10.3.1 is a huge update imo. I wish 10.3.1 came out two years ago. Perhaps Blackberry fortunes would be different now. Anyways here are my reasons for loving 10.3.1

1. Awesome blackberry hub. My phone was never as productive as it is now with the new hub. I am on the top of the game 24/7 with the new hub. I love that it is possible to answer to TXT without leaving the hub
    2. New visual look of 10.3.1. Icons look great, i like new white virtual keyboard
    3. The assistant. It actually understands my commands! I am totally impressed with it.
    4. New camera app. Lot of improvements. I like panoramic mode. It might be just me but i think my old Z10 takes better photos at night now. Timer is so useful too.
    5. Battery saving mode. Yes it does work and works well.
    6. Amazon app store. It is good to be able to get some android apps without hassle.
    7. Updated blackberry apps like password keeper, browser, file manager which make blackberry even more productive
    8. Blackberry Blend is great.

My Z10 feels like brand new phone. Blackberry is awesome productivity tool. I feel like getting passport now !
    02-24-15 07:11 AM
    I totally agree with you. Hope the outstanding bugs for some get a fixed quickly so can truly appreciate the update 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:21 AM
    I have had the z10 since day 1 and it truly feels as if I have upgraded twice since then.

The phone runs sooo smooth. Definitely one of the best purchase I have ever made.

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    02-24-15 07:26 AM
    I can't say I agree with you completely, my batterys' been draining so quickly after the update I don't run a lot of apps yet I get a time of only 6-7 hours on my Z10... I don't get why, when the battery saving mode get's turned on, it vibrates. Why does it vibrate? Vibrations take a lot of battery. It should just turn on without the vibration. I searched if I could turn it off but there's no option to do that. Furthermore, the update has made my phone a bit slower/laggy compared to how smoothly the 10.2.1 ran, I feel. It really is slower, I don't know if it's just me or if there are more who have this issue... maybe It'll be addressed in a maintenance update sometime in the future... otherwise, the 10.3.1 does look good, I love the advanced interactions feature where you flip the device to put it to sleep, I love it... The keyboard, yes, that too looks good... Basically, just having issues with battery life, mainly. Otherwise I'm enjoying 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:16 AM
    If it had a better, longer I mean, battery life the device would be almost perfect. Yes, seems a whole new smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:40 AM
    Totally agree.
    I experienced a huge improvement on my battery life and I read that other Z10 user have as well.

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    02-24-15 09:27 AM
    It is odd that some Z10s seem to have good battery life and others not. It could be that the contact points need cleaning or the battery needs replacing. Maybe a phone manufacturing defect.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:22 AM
    Z10s are older now and one great feature is that you can pop in a fresh battery to replace your tired one. I ordered one from CB, a few months ago, and it was well worth it, as the charge lasts hours longer now.

TCB on Z10
    02-24-15 12:24 PM
    The only issue is when incoming call is getting the answering button is at middle of the screen it looks very odd and I think it was a bug
    Hope BlackBerry will fix this issue

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:12 PM
    Z10s are older now and one great feature is that you can pop in a fresh battery to replace your tired one. I ordered one from CB, a few months ago, and it was well worth it, as the charge lasts hours longer now.

TCB on Z10
    For older phone Z10 works beautifully with the update. The best part is that the phone is extra cheap to replace. $100 or so.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:01 PM
    After installing 10.3.1 on my stl100-3 in the first to days the battery was draining like crazy, had to keep on charging the phone every 3 hours, but I wasn't worry, as we all now that when ever there's a mayor update like this it takes the OS a couple of days to settle, now 5 days later and as i'm typing this I can tell you that my Z10 has never giving this battery life ever. Here is a pic of how long is giving me now:

Why I love 10.3.1 on my Z10-img_20150226_050907_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:14 AM
    After installing 10.3.1 on my stl100-3 in the first to days the battery was draining like crazy, had to keep on charging the phone every 3 hours, but I wasn't worry, as we all now that when ever there's a mayor update like this it takes the OS a couple of days to settle, now 5 days later and as i'm typing this I can tell you that my Z10 has never giving this battery life ever. Here is a pic of how long is giving me now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150226_050907_edit.png 
Views:	921 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	337047

Posted via CB10
    Yep.

Unlike the terrible "let your battery drain to zero" myth (that actually can cause permanent physical damage to your lithium ion battery), the notion of "OS Settling" is real.

FYI: No sarcasm here. (Just read my post, and thought it could potentially be interpreted as sarcasm)

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    02-26-15 07:39 AM
    I am loving 10.3 as well, now that I am 6 days into it.

at first I thought I had made a huge mistake as my phone was running perfectly on 10.2 but when I updated the battery life was absolutely abysmal! after it settled and I did a hard reset the battery life is significantly improved.

it was strange when I reset the phone tho - I held the power button until the shut down, I left it for a few mins then pushed the power button to turn it on again - it wouldnt boot up! just got a black screen and the led would flash in a sequence - 2 flashes, then 4, repeat.

I did the volume buttons and power button reset and that seemed to fix the problem (and that's when the battery life improved greatly as well)..
    02-26-15 03:29 PM
    For those having battery issues. A battery pull for 5 minutes did the trick. Now I get 12-15 hours of low-moderate use.

If someone figured out the Advanced Interactions bug, where they simply don't work on the z10 please let me know.
    02-26-15 03:43 PM
    Hello running a stl100-1 z10 with latest 10.3.1 and this is truly a new phone. With battery getting avg 10 hrs + with lots of emails, calls, wifi..etc. Found that taking off location ( gps) , taking off device connections for Blend, activating power saving mode y lowering screen brightness has made an additional difference. If need Blend ( which is great) then turn on but if not in use turn off.
    By the way really liked the feature to change colour of LED depending on the contact! This works great if in silent mode for example to know who just contacted you. Pure efficiency from BlackBerry!
    02-26-15 04:55 PM
    I also have not been able to get advanced Interactions to work on my z10 stl 100-2. My brother has the same phone they work perfectly. I haven't found a tread addressing this issue yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:07 PM
    Since I wasn't part of the initial wave of BlackBerry fans ( original keyboard) ability to customize LED has blown me away

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:14 PM
    i think this is probably what it feels like for an iphone user to upgrade from a 5 to a 6.

if someone told me i would have to get in line to get an OS update like this, i probably would get in a physical line.

we've all been so anxious to get this update, yet we basically got the equivalent of a new iphone for free.

i like all the improvements, profiles, notifications, leds, advance interactions, UI, hub etc.

but what has really blown me away is the assistant. yes, she's a little slow. but she works.

in the car, over bluetooth, she understands. even my weird polish name contacts she figures out on the first try. i've made tons of calls using the assistant. sent texts, bbms and have had them read to me. it's so nice to not have to fiddle with the phone while i'm driving.

she needs a name.
    02-26-15 08:39 PM
    Bitek,

Aren't u facing any bugs after? I have got the official notification about the update from my carrier but still I am scaring to update. There are so many negative reviews I am getting and to be polite, I don't belong to the software. So if I would face any problem later on, it would b the worst time for me to solve those bugs. I hope BlackBerry announces soon the update with 0 bugs.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 01:16 AM
    Bitek,

Aren't u facing any bugs after? I have got the official notification about the update from my carrier but still I am scaring to update. There are so many negative reviews I am getting and to be polite, I don't belong to the software. So if I would face any problem later on, it would b the worst time for me to solve those bugs. I hope BlackBerry announces soon the update with 0 bugs.

Posted via CB10
    0 bug is not realistic. Never has never will. It's coding and codes never are bug free regardless of the company

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:26 PM
    Yes..agree with u also I understand this is technology. But I am just curious if ever I can update and experience new look to my z10

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 02:14 PM
    Really like 10.3.1 on our Z30's and Passport. Would love to see it in action on my/our AT&T Z10's.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    02-28-15 10:01 AM