I've been a loyal and fanatical Blackberry fan for as long as I can remember. 9800, 9900, Q10, Z30, 2 Passports. I'd mock the iSheep, and Android - I just can't get my mind around that.

I'm a heavy business user and absolutely loved the Passport. In fact, when I eventually broke the first one, I rushed out and bought another one with no reservations. So why did I move off the Passport?

Firstly, it's just too big and heavy. Yep, fits nicely in the back pocket of my jeans, but it's too uncomfortable to sit on. On the weekend it flops around in my side pocket and becomes a nuisance. Secondly, it's just too big for one handed typing.

There's a lot going for the passport. The keyboard is a dream. The screen size is enormous (too big?), the battery life is amazing, and the processor speed is perfect.

And the Q10 and Classic screen size is just too small and the processor too slow after using the Passport

In between my Passports I tried an iPhone 5S. Hmm. not convinced as it was too small and the battery life was a joke. My the Touch ID and the step counter were a revelation for me. As were the access to apps I didn't even know existed.

So I was a bit disappointed going back to the Passport so I tried an iPhone 6S. Yes the 6S is flawed, but it's everything the 5S should have been. For me, it fits nicely in my pocket and hand. The battery life is just enough for a full day and using the Touch ID to unlock the phone is a godsend (Company IT policy dictates that to use email on my device it has to have a passcode).

Hell yes, I miss the Hub.Badly!!!! And email on the iPhone is prehistoric compared to the Passport. But everything else, EVERYTHING else is just right for me. Yes, there devices with bigger screens, better cameras, more battery life, more processing speed. But the 6S is just enough. And the built in Touch ID and step counter are now things I CAN'T live without.

I'm sad that the Priv went Anddroid, but I can understand from a business point of view it makes sense. After all, hardly any developers support BB10 anymore. But why not Touch ID? Why no Step Counter. I feel that Blackberry is still "behind the curve" with this device. And why is it so BIG? If I want a tablet I'll buy one. I want something that fits in my pants pocket.

I guess I feel disappointed in Blackberry. They keep seeming to slip backwards, and don't seem to be able to even stay abreast of competing technology. Yes, security on other devices may be lacking, but the security on iOS (or lack of it, lol) is sufficient for my needs. And BB10 was phenomenal, but after seeing the "slickness" of iOS 9 if feels archaic.

I miss Blackberry. but I won't go back. That would feel like a step backwards. I hope Mr Chen turns it around. In my heart I'd like nothing better, but the rational part of me knows that probably won't be the case. Priv sales will be lacklustre as there are simply far better and cheaper Android devices out there. Blackberry has no Unique Selling Point any more. Security may be the only one, but most consumers don't care enough about that. I feel that Blackberry can simply no longer compete as a smartphone manufacturer. perhaps they can transition into software? I hope for their sake they can, but I don't see it happening.

In my opinion, the ideal device would be an iPhone 6S with a BB10 Hub and email capability. If only Mr Chen would licence this to Mr Cook then perhaps the ideal device would be created.

Goodbye Blackberry, Goodbye Crackberry. Thank you for the many happy years together. The grass may not be a lot greener on the other side - but it's there and it's thriving.
    02-17-16 06:41 AM
    I've been a loyal and fanatical Blackberry fan for as long as I can remember. 9800, 9900, Q10, Z30, 2 Passports. I'd mock the iSheep, and Android - I just can't get my mind around that.

I'm a heavy business user and absolutely loved the Passport. In fact, when I eventually broke the first one, I rushed out and bought another one with no reservations. So why did I move off the Passport?

Firstly, it's just too big and heavy. Yep, fits nicely in the back pocket of my jeans, but it's too uncomfortable to sit on. On the weekend it flops around in my side pocket and becomes a nuisance. Secondly, it's just too big for one handed typing.

There's a lot going for the passport. The keyboard is a dream. The screen size is enormous (too big?), the battery life is amazing, and the processor speed is perfect.

And the Q10 and Classic screen size is just too small and the processor too slow after using the Passport

In between my Passports I tried an iPhone 5S. Hmm. not convinced as it was too small and the battery life was a joke. My the Touch ID and the step counter were a revelation for me. As were the access to apps I didn't even know existed.

So I was a bit disappointed going back to the Passport so I tried an iPhone 6S. Yes the 6S is flawed, but it's everything the 5S should have been. For me, it fits nicely in my pocket and hand. The battery life is just enough for a full day and using the Touch ID to unlock the phone is a godsend (Company IT policy dictates that to use email on my device it has to have a passcode).

Hell yes, I miss the Hub.Badly!!!! And email on the iPhone is prehistoric compared to the Passport. But everything else, EVERYTHING else is just right for me. Yes, there devices with bigger screens, better cameras, more battery life, more processing speed. But the 6S is just enough. And the built in Touch ID and step counter are now things I CAN'T live without.

I'm sad that the Priv went Anddroid, but I can understand from a business point of view it makes sense. After all, hardly any developers support BB10 anymore. But why not Touch ID? Why no Step Counter. I feel that Blackberry is still "behind the curve" with this device. And why is it so BIG? If I want a tablet I'll buy one. I want something that fits in my pants pocket.

I guess I feel disappointed in Blackberry. They keep seeming to slip backwards, and don't seem to be able to even stay abreast of competing technology. Yes, security on other devices may be lacking, but the security on iOS (or lack of it, lol) is sufficient for my needs. And BB10 was phenomenal, but after seeing the "slickness" of iOS 9 if feels archaic.

I miss Blackberry. but I won't go back. That would feel like a step backwards. I hope Mr Chen turns it around. In my heart I'd like nothing better, but the rational part of me knows that probably won't be the case. Priv sales will be lacklustre as there are simply far better and cheaper Android devices out there. Blackberry has no Unique Selling Point any more. Security may be the only one, but most consumers don't care enough about that. I feel that Blackberry can simply no longer compete as a smartphone manufacturer. perhaps they can transition into software? I hope for their sake they can, but I don't see it happening.

In my opinion, the ideal device would be an iPhone 6S with a BB10 Hub and email capability. If only Mr Chen would licence this to Mr Cook then perhaps the ideal device would be created.

Goodbye Blackberry, Goodbye Crackberry. Thank you for the many happy years together. The grass may not be a lot greener on the other side - but it's there and it's thriving.
    Should have gotten a Z30
    02-17-16 06:46 AM
    Should have gotten a Z30
    Agree!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    02-17-16 07:12 AM
    Agree with you OP. For the time being I have done the same thing.
    02-17-16 07:48 AM
    The OP has touched on a lot of good points and as I have said many times, here in the USA the Blackberry brand is all but forgotten.

I have seen how T Mobile has done nothing to market the new Priv here, the stores I have been to have the device mixed in with last years devices and no signs or advertising to be found. WTF!!!

I blame this directly on Blackberry for not being directly involved with how the Priv was launched here. Don't blame T Mobile folks, they supported the brand when no one else would and took them back after the pissing match between their CEO and Chen.

I still try and preach the brand here, but it gets harder and harder when you don't see any support from the folks up there in Waterloo!!!

I am in for the long haul and I will always be part of the CB community because I have made a lot of good friends on this site. But, I can't blame the OP on this one, IOS and Android are embedded into the culture here and I don't see it changing any time soon.

I just hoping the Priv sales will be good enough to justify the hardware divisions survival, only time will tell.
    kfehling likes this.
    02-17-16 09:04 AM
    I had a Z30 before I moved onto the Passport. Great device, slightly bulky but a good solid device.

Sadly they aren't sold new anymore. There also no Touch ID or step counter. And most of the apps I now use need to transfer data so while I can side load android apps on the Z30 Google Play doesn't work. So not a real solution.
    02-17-16 11:04 AM
    02-17-16 09:17 PM