primeminister who uses an iphone
    OK, so EVERY Prime Minister on earth carries a BlackBerry. So this fact means what exactly???
    03-07-12 12:35 PM
    ...Speaking of keyboard and screen, you DO realize that all of RIMs future BBOS10 phones that we know off are all touchscreen, right?
    Nope. RIM themselves have stated that a BB10 Bold is coming shortly after the full-touch, and an analyst was quoted by CNBC last week saying he'd been given some kind of keyboard device to use and that he was favorably impressed.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-07-12 12:48 PM
    Security. How many doctors or bankers or lawyers or politicians do you see using “touchscreen” smartphones? Few and here’s why: Rim applications don’t give the application provider access to all your sensitive data. Blackberry devices are responsible with data, and will command higher premium in the future as security problems become bigger.

I think Rim doesn’t need to compete with apple etc for the glitzy teen-tween crowd, Rim just needs to understand who its customers are: business-people who appreciate the blackberry’s intuitive interface and most of all security.

I think The Blackberry will never be cool and it’s a mistake to try to compete for that mindshare. I think RIM will figure this out soon and start focusing on bringing back nostalgia models – maybe done in a leather (who’s done this before?) case with gold embossing, $999.99 – makes a great gift for that executive in your life who’s just smashed 4th iphone to pieces!

I think security issues with mobile apps increase, and competitors from China start making $59 knock-offs, the Blackberry will stand out like a rose in a swamp of data-stealing mobile application. What happens to Google, Samsung, etc here? I don’t know.

I think RIM can stop chasing the mainstream retail market and divert its energies into leveraging its core-competencies – a place where it is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the competition – it’s lack of securities problems. RIM will soon realize that it should divert its energies towards marketing to the customers it has, rewarding them with free feature upgrades and perhaps educating their customer on the requirements of security in today’s mobilemarketplace.

I think Rim will change its market strategy soon, and realize that the people that own blackberrys and want to own blackberrys don’t like associating themselves with cartoons et al. Rimm needs to DIFFERENTIATE itself from other mobile phones, by keeping the keyboard + screen look and not succumbing to the whims of the masses and producing ”touch mini-screens” (I mean sure, produce them but don’t sell them under blackberry brand please! It is brand dilution)

I think Rim has captured the high end market . 100% of the “1%” use blackberry devices. Everything else is “photo-op” no prime minister is using a “android” I bet, sure bet they don’t do their banking on it LMAO

I think Rim will soon realize that if it aggressively markets to long-standing customers who have recently switched over to other smartphones (in the past year or two), they represent the LOWEST HANGING FRUIT. Offer them an explanation of why security is so important. Also include a $100 off coupon for a new phone. Blam. It’s so easy I could do it myself. Call the marketing campaign “How’s That New Toy Working Out?” LMAO

I think Rim R/D – instead of being directed into “newer” and “neater” products and flashy wallpapers etc. R&d will focus on increasing security and making existing applications run better. Rim will be the first tech company ever to realize that customer retention > reckless expansion

I think RIM marketing dept. will get that the image it needs to adhere to is one of ALOOFNESS b/c it does that anyway, but just like the loner kid in school who tries too hard to fit in, it’s a mistake. Instead the loner kid who didn’t fit in and ultimately the system had to bend around him was always THE COOLEST KID IN THE END

I think Rim only needs to keep its existing customers to be seriously profitable, @ eps of 2.7 and a good plan for retaining existing customers, I think Rim stock will be back over $40 in a year or two!

This is not intended as investment advice! It is just my speculation! Go go go Rimm!

Disclosure: I bought RIM $14.50 and I’m sad that it’s still going down, but I think if it goes much lower I’ll buy some more b/c I can’t believe how good the multiples are!
    If things were that simple, in sure RIMM would have figured it out by now.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    03-07-12 01:00 PM
    You do realize that BBs and iPhones pretty much have an equal share of the corporate market these days, right? Those bankers, etc. you were talking about? As many of them use iPhones and Android phones as Blackberries.

And as for investing, It's your money. And anyone stupid Enough to get investment advice on a smartphone forum frankly deserves Whatever theyll get. But some analysts have a target value for RIMM at 7 or 8 dollars lately. Oh well, at least you're better off than that one poster who bought 150 shares at 35$.

Speaking of keyboard and screen, you DO realize that all of RIMs future BBOS10 phones that we know off are all touchscreen, right?
    i hope you mean the BB10 devices will all have touchscreens and not that they will all be full touchscreen
    03-07-12 01:05 PM
    One thing people need to understand about this "security" thing is that no one gives a crap about it. Sure there are agencies that want their emails encrypted but for the most part people in the corporate world don't care about it. I've got a blackberry for work and if it got hacked in any way whatsoever, no information would be lost. Sure they'd see when I scheduled/cancelled meetings and a few emails, but there is no sensitive enough information that will keep people on blackberry.

I hate to burst your bubble but if that's all you got, well, go buy up as many shares of rimm as you can.
    CrackedBarry and kevinnugent like this.
    03-07-12 01:07 PM
    Blackberries have always been secure and that didn't stop the plummet from 2008. Why would that now reverse the trend? It won't. New devices with better technology, better support will do that. Not security. The number of people that care about security isn't large enough to reverse the trend alone. A lot of things have to occur. I'm not saying it's impossible. But I'm not going to exaggerate either and ignore the past 4-5 years and as as if blackberries have just now become secure so all is going to be well. Truth of the matter, is there are companies that bounce back (Apple) and then there are those that don't (Palm). I don't know what RIM is going to be but it's surely possible to go either way. No matter how much people love or hate them. They did it to themselves. Haters didn't have to "try hard". RIM helped them out big time.
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-07-12 01:16 PM
    Some insight into RIM's domination of the enterprise space:

Exclusive Research: Can RIM Be Saved? InformationWeek.com

(May require registration to read, in my experience IW does not spam)

http://reports.informationweek.com/a...be-saved*.html
    03-07-12 01:35 PM
    i hope you mean the BB10 devices will all have touchscreens and not that they will all be full touchscreen
    The devices that have been leaked and that we know about, are full touchscreen.

That doesn't mean that RIM won't introduce a BBOS10 device with a keyboard eventually, but they seem to be placing less value on that feature than you do.
    03-07-12 01:41 PM
    I remember reading that Samsung had the same FIPS certifications for the Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 that Blackberry just received for OS 7. Additionally I can tell you I am an EMT in Pennsylvania and see Docs, Nurses, and EMTs/Paramedics with all kinds of phones including BlackBerries, Android and iPhones. Not sure I understand the OP's point here.
    03-07-12 02:23 PM

Working overtime again tonight crackedbe. Your spins are amusing
    03-07-12 10:21 PM
    whats wrong with trying to get a different group of consumers? the bb10 bolds and probably almost all of the future bb10 phones (minus london) have a touch screen in which you don't have to use . i think its great what blackberry is doing!!!
    recompile likes this.
    03-07-12 11:58 PM
    Working overtime again tonight crackedbe. Your spins are amusing
    Yes, but he's still right.
    recompile likes this.
    03-08-12 12:20 AM
    The way RIM has things planned by the new CEO and the current marketing is going along, I see some big aggressive advertising and great successes. Haters gonna hate, I'm no fanboy or hater of any platform. Blackberry suits my needs and does what it's supposed to do for me. I have tried the iphone, windows phone 7/windows mobile, didn't get to try symbian or that mango interface, I just couldn't get used to them. But sticking on topic, rim is doing great. Look on the bright side of things.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-08-12 03:33 AM
    One thing people need to understand about this "security" thing is that no one gives a crap about it. Sure there are agencies that want their emails encrypted but for the most part people in the corporate world don't care about it. I've got a blackberry for work and if it got hacked in any way whatsoever, no information would be lost. Sure they'd see when I scheduled/cancelled meetings and a few emails, but there is no sensitive enough information that will keep people on blackberry.

I hate to burst your bubble but if that's all you got, well, go buy up as many shares of rimm as you can.
    It's time, maybe, to clarify what security is (IMHO) ...
    For corporations, well it's easy : consistency, efficiency, confidentiality.
    For J. Does users ... it's ... privacy.
    I wish RIM can use this notion as a marketing advantage. Balance is an unmatched key feature for BYOD which is the major decisional factor for years to come in IT's policies.

Just 2 cents ...
    03-08-12 05:07 AM
    The way RIM has things planned by the new CEO and the current marketing is going along, I see some big aggressive advertising and great successes. Haters gonna hate, I'm no fanboy or hater of any platform. Blackberry suits my needs and does what it's supposed to do for me. I have tried the iphone, windows phone 7/windows mobile, didn't get to try symbian or that mango interface, I just couldn't get used to them. But sticking on topic, rim is doing great. Look on the bright side of things.
    You deserve a ... Brian bright side

Edited : I realized that it might hurt some people to have its cover exposed here. So, if you can afford it, follow to view Monty Python's Life of Brian's ending scene. This is a humor film, but dealing with religion is too hot (no fight or irrespective behavior to be read here) ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-08-12 at 05:16 AM.
    03-08-12 05:09 AM
    You deserve a ... Brian bright side

Edited : I realized that it might hurt some people to have its cover exposed here. So, if you can afford it, follow to view Monty Python's Life of Brian's ending scene. This is a humor film, but dealing with religion is too hot (no fight or irrespective behavior to be read here) ...
    Monthy Python is just plain funny. Anybody who clicks through and is offended has no sense of humor and takes life too seriously.

Now me, and not to ruin my reputation as a negative guy, have a vision of a "bring out your dead scene" only instead of an undertaker with a cart in the street, people just start throwing their blackberries out the window and into the Street at the undertaker.
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 03-08-12 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typo
    03-08-12 08:12 AM
    Anybody who clicks through and is offended has no sense of humor and takes life too seriously.
    Interwebs seem to be filled with them....
    03-08-12 08:17 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD