When Z10 was released, I instantly bought one.
    It is a nice device since hub, fluid gestures and the bb-feeling itself
    are great. Everything was great till I tried it when I arrived at my office.
    3 out of 4 callers said they cant hear me or the call itself aborts.
    Even in 2G-only-mode: the same issue.

Last year I wanted to upgrade to a iPhone 5 - same issue.
    The only device known for flawless calls are my old 9000.

So I have to wait for the Q10 or the next big thing I guess...
    04-16-13 07:12 AM
    Maybe you have a bad one. I have had no issues will calls, though carrier and location obviously make a difference.
    04-16-13 07:16 AM
    I had over 20 hours of phone calls last billing cycle and not one issue with any of them.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:20 AM
    When Z10 was released, I instantly bought one.
    It is a nice device since hub, fluid gestures and the bb-feeling itself
    are great. Everything was great till I tried it when I arrived at my office.
    3 out of 4 callers said they cant hear me or the call itself aborts.
    Even in 2G-only-mode: the same issue.

Last year I wanted to upgrade to a iPhone 5 - same issue.
    The only device known for flawless calls are my old 9000.

So I have to wait for the Q10 or the next big thing I guess...
    This sounds like a carrier/reception issue and not a Blackberry/Apple issue. Did you contact your carrier and explain the situation before you returned the phones?
    04-16-13 07:28 AM
    If you got the same problem on an IPhone as well then I have to think its a problem in the office. It just seems strongly unlikely that you would have managed to get a bad iPhone AND a bad Z10. I mean, sure its possible, but both apple and blackberry make a phone that functions as a phone, so I think this warrants further investigation. Perhaps an old tower and low signal so the old Bold is better equipped to handle it while the new phones assume better or at least different signal strength? How strong is the signal that you get in the office? Do you get 3G or 4G signal from where you are making calls? How are calls when you are not at the office?

Definitely ask your co-workers about the devices that they use and if they experience similar problems. If they don't experience it have them make a call from your workspace to a landline in the building and see if you can make the problem come up on a handset that is definitely working properly. If its a problem that's endemic to the area you work (it can happen... there's blackspots in my mother in laws house where my phone shows 3 bars of signal but I can't make calls but her aeons old dumb phone works fine) then you might need to look into moving to a carrier with wifi calling. Alternatively, if its a problem all over the building then you should talk to your boss about getting a femtocell or similar. It's obviously important that you guys be able to make your calls and be reachable when you aren't at your desk so it's in his interest to help you out.

Edit -

Was I the only one who came in here thinking the post was going to be about a guy who just seriously loves his 9000 that much? Because when I read the title I seriously had sympathy with that cause. Man the 9000 was a superb piece of kit. I still have my handset, but unfortunately the trackball will no longer click (the reason I had to upgrade to an 9800) so I can't quite go and relive the glory days. But whenever I pick it up....oooooo she feels so good in my hand.
    04-16-13 07:30 AM
    This sounds like a carrier/reception issue and not a Blackberry/Apple issue. Did you contact your carrier and explain the situation before you returned the phones?
    The thought that goes through my head is "I tried, but they couldn't hear me".

It definitely sounds like either a specific handset issue (have the carrier replace the device), or a carrier issue, which might be as simple as wiping the phone and reloading the OS, or an OS update.
    04-16-13 07:53 AM