Hello,

As of 10.3.1 I can't deal with BlackBerry anymore. Actually as of OS10. I have less control over my Classic than I had over my 9900. I have apps on it that I don't want, but can't delete, even though it's a unlocked device. Now my problem with this is the idea, the idea that BlackBerry actually thinks they can force for example Amazone Store App on me. Only to later add the Amazone App as well. Now it seems that every time I delete it, which is already hard enough as it is, it comes back on a restart and messes up my other icons--which happens a lot thanks to the faulty design of the Classic's on/off button.

Let me remind you, I live in Europe, we have no business with Amazon or whatsoever, neither do we want to.

Secondly, if I typed something in my 9900, I'd get search results right away. In my Classic it'll first launch some 'App' again that apparently needs to be launched before I can get search results. Which is really annoying as I'm using that function a lot.

After 6 years of a loyal BlackBerry user, BlackBerry seems to be heading the Facebook path. I don't go that Facebook road, I don't have it for a reason and it's terrible enough that it comes pre-installed on a BlackBerry. Anyway I will be looking for a other brand, without mallware on their devices, if I wanted mallware--I'd just get an Android anyway--specifically a Samsung, comes out of the box with 8GIGABYTES of junk.

Anyone else annoyed with the FACT that you CANNOT get rid of Amazon, the ugly icons just have to be there, because BlackBerry thinks that's best for you. I mean just imagine you can't use those 10 Apps Amazon has to offer. You can't use them in this region anyway.
    09-10-15 04:11 AM
    Anyone else annoyed with the FACT that you CANNOT get rid of Amazon, the ugly icons just have to be there, because BlackBerry thinks that's best for you. I mean just imagine you can't use those 10 Apps Amazon has to offer. You can't use them in this region anyway.
    Not really. Far more bothersome things in the world. Toss em in a folder, forget about em. Every single platform has apps or some icons you can't remove, so overall, you can leave BlackBerry if you wish but the problem will remain for the most part only it will be different icons you'll be complaining about instead of Amazon.
    09-10-15 04:15 AM
    I shared your frustration about the amazon appstore. I never opened it, and while it told me it wasnt deletable, on my Z30 it HAS vanished from view. I have always been allowed to delete Facebook from my BB phones,and always do.

On the other hand, BlackBerry is still BlackBerry, and i still love it, and what are the alternatives? Are chopping off your nose to spite your face? It may or may not get worse as time goes on, like everything else in modern day society.

I also am frustrated with the search feature, its like they broke something that worked. I dont want to use that talk search feature so that limits most all of it.

I have had android, i would rather go phoneless than to put up with that. I never tried an iphone, but after seeing the changes in the apple computers i knew i wouldnt want one, same goes for Windows. Times are changing, we will see what they come up with next. I cant blame BlackBerry for experimenting with trying this route. I suspect either (a) they were forced to 'bake in' the Amazon thing to get Amazon's cooperation, or (b) they had to do it that way for the security of their OS to work with it, due to the conflict between BB security and android permission demands. We just cant have our cake and eat it too. Personally, i didnt need android at all --oops, I kinda did for some music options to work. But only because i COULD.
    09-10-15 05:26 AM
    I'm sure that in order to get Android apps through Amazon, BlackBerry had to sell a little bit of its soul and put those non-deletable apps on there.

I just moved them out of sight. I wouldn't mind the Amazon app if it wasn't a horribly slow android port. They could have at least made it native if we are forced to have it.

Practically every major brand phone out there is gonna have garbage on it that won't go away. This isn't exclusive to BlackBerry.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-10-15 06:01 AM
    Let me remind you, I live in Europe, we have no business with Amazon or whatsoever, neither do we want to.
    You're kidding, are you?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:06 AM
    I tell you, if there was another decent email client out there on another platform, I would be long gone, then put up with BlackBerry 's BS.

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    09-10-15 06:07 AM
    Hello,

As of 10.3.1 I can't deal with BlackBerry anymore. Actually as of OS10. I have less control over my Classic than I had over my 9900. I have apps on it that I don't want, but can't delete, even though it's a unlocked device. Now my problem with this is the idea, the idea that BlackBerry actually thinks they can force for example Amazone Store App on me. Only to later add the Amazone App as well. Now it seems that every time I delete it, which is already hard enough as it is, it comes back on a restart and messes up my other icons--which happens a lot thanks to the faulty design of the Classic's on/off button.

Secondly, if I typed something in my 9900, I'd get search results right away. In my Classic it'll first launch some 'App' again that apparently needs to be launched before I can get search results. Which is really annoying as I'm using that function a lot.

After 6 years of a loyal BlackBerry user, BlackBerry seems to be heading the Facebook path. I don't go that Facebook road, I don't have it for a reason and it's terrible enough that it comes pre-installed on a BlackBerry. Anyway I will be looking for a other brand, without mallware on their devices, if I wanted mallware--I'd just get an Android anyway--specifically a Samsung, comes out of the box with 8GIGABYTES of junk.

My husband complains about the undeletable apps on his Samsung all the time. As well as the features that he deems as gimmicks. As for me, I have everything in folders. Amazon app store goes into an app folder, along with BlackBerry World and Snap.

As for the Search function, I am able to type a name/subject and the results do show up immediately. I have an Android tablet, use my husband's and daughter's Android phones a lot and still find the UI on OS10 to be more intuitive.

Would not be a bad idea for u to try the latest iPhone and see which platform will work for u. Nothing wrong with that.

Posted via Classic
    09-10-15 07:18 AM
    What really annoys me is not Amazon Appstore but this "idea" of "loyalty" I keep encountering on this site.

Get real, people, it's not a cult, it's a business!

We happen to like what they are doing, so we use their products and admire the people making them. But it's not a mariage, a liberation movement or a spiritual quest.

There are plenty of alternatives out there, many of them at affordable prices.

I love BB10, I'm really happy with the latest update that made my old Z10 snappier and increased its battery life. Nevertheless, if you need something else - just go ahead and don't waste your time ******** about non issues like a couple of apps you cannot delete.
    Coachbulldog, Uzi, bodjor and 9 others like this.
    09-10-15 07:38 AM
    I shared your frustration about the amazon appstore... ....But only because i COULD.
    I just can't appreciate that I can't delete the apps. I'd rather watch paint dry than to see what Amazon has to offer me. I don't know any alternative, it seems that everything is going backwards.. Everybody needs to be social on 982317 platforms at once.

You're kidding, are you?
    No., The Netherlands.

Amazon app store goes into an app folder, along with BlackBerry World and Snap.
    What is "Snap"?

Would not be a bad idea for u to try the latest iPhone and see which platform will work for u. Nothing wrong with that.
    O no no no, no iPhone for me. -Way to expensive, -Powered by the NSA, -Insecure, -No good email client... iPhone... it's for kids in my opinion. The search is quick, if launched already, but on both my Z10 and Classic the first search takes 1-2 secs to load the App.

Which brings me to, why are people so obsessed with 'Apps' these days. I really don't get it. How is it any good if you're the product behind most apps., due advertising for example. Most 'Apps' are just responsive websites anyway.
    09-10-15 08:05 AM
    Really? Those are the issues you have?

Stick the unwanted crap in a folder and name it FU-BB and you can giggle everytime you see the folder.

But seriously....THOSE are the reasons you want to leave?

I'll give you another B B...

Buh-Bye!

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    09-10-15 08:08 AM
    What really annoys me is not Amazon Appstore but this "idea" of "loyalty" I keep encountering on this site. Get real, people, it's not a cult, it's a business!
    Well if it is a business is assume they'd like to make some big bucks. They should've made BlackBerry's running Android ages ago--if that was the case. I don't need nor want it, but there are people that DID, now they're all happy with their Samsung.

But seriously....THOSE are the reasons you want to leave?
    I said 'might'--, considering, IF something else worthy comes along. It's all about the idea, mate. I don't want to be forced to have any 3rd party App with ridicules permissions like all of iPhone and Androids.
    09-10-15 08:15 AM
    Those android apps don't run fluent on my z10 either. Neither do we use amazon here so I have to side load snap to get those apps I need. And then u have the poor battery life on the Z10, if u reach 2 -3 hrs on heavy use u should be happy.
    Then u guys will tell me to buy a passport.
    Well yes I would probably have more battery life then, Android apps will run smoother but still not the same like on an android phone.
    So spend �600 on a passport or �700 on an iphone. Well for me, I rather spend �100 more then I don't need to side load and I have all the apps I want.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:27 AM
    Nothing wrong with your decision to get an iphone, it's your phone, get whatever suits you better... and of course, the apps MUST run better on an android device than in a Passport (even when I can tell you in mine the android apps are running pretty pretty well)... I mean, how terrible would be to get an ANDROID phone that doesn't deliver a smooth experience when running ANDROID apps?

Those android apps don't run fluent on my z10 either. Neither do we use amazon here so I have to side load snap to get those apps I need. And then u have the poor battery life on the Z10, if u reach 2 -3 hrs on heavy use u should be happy.
    Then u guys will tell me to buy a passport.
    Well yes I would probably have more battery life then, Android apps will run smoother but still not the same like on an android phone.
    So spend �600 on a passport or �700 on an iphone. Well for me, I rather spend �100 more then I don't need to side load and I have all the apps I want.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:37 AM
    Good luck with your search: it's your money to spend as you please. The grass is always greener on the other side, until you get there.
    09-10-15 09:14 AM
    I miss that word, "Playbook". That had reason.
    Is sideloading still an option?
    Then they want the apps, then they don't want the apps.
    Its a phone not a woman. It doesn't change the longer you keep it. Do some research before you buy. Just saying.
    09-10-15 09:41 AM
    Still have a Playbook, I haven't used it for more then a year. Its so slow and battery life isn't that great either.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-10-15 09:49 AM
    After using IOS and Android, I always come back to BB10. If you get yourself a new Silver Edition Passport, you will love it. Will it have all the features your old 9900 had? No. But BB10 in my humble opinion is so much easier to use, has much better security, and has BB Blend to compliment it. Battery life is better than anything else out there.
    Amazon Appstore is a small concession, and you are right to be upset. But once you use BB10, you will love it. I can speak from experience.
    09-10-15 09:54 AM
    How loyal are you, if you dont have a bb10 device?

Seems to me you expect a lot from a business that you made a one time purchase from 6 years ago.

I quite frankly find it hilarious when I see a thread "BB, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!??!?" so many people on this board seem to take changes as a personal attack. If you've not figured it out yet, change is a part of life, and in most cases you can fight and lose, or embrace prevail.

Business's want more money and the easiest way to acquire that is to cater your product to the majority. People like all of us, who currently still use the BB platform are clearly not that.
    09-10-15 10:49 AM
    After using IOS and Android, I always come back to BB10. If you get yourself a new Silver Edition Passport, you will love it. Will it have all the features your old 9900 had? No. But BB10 in my humble opinion is so much easier to use, has much better security, and has BB Blend to compliment it. Battery life is better than anything else out there.
    Amazon Appstore is a small concession, and you are right to be upset. But once you use BB10, you will love it. I can speak from experience.
    I like BB10 itself, just not the whole Amazon mallware. --To me it's mallware, don't want it, can't get rid of it, uses insane permissions, seems like mallware.

How loyal are you, if you dont have a bb10 device?
    These are my devices sorted old > new (I often have two of the same): Curve Black / Curve White, Bold 9900 / Bold 9900, Z10 / Z10, Classic. And was planning on buying a Black Passport and Silver Passport. I don't know but I think I've outdone most consumers already., Three BBOS 10 devices right there.
    09-10-15 11:03 AM
    Well, the Amazon icon doesn't bother me at all even though I hardly buy anything from Amazon. It bother me for a few days, but I trick my eyes not to see the icon. Now, I don't even see it anymore even though it still there!
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-10-15 11:14 AM
    These are my devices sorted old > new (I often have two of the same): Curve Black / Curve White, Bold 9900 / Bold 9900, Z10 / Z10, Classic. And was planning on buying a Black Passport and Silver Passport. I don't know but I think I've outdone most consumers already., Three BBOS 10 devices right there.
    You seem to be confused... Curve and bold are old OS and Z10, Classic are new OS. So you have two of each and not three.
    09-10-15 11:22 AM
    This stuff cracks me up OP, your worried about an icon on your mobile?? You need to get out more and enjoy "Life"
    09-10-15 11:25 AM
    Well, the Amazon icon doesn't bother me at all even though I hardly buy anything from Amazon. It bother me for a few days, but I trick my eyes not to see the icon. Now, I don't even see it anymore even though it still there!
    I really don't see what the deal is with hating the Amazon icon on the screen. As many others have said, just create a Folder called JUNK on your desktop and fire the Help, Tutorials, Setup, Camera, Phone, and Amazon icons in there--make sure the Amazon icon(s) are not in the first 4 of that folder and you won't even see the d?!n thing! So what if the Amazon icon is physically on your device, you don't have to sign in--file it under junk and forget about it.

Posted via CB10
    pat-wallace and rickkel like this.
    09-10-15 11:28 AM
    The OP is slightly dramatic...as with all installed apps... you do not have open them if you not want to use them... only frees up a minimal amount of space on your devices to delete them... If no Amazon account exists... Amazon is no issue.... If you have an account... simply do not log in....seems to be a the OP has not run into Bloatware... suggest the OP have a look at the land of Android where Bloatware reigns supreme or Apple where the same issue exists.... perhaps OP need to move to these plarforms and root your device to get remove it... when you do ... good luck with the dreaded malware after that......wonder what Amazon did to the OP????
    09-10-15 11:50 AM
    I have an "Unused" folder where I put all the apps I don't want to see. Not a big deal to me.

My curiosity and passion for technology have led me to try phones on every major platform (BlackBerry, Android, iOS, Windows). I appreciate the unique strengths and acknowledge the inherent weaknesses of each, but I always come back to BB10.

While I am passionate about the tech I use, at the end of the day, it's just a phone.

Get what works best for you and makes you happy.

Good luck!

Posted from my Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339 via CB10
    09-10-15 12:30 PM
74 123