04-01-14 12:56 PM
106 ... 345
tools
    Not sure what you're getting at, but that is good sarcasm alright.

1 I can agree if it would be unproductive to ask "what's this asterix and hashes mean" to anybody over the phone. However it does not mean that because every other phone has it therefore BlackBerry must have it.

2. You admitted yourself that you wrote the post in frustration and now you're justifying that you have "legitimate" concerns therefore you can gripe. I don't challenge that. However, what I have challenged is that you claimed that your post was "supposedly" constructive criticism. I beg to differ.

All I see was a rant, and a generalized remark. Had nobody rebuked on that you wouldn't even bothered to follow up and even attempt to offer an explanation or an alternative or a way to address it, which on that first post alone you did not. Therefore it does not qualify as a constructive criticism, even if the constructive part waaaaaaaay back after the post (only in self defense of your own rhetoric that BBRY must have emojis now that others have).

3. I have not said that BBRY must ignore EMOJIs altogether, or turn a blind eye to this "issue". All I have been attacking is your first point and it is of my personal opinion that even if this is an issue, BBRY should not devote resources to this issue just yet, until they have got other issues that are plaguing the user experience and functionality of their BlackBerry 10 phones rectified first (emojis may or may not be a part of that, but it is of my stand that BBRY should not prioritize emoji support just yet a a native UE baked-in) Is ignoring and placing emoji support on to a back burner two different things? yes. It is interlinked. Has that made me a BlackBerry "i'm a loyalist i'm a denier" mode? certainly no.
    The problem is you have taken my initial post and have stretched it far beyond what I intended to do with it. All it was was a drop in comment expressing my frustration for a lack of a feature that I and many feel should be present. If I intended on it being a debatable comment then I would have taken the time like I am now to defend my position. People are allowed to make comments in the forums you know. But clearly there is a problem so I have taken the time to clarify. It also happened to be constructive since although I didn't say it, it was obvious on how to fix the problem I spoke of. Support the bloody emojis. It's the topic of the thread for heavens sake. Although it was said out of frustration it was said with the intention of helping BlackBerry, something constructive criticism should aim to do (help the person/company to do better).
    Although it should usually be put in a friendlier manner, BlackBerry is not a person, it is a corporation. Therefore I did not feel the need to give my piece or criticism in a lighter tone.

The everyone has it therefore BlackBerry should argument is actually a good argument in this case. It's different from arguing for things like a fingerprint scanner per say because it's not like you're going to send someone your fingerprint. The emoji is actually something that people use to communicate with. Not all, but a nice number. You make it sound like other brands just got this feature. Emoji's have been around for a while and are quite universal. That is why I feel like it should be part of bb10.

Honestly I feel like we are going around in circles. Are you satisfied or are you still going to nit pick at my original post, or rant as you call it? I think it was a little too short to be called that!

Posted via CB10 on my awesome new Z30!
    03-06-14 09:26 PM
    I really don't think asking emojis is asking for a lot. It's like what, eight hours if development time?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 10:34 PM
    I really don't think asking emojis is asking for a lot. It's like what, eight hours if development time?

Posted via CB10
    In before 8 hours to code, years to release. Another rant.

/sarcasm

The problem is you have taken my initial post and have stretched it far beyond what I intended to do with it. All it was was a drop in comment expressing my frustration for a lack of a feature that I and many feel should be present. If I intended on it being a debatable comment then I would have taken the time like I am now to defend my position. People are allowed to make comments in the forums you know. But clearly there is a problem so I have taken the time to clarify. It also happened to be constructive since although I didn't say it, it was obvious on how to fix the problem I spoke of. Support the bloody emojis. It's the topic of the thread for heavens sake. Although it was said out of frustration it was said with the intention of helping BlackBerry, something constructive criticism should aim to do (help the person/company to do better).
    Although it should usually be put in a friendlier manner, BlackBerry is not a person, it is a corporation. Therefore I did not feel the need to give my piece or criticism in a lighter tone.

The everyone has it therefore BlackBerry should argument is actually a good argument in this case. It's different from arguing for things like a fingerprint scanner per say because it's not like you're going to send someone your fingerprint. The emoji is actually something that people use to communicate with. Not all, but a nice number. You make it sound like other brands just got this feature. Emoji's have been around for a while and are quite universal. That is why I feel like it should be part of bb10.

Honestly I feel like we are going around in circles. Are you satisfied or are you still going to nit pick at my original post, or rant as you call it? I think it was a little too short to be called that!

I don't feel like I'm going in circles, as much as you think we are. I am here just to rebute your statement that BB10 needs to get emojis done right here right now. You're adamant to say that you're being constructive. I'm adamant to feel that you were not, not in your first post at all, until you had to reply to defend yourself, and that was only when you claimed in your later post that you were being civil and constructive, when clearly there was none. Now you're claiming that you're posting for the hopes and intents of the good of the company (sugar coating much?) but I personally don't buy it.

I personally do not think that since everybody has it therefore BlackBerry must have it right here right now justifies the need of BlackBerry to have the same feature immediately. If they're going to work on it, good. If it comes next release, probably even better. But if they "fix" emojis now and don't fix other small time issues that can snowball into bigger issues, I think their priority is wrong.

On an alternate universe, BlackBerry will fix everything in a second, therefore BlackBerry makes no mistakes as it fixes everything under 1 second before you can even complain about it in forums.
    03-06-14 10:44 PM
    In before 8 hours to code, years to release. Another rant.

/sarcasm

I don't feel like I'm going in circles, as much as you think we are. I am here just to rebute your statement that BB10 needs to get emojis done right here right now. You're adamant to say that you're being constructive. I'm adamant to feel that you were not, not in your first post at all, until you had to reply to defend yourself, and that was only when you claimed in your later post that you were being civil and constructive, when clearly there was none. Now you're claiming that you're posting for the hopes and intents of the good of the company (sugar coating much?) but I personally don't buy it.

I personally do not think that since everybody has it therefore BlackBerry must have it right here right now justifies the need of BlackBerry to have the same feature immediately. If they're going to work on it, good. If it comes next release, probably even better. But if they "fix" emojis now and don't fix other small time issues that can snowball into bigger issues, I think their priority is wrong.

On an alternate universe, BlackBerry will fix everything in a second, therefore BlackBerry makes no mistakes as it fixes everything under 1 second before you can even complain about it in forums.
    If you refuse to believe that I was being constructive then there's not much I can say to prove it to you, nor do I really care to. You just initially replied to my post in a ridiculous manner and I felt the need to defend myself. As long as I know what I meant by my post that's all that matters, you think what you like. Nobody is sugar coating anything. Once again, believe whatever you want, I could care less at this point.

What issues are there currently that are going to "snowball" into bigger issues? If there is something that bad with the OS that they need to focus all their energies into correcting it then there must be something fundamentally wrong with the os, which I doubt since it runs very smooth and stable for me. Lol I love how you take everything out of context. Nobody is saying BlackBerry has to fix problems within seconds, however it should be something on their radar as they do loose customers to small things like emoji support, whether you want to admit it or not.

I believe this was my first complaint in the forums regarding a bb10 feature that is lacking, but thank you for exaggerating.

03-10-14 05:00 PM
    Searching through the forums for this thread, so I'm reviving it.

BlackBerry is in no position to force users to use emojis that show up in text form on other devices. For instance, *tear. Ridiculous. They need to adapt. Attract other users. Emoji support would be a great feature. If BlackBerry is all about communication, allow us to fully communicate with other OS users.

Posted via CB10
    matt0135 likes this.
    03-24-14 11:50 AM
    LOL. I'm just gonna drop this off here. Happy April 1st.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 12:56 PM
106 ... 345