This stuff cracks me up OP, your worried about an icon on your mobile?? You need to get out more and enjoy "Life"
    I'm glad it cracks you up. I just hate being forced to have American stuff on my phone that is not in my personal interest.

You seem to be confused... Curve and bold are old OS and Z10, Classic are new OS. So you have two of each and not three.
    I'm not confused. I have TWO Z10's + 1 Classic, that makes THREE BBOS 10 devices. Only using the Classic ATM. The others are indeed older phones, I do not use them anymore.
    shupor likes this.
    09-10-15 01:27 PM
    +1 for the Amazon App Store and another Amazon added in 10.3.2. This one is even more useless!
    09-10-15 01:28 PM
    I've got eleven apps in my JUNK folder..... out of sight, out of mind.

Only issue is BBM... as it still seem to run, even if you don't set it up. But the Amazon apps... if you don't run them to begin with, they don't do anything.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-10-15 01:29 PM
    You don't even have to have a "junk" or "useless" folder. Just put the apps you don't want to see on the second page of a folder you actually use. It would be nice if we could have a hidden apps list, but it really isn't the end of the world. Especially if you never use the Amazon store, it shouldn't bother you while it's idle.

As for the universal search, it bothers me as well that it has to launch the assistant and then the assistant must be closed. I'd prefer it if the assistant was only launched for that instance of the search, and closes once you press enter. It's a hideous frame to have open, and takes away from the smoothness of operating BB10 to have to close it after I search or dial a number.
    09-10-15 02:37 PM
    The worst "I am leaving you" thread ever. I thought he was going to have valid reasons.
    Also for search, I never have to launch the assistance, I just type and it gives me results instantly on my Passport. Same on Classic. I don't have to close it, once I have enough apps it disappears by itself.

9900 was and is still the best blackberry to date, sadly you have a tradeoff, more modern device with a new OS vs older "static" OS with faster operation with better (I'd doubt that) search function. I could do everything much faster on 9900 including typing, emailing, replies, filing, etc.. but I still can't do anything faster on any other platform compared to the productivity I get on my Passport.

Amazon store, can we use Sachesi to remove it?
    09-10-15 02:46 PM
    How many preinstalled apps can't be deleted on android?? All those Google apps, play this play that......

Posted via BlackBerry Passport ‎
    09-10-15 03:28 PM
    Not words but deeds. 6 years and 16 posts later, GO , move your *** and stop whining. You can put all apps in a box and move it.
    09-10-15 03:33 PM
    Secondly, if I typed something in my 9900, I'd get search results right away. In my Classic it'll first launch some 'App' again that apparently needs to be launched before I can get search results. Which is really annoying as I'm using that function a lot.
    puzzled.
    Can you please try again ?
    On my passport (I believe PKB is the key here) I type directly when I need to search ... sure, the assistant then fires, but no need to start it before.

Let me remind you, I live in Europe, we have no business with Amazon or whatsoever, neither do we want to.
    So do I and I use Amazon regularly, for books and various items ... and sometimes, apps.

I have apps on it that I don't want, but can't delete, even though it's a unlocked device.
    Drag them on the right of your last used page for apps. Done, that's your "app icon trash page". You just can't empty it ...
    Israel Adolfo likes this.
    09-10-15 03:33 PM
    Not words but deeds. 6 years and 16 posts later, GO , move your *** and stop whining. You can put all apps in a box and move it.

END THIS THREATH ,right here.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................
    pat-wallace likes this.
    09-10-15 03:35 PM
    Good luck with your search: it's your money to spend as you please. The grass is always greener on the other side, until you get there.
    I concur, grass is greener where YOU water it.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10. � C a d u c e u s �
    09-10-15 06:56 PM
    How many preinstalled apps can't be deleted on android?? All those Google apps, play this play that......

OP will start a thread on an Android forum, "After 6 loyal days, I'm leaving Android".

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-10-15 09:26 PM
    I'm kinda puzzled at how people find the Amazon App Store "useless".

I've used it to get apps countless of times that aren't available on Blackberry World. Ebay, Skype, Waze, you name it. Waze was especially useful, since the Passport has an excellent location system that uses both GPS and GLONASS, but no good free apps can use it. Also, some apps on Blackberry World are badly outdated (eBay for example). Additionally I have IM+ from it, which allows me to connect to all my IM services (due to my friends' preferences, I'm practically on 6-7 different IM services so I can just talk to them). And then there's Opera and Puffin. If you're on DiGi Malaysia like I am, you'll know that Opera is indispensable since DiGi's system is still at only GPRS-speed at certain areas, which renders browsing on sites impossible- most sites just time out before they can even load.

I don't know which part of Europe you're in, but I thought Amazon App Store is now available in over 150 countries. Yes, there are some downsides like Underground being not available in a lot of markets, but I absolutely use Amazon's App Store more than Blackberry World. Especially since a lot of the more useful apps just isn't available or is badly outdated in the latter.
    tanzarian likes this.
    09-11-15 12:33 AM

I actually have no Google Apps on my android phone...unless the play store and youtube

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 02:42 AM
    Well if it is a business is assume they'd like to make some big bucks. They should've made BlackBerry's running Android ages ago--if that was the case. I don't need nor want it, but there are people that DID, now they're all happy with their Samsung.

I said 'might'--, considering, IF something else worthy comes along. It's all about the idea, mate. I don't want to be forced to have any 3rd party App with ridicules permissions like all of iPhone and Androids.
    So let me see if I got this right...You're considering leaving BB and yet you don't like iPhones & Androids?? or is Windows your cup of tea?
    tanzarian likes this.
    09-11-15 02:52 AM
    6 loyal years, OP will be back!

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    09-11-15 02:57 AM
    Here we go again....

Stick the dam.n thing in a folder, along with any other icon you don't use, and forget about it. Seriously, there are far more important things to do with your time that complain about it.
    09-11-15 03:02 AM
    So do I and I use Amazon regularly, for books and various items ... and sometimes, apps.
    This is why I asked him if he was kidding when he said something like "...we live in Europe and nobody here wants nor uses Amazon...", which is clearly not true, as Amazon is huge here too.
    His answer was 'The Netherlands', which left me completely at a loss...
    So does this thread and making such a big deal of a - in my opinion - really minor and negligible issue.
    But hey - free speech.
    Superfly_FR and tanzarian like this.
    09-11-15 03:52 AM
    Hello,

As of 10.3.1 I can't deal with BlackBerry anymore. Actually as of OS10. I have less control over my Classic than I had over my 9900. I have apps on it that I don't want, but can't delete, even though it's a unlocked device. Now my problem with this is the idea, the idea that BlackBerry actually thinks they can force for example Amazone Store App on me. Only to later add the Amazone App as well. Now it seems that every time I delete it, which is already hard enough as it is, it comes back on a restart and messes up my other icons--which happens a lot thanks to the faulty design of the Classic's on/off button.

Let me remind you, I live in Europe, we have no business with Amazon or whatsoever, neither do we want to.

Secondly, if I typed something in my 9900, I'd get search results right away. In my Classic it'll first launch some 'App' again that apparently needs to be launched before I can get search results. Which is really annoying as I'm using that function a lot.

After 6 years of a loyal BlackBerry user, BlackBerry seems to be heading the Facebook path. I don't go that Facebook road, I don't have it for a reason and it's terrible enough that it comes pre-installed on a BlackBerry. Anyway I will be looking for a other brand, without mallware on their devices, if I wanted mallware--I'd just get an Android anyway--specifically a Samsung, comes out of the box with 8GIGABYTES of junk.

Anyone else annoyed with the FACT that you CANNOT get rid of Amazon, the ugly icons just have to be there, because BlackBerry thinks that's best for you. I mean just imagine you can't use those 10 Apps Amazon has to offer. You can't use them in this region anyway.
    I agree re amazon

Posted via passport
    09-11-15 04:00 AM
    I found the SOLUTION. I deleted it with Darcy's BB Tool, and turned parent control on--and disable Amazon. It works like a charm. I don't use folders--as I don't have ANY 3rd party app EXCEPT for Whatsapp.
    09-11-15 04:09 AM
    This is why I asked him if he was kidding when he said something like "...we live in Europe and nobody here wants nor uses Amazon...", which is clearly not true, as Amazon is huge here too.
    So does this thread and making such a big deal of a - in my opinion - really minor and negligible issue.
    But hey - free speech.
    Amazon europe is only Germany, France and the uk... so why would the other countries get the Amazon app? Thats what the op meant.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 04:10 AM
    Double post
    09-11-15 04:11 AM
    Well if you look at the marketplace you aren't the only one.. There zuddenly seem to be a lot of new listings...and I suspect the motivation is more �well, if it is goinv to be an android future i might as well pick up that one plus two...� not a sudden nostalgia for the long dead slider form factor.. Since you are in Europe grab an Aquaris E5.

Sent from my awesome Ubuntu device using the Forum Browser app
    09-11-15 04:14 AM
    Not words but deeds. 6 years and 16 posts later.
    I'm sorry for having better things to do than post 1802 things on a forum.

But hey - free speech.
    This:
    Amazon europe is only Germany, France and the uk... so why would the other countries get the Amazon app? Thats what the op meant.
    I may have OCD on this area, I want no icons I don't use, also I just really couldn't care less about Amazon. I don't care what they sell, what they do, even if it was for free. I have a BlackBerry because it's clean of mallware. I kinda could deal with ONE icon, but TWO, where will it end? 10 Icons from Amazon, Ebay and other American company's that I couldn't care less about. Perhaps they force us to have Bing, which is not so bad in America, but again in Europe it's useless.

I can't believe anyone would want to use Amazon's ugly, extremely slow, and non native app with ridicules permissions. You can download APK's from the internet or you can download appitude store or whatever it's called these days, which includes everything,, cracked. What has Amazon to offer that I can't directly buy from a Wholesale with discount, nothing, well apps, but spending money on Android apps, I'd much rather burn my money.
    Last edited by Wybrem; 09-11-15 at 04:47 AM.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    09-11-15 04:30 AM
    Amazon does in fact exist in the Netherlands, in Italy, and in many more European countries that were not mentioned.
    However, the app he started to complain about is about phone apps, so what does that have to do with Amazon as a reseller of goods and where they operate? And what's wrong with offering a 2nd app store, after 2 years of everybody complaining about BBW not having enough apps?
    09-11-15 06:13 AM
    Hate apps gap on BB10??? ME TOO!!!
    09-11-15 06:33 AM
74 123