This is going to be a rant about the Z10 and why, next week, it will be returned and I will be replacing it with an I phone 5. I hope somebody will read this and speak to the head honcho at Blackberry. I have a vested interested in seeing Blackberry succeed. People I know work there, and rely on their jobs. I have had a Torch now for a few years, since it came out. I have also had to buy an I pod touch, so I can use Skype, Tango, Netflix, none of which I could use on the Torch. I am afraid I do not have much faith in getting Skype soon - when, this year, next year, some year. However onto the Z10 - it was easy to set up and use. I have an I pod touch and an I pad mini (hate my husband's Playbook). First thing I notice, is there is no icon for mail, password locking and power off, my accuweather app no longer posts the temperature under the clock on the desktop. Hmm, I complain to my Blackberry employee contact - its all about the Hub apparently, and swiping. The hub seems unwieldy to me, I don't like it. I am a mature woman, I have no interest in business use, and I guess this phone is for business people. But wait, this makes no sense, the icons for the other messages are on the desktop, but no mail icon? Why? So I come to personalise the phone, as I had with my Torch. Simple things, one ping for an e-mail, two pings for a bbm and three pings for a text. I use that every day. Saves me fishing my phone out of my purse to read an e-mail, but I will do that to read a text or a bbm. This is no longer an option!!! Yes I can have different tones for messages and ringtones for my contacts, but the feature I used on the Torch is dumbed down on the Z10. Wait a moment, aren't I upgrading. So far I have lost the things I used and do not have much in the way of new things I can use. Do not get me started on the apps - FaceFlow, that is some joke and why it has been allowed to be put on the app list is beyond me. It is in its infancy and no way an answer to Skype or Tango.

This leads me to Facebook, and facebook chat. In the same app on both the I pod and the Torch, you can access chat. THIS IS NOT ON THE NEW Z10 app. No chat???? I use this every day. I do not wish to go over to yet another app to use chat, plus that app does not appear to keep you signed in.

Rant over, suffice to say I am unable to support Blackberry any longer and will be going over to the dark side. I already have Mac computer, I pad mini, and I pod. May as well go the whole hog.
    02-15-13 06:06 PM
    02-15-13 06:07 PM
    well, at least you managed to post this in the z10 forums.....
    02-15-13 06:07 PM
    Cool, sounds like you like apple devices anyway. Enjoy them.
    02-15-13 06:10 PM
    wait dont return that Z10! sell it to an american in need
    02-15-13 06:15 PM
    Here we go again
    02-15-13 06:19 PM
    I know... why do people do this?
    02-15-13 06:20 PM
    What do you mean there is no password locking and power off?

I have a password lock set up on my Z10 and I can power off my Z10.

Not sure how the App functionality issues are BlackBerry's fault, that would lie with the App Developers.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Cracklen likes this.
    02-15-13 06:22 PM
    Good luck with your choice, thanks for sharing your opinion. I love my z10 but life is about choices.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    02-15-13 06:26 PM
    Good luck with your choice, thanks for sharing your opinion. I love my z10 but life is about choices.
    Well said, I was gonna type the same thing.

02-15-13 06:29 PM
    So you wanted a phone with Skype, bought one that doesn't have it, and now you are complaining to us because it doesn't have Skype?
    02-15-13 06:30 PM
    As I posted on a similar thread, please let this be the last post on this thread and just let this thread slowly fade away into the abyss.
    02-15-13 06:33 PM
    Lol

02-15-13 06:35 PM
    yes I know there is password locking and power off - in the settings. there are no icons, which were on the torch. One touch, not multiple swipes to achieve the same result
    02-15-13 06:37 PM
    No Facebook chat?? When someone messages me on FB, it magically appears in my HUB and I can throw a conversation back and forth at leisure... skype? who cares... it's coming when it's coming... as for netflix and instagram and all those others... I'm sad they didn't make it on at launch but hey, stuff happens and you carry on...
    As for the device being geared toward the business user... that statement is laughable at best. The hub is one of the best features of the device... a centralized location for all you social media, emails, and notifications... I don't understand your frustration with it... you can move your finger up and swipe to the right... that's all it takes - whether you're a business woman or not... it's really quite simple.
    Missing icons, there are more pages to the right... again swipe to the left... hover over the little dots on the lower part of your display and it will show numbers, swipe those...
    Maybe some people should just learn how to use their device instead of ranting about nothing and bashing it on here... home of the BlackBerry community. Anybody in future that wants to trade their BB10 device for an iPhone or something else... PLEASE!! keep it to yourself, we no longer care... nor that we ever cared to begin with... LOVE MY BlackBerry Z10! It's about time that these iPhone users go back to their tried and true worn out device and leave the future of mobile computing to people that actually care and understand what a quality product is... Good bye and don't let my rant dishearten you, it wasn't a personal attack, I am just getting tired of all these "pissed at no apps so I'm returning my Z10 and getting an iPhone threads"... *sigh*
    02-15-13 06:38 PM
    hmm...4 posts. i'm guessing this person is a troll and never owned a Z10.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    02-15-13 06:42 PM
    02-15-13 06:42 PM
    Sounds like you like the iOS UI and can't adjust to the BB10 UI, nothing wrong with that, though it in no way means the BB10 way of doing things is bad, it is just not for you. Such is life, enjoy your iphone and we will enjoy our BB10 devices. Apps will come, it's only the first week, and your other issues are UI issues with functions that are available just not in a way you find them easy to access.

JR
    jimpilot likes this.
    02-15-13 06:44 PM
    yes I know there is password locking and power off - in the settings. there are no icons, which were on the torch. One touch, not multiple swipes to achieve the same result
    Look again. You can also hold the lock button for one second to get the password lock option. Did you even own the phone?

trynacu2, recompile and cjcampbell like this.
    02-15-13 06:47 PM
    wait dont return that Z10! sell it to an american in need
    For real! I'll take it off your hands. :-)
    02-15-13 06:57 PM
    yes, own the phone, for one day .....my gripes are small things, I concede, but I am at a loss as to how this device is better than the Torch, apart from the keyboard. And why isnt the chat feature on the Facebook app. I want to see who is online - I have to go to another app to do that
    02-15-13 07:06 PM
    This is going to be a rant about the Z10 and why, next week, it will be returned and I will be replacing it with an I phone 5. I hope somebody will read this and speak to the head honcho at Blackberry. I have a vested interested in seeing Blackberry succeed....Rant over, suffice to say I am unable to support Blackberry any longer and will be going over to the dark side. I already have Mac computer, I pad mini, and I pod. May as well go the whole hog.
    "A concern troll is a false flag pseudonym created by a user whose actual point of view is opposed to the one that the user claims to hold. The concern troll posts in Web forums devoted to its declared point of view and attempts to sway the group's actions or opinions while claiming to share their goals, but with professed "concerns". The goal is to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt within the group...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_...#Concern_troll

Enough said, eh?
    trynacu2 likes this.
    02-15-13 07:07 PM