I think I'm just an old school user as I still use ascii based emoticons o.0

Us users from the early 90s don't need emojis, lmao <-- see

UTF8 should be fully supported along with all standard language input and display. If Emojis is a patented thing then I would understand Berries lack of enthusiasm to add to the OS but if it's totally free and no issue, I can't see why it doesn?t get added with a patch or incremental upgrade.

Where did they state it would be added in to the OS?

Z10 until Z30
    03-03-14 12:58 AM
    It will get added eventually it's just not their priority right now.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-03-14 01:00 AM
    LMAO

I ******* hate it when people jump hoops to excuse BlackBerry's flaws, which could be easily fixed. This is the kind of mentality that's going to sink this company. "I don't use Emojis so why should I have them?" = denial.
    I also hate it when people try to take every little shortcoming to mean that BlackBerry is gonna die because of that. Emoji today, active wallpaper tomorrow, yesterday it was stylish font, I saw another post that said they would leave unless BlackBerry has better ring tone...

They are working on 10.3 and new phones but that's definitely not enough

Posted via CB10
    drmike and RTK90 like this.
    03-03-14 01:54 AM
    I also hate it when people try to take every little shortcoming to mean that BlackBerry is gonna die because of that. Emoji today, active wallpaper tomorrow, yesterday it was stylish font, I saw another post that said they would leave unless BlackBerry has better ring tone...

They are working on 10.3 and new phones but that's definitely not enough

Posted via CB10
    It's one of many contributing factors. I don't think people are asking to much at all when they mention emojis and stuff the competition has had for months. I love my Z10 to death and will defend it for days but I'm also not blind to the fact that we are essentially playing catch up in a lot of aspects.

You know something else that drives me absolutely mad? The uppity, self-absorbed "BlackBerrys are tools, not toys" some folks here have got going on
    03-03-14 02:23 AM
    It's one of many contributing factors. I don't think people are asking to much at all when they mention emojis and stuff the competition has had for months. I love my Z10 to death and will defend it for days but I'm also not blind to the fact that we are essentially playing catch up in a lot of aspects.

You know something else that drives me absolutely mad? The uppity, self-absorbed "BlackBerrys are tools, not toys" some folks here have got going on
    http://media.giphy.com/media/4rHZIQc7jK3JK/giphy.gif
    I think it's fine to ask, buy I don't see it as a priority and I hope neither does blackberry. There are honestly better things I'd prefer they play catch up on other things...

Oh and Btw idk about you but my z10 currently isn't playing any catch up

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:56 AM
    Blackberry fans should be the most sought after employees in field like engineering, becuase they can find a workaround for anything.
    YEAHH

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    03-03-14 03:08 AM
    Aside from the odd smiley face or a wink, I don't see a professional use for emojis at all. They are cartoon faces for kids I'd you ask me.

My 13 year old can have conversations using just emojis with his other 13 year old friends but outside that group, I can't see a need. All I can say is my professional opinion of someone would go down drastically if they started sending me these cartoon faces in emails or BBM's.

And for the last couple of years people have been coming up with so many reasons why this company will be dead and it's still around. There were many professional opinions that BlackBerry was going to be gone by now. I hardly doubt that the main topic of the eulogy for BlackBerry will be "they came late to the table with emojis"

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and neoberry99 like this.
    03-03-14 06:54 AM
    I get embarrassed when I use gtalk. No emoji, no call option.. my friends tells me to change the cell all the time. And I remain silent as I believe one day they will do something for this emojis. Expectations all in the water. :-D

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:29 AM
    I get embarrassed when I use gtalk. No emoji, no call option.. my friends tells me to change the cell all the time. And I remain silent as I believe one day they will do something for this emojis. Expectations all in the water. :-D

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried gtalk apk with 10.2.1? Or does it need Google play services ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-03-14 10:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Tell your friends you aren't changing cells to satisfy their needs. Seriously kids these days... are your personalities so entrenched in what phone you use?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:52 AM
    Emoji and Emoticons are different solutions to the same problem - to help understand the context of a message.

Emoticons used ASCII characters to create a visual representation of an emotion. Made by users for users and is pretty much universal where everyone knows is a happy face.

Emoji used a combination of characters to create a single picture representation of an emotion. Made by a Japanese telco to offer as an exclusive service for messaging.

It'd be nice that BlackBerry would have considered adding support for Emoji unicode from the beginning, but obviously it wasn't a priority. It'd be a welcome addition whenever they decide to implement it, but there are bigger things to fry with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 11:09 AM
    Forget emojis. Facebook stickers need to be implemented in the hub. Facebook messenger is pointless apart from the fact u can send stickers

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 11:10 AM
    Emoji and Emoticons are different solutions to the same problem - to help understand the context of a message.

Emoticons used ASCII characters to create a visual representation of an emotion. Made by users for users and is pretty much universal where everyone knows is a happy face.

Emoji used a combination of characters to create a single picture representation of an emotion. Made by a Japanese telco to offer as an exclusive service for messaging.

It'd be nice that BlackBerry would have considered adding support for Emoji unicode from the beginning, but obviously it wasn't a priority. It'd be a welcome addition whenever they decide to implement it, but there are bigger things to fry with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY! If they do that's fine, I don't use them anyways. And if they don't, that's fine to....

Simply because it's not something that really appeals to they audience they are reaching out to. Idk what is so hard to understand that.

Let me paint you a scenario... the CEO of walgreens calls his assistant into his office he screams "get me a new phone!! I can't properly set up a conference with our advertising firm on this price of junk!" he then throws his q10 at his assistant who has a puzzled look on her face. He then continues "get me an iPhone, I have to have those emoji things to truly convey my emotional attachment to this meeting we so desperately need. Without Emojis walgreens will die!"

This seems outlandish, doesn't it? Well it's basically what you're saying.

These "issues" of Emojis or even which way you slide the answer button to answer/ignore a call are getting out of hand. That is all, have a nice day.

:/

:P
    8/
    8D
    :B
    :b

You get the idea.... these work too, just for the record

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:04 PM
    Give me a few minutes, I'll have to dig through a couple feet of snow to find a rock.
    Get one for me while you're down there.

I had to look it up too.
    03-03-14 12:21 PM
    Whether or not any of us use it doesn't really matter much. The point is that adding a font is not exactly a technical project. If they don't want to bother putting in input support, fine. We should at least be able to read them though. There's simply no excuse for not having them. Like them or not, they are a common component of modern communication and BlackBerry is supposed to be the ultimate communications device. Take that away and BlackBerry is literally nothing. Communications is THE thing that they do best, and they're seriously dropping the ball on such a small issue
    03-03-14 12:28 PM
    It's not about personality entrenchment. Its about limitations.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:32 PM
    Google play services changed gtalk into hangouts man..years before itself..with full of new and new features.. they are far ahead of us. And the sad part is, this hangouts is not supported by any BlackBerrys..even from snap or 1mobile market.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:41 PM
    What's emoji?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:43 PM
    EXACTLY! If they do that's fine, I don't use them anyways. And if they don't, that's fine to....

Simply because it's not something that really appeals to they audience they are reaching out to. Idk what is so hard to understand that.

Let me paint you a scenario... the CEO of walgreens calls his assistant into his office he screams "get me a new phone!! I can't properly set up a conference with our advertising firm on this price of junk!" he then throws his q10 at his assistant who has a puzzled look on her face. He then continues "get me an iPhone, I have to have those emoji things to truly convey my emotional attachment to this meeting we so desperately need. Without Emojis walgreens will die!"

This seems outlandish, doesn't it? Well it's basically what you're saying.

These "issues" of Emojis or even which way you slide the answer button to answer/ignore a call are getting out of hand. That is all, have a nice day.

:/

:P
    8/
    8D
    :B
    :b

You get the idea.... these work too, just for the record

Posted via CB10
    Can we stop this nonsense of thinking everyone who owns a BlackBerry is a business tycoon? Thank you.

Also, "it's not something that really appeals to they audience they are reaching out to" is REALLY ironic considering they basically built the Z10/Z30 to expand its horizon. Get it together.
    03-03-14 12:59 PM
    Can we stop this nonsense of thinking everyone who owns a BlackBerry is a business tycoon? Thank you.

Also, "it's not something that really appeals to they audience they are reaching out to" is REALLY ironic considering they basically built the Z10/Z30 to expand its horizon. Get it together.
    It's not the market they want..... Chen said it himself, going back to what made them successful. maybe I'm not the one who needs to get it together?

That's ok though, if you just wish hard enough everything will turn out they dilusional way you've imagined.

And no, thank YOU... I needed a laugh today

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:09 PM

And you obviously missed my point, but that's ok

Posted via CB10
    boeingrules likes this.
    03-03-14 01:11 PM
    Chen is new to the company. When the Z10 originally came out that's obviously what they were going for and it's why the Q10 was the second device to be released.

Not only that, but just because it's not the market they want now doesn't mean that the ones who jumped ship back when it was released have to be ignored. It's not black & white.

If anyone here is delusional it's you.
    03-03-14 01:24 PM
    Chen is new to the company. When the Z10 originally came out that's obviously what they were going for and it's why the Q10 was the second device to be released.

Not only that, but just because it's not the market they want now doesn't mean that the ones who jumped ship back when it was released have to be ignored. It's not black & white.

If anyone here is delusional it's you.
    You're taking yourself in circles. Chen is the CEO NOW that's means if he decided to take BlackBerry in a certain direction, it IS the current direction of the company and thus, not the intended audience. When the z10 was released is irrelevant to the conversation and in fact possibly more of detriment to your argument (as I said earlier the goal is to get back to their roots).

Anyways all any of us are saying is that bringing Emojis to the BlackBerry platform is basically a waste of effort at the time as the current target isn't individuals that really desire that function. There are better use of resources as it simply doesn't create a real pull or influx of new users. You can jump up and down, and scream that my satire (used aprox 3 of my posts earlier) is irrelevant, and that all of BlackBerry's users aren't business tycoons. But that just says to me you missed the point. BlackBerry wants business people, it doesn't mean they don't want other people using their product, but that is the target at this point in time. It's a verifiable fact and not open to interpretation.

I'm a 23 year old kid. I own 2 businesses and am in the process of starting a 3rd (golf instructional academy, the one I'm just getting off the ground is a branch off that and is a professional golf tour, and a detailing shop), so I have my feet in both camps. I can tell you from a professional standpoint Emojis are irrelevant. I can also tell you on a personal level Emojis are irrelevant. Haha it's a gimmick that's all, no one has ever pointed, laughed, or called my inferior because I can't read or send an emoji friend, or professional associate. So at the very minimum it's not a good use of time right now.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:13 PM
    You're taking yourself in circles. Chen is the CEO NOW that's means if he decided to take BlackBerry in a certain direction, it IS the current direction of the company and thus, not the intended audience. When the z10 was released is irrelevant to the conversation and in fact possibly more of detriment to your argument (as I said earlier the goal is to get back to their roots).

Anyways all any of us are saying is that bringing Emojis to the BlackBerry platform is basically a waste of effort at the time as the current target isn't individuals that really desire that function. There are better use of resources as it simply doesn't create a real pull or influx of new users. You can jump up and down, and scream that my satire (used aprox 3 of my posts earlier) is irrelevant, and that all of BlackBerry's users aren't business tycoons. But that just says to me you missed the point. BlackBerry wants business people, it doesn't mean they don't want other people using their product, but that is the target at this point in time. It's a verifiable fact and not open to interpretation.

I'm a 23 year old kid. I own 2 businesses and am in the process of starting a 3rd (golf instructional academy, the one I'm just getting off the ground is a branch off that and is a professional golf tour, and a detailing shop), so I have my feet in both camps. I can tell you from a professional standpoint Emojis are irrelevant. I can also tell you on a personal level Emojis are irrelevant. Haha it's a gimmick that's all, no one has ever pointed, laughed, or called my inferior because I can't read or send an emoji friend, or professional associate. So at the very minimum it's not a good use of time right now.

Posted via CB10
    Are you daft? Let me break it down for you:

The Z10 was released in the beginning of last year to capture a wider market. We didn't have the apps, we didn't have some of these most basic features and it ultimately bombed. Emojis existed and were used by competitors throughout this period.

My point is, everybody is aware that plans have changed but I'm curious to hear what your excuse is as to why it wasn't implemented while Thorsten was in charge or why instead of going for the gold and using the ones everybody else uses they wasted these precious resources making those horrid BBM emoticons which are only used within the BlackBerry environment.

Frankly, I don't care how many companies you have and I'm definitely not here for your self-centered view on personal level use of these emojis. I use them, my entire circle of friends and family uses them and millions more which you would notice if you left your bubble for a while. As far as professional use, it's pretty mind boggling how you can speak for everyone 🙊
    03-03-14 02:55 PM
    I would use emojis. I too have friends that use them, I don't think that I should get an android or ios in order to use them ( not that anybody said that)

But as blackberry are providing phones through carriers ( as in, nyone can buy one, not just business minded people) , one would think they want to do well in the market. That means keeping up with the competition as well as maintaining their high standard of messaging capability and security.

There is very little marketing here in the UK with bb. But with the marketing that there is, there is nothing to suggest in the marketing, that blackberry are targeting a specific audience. It's open to everyone. Everyone should be able to enjoy the blackberry experience for what it has been from day one, but also keep up so that we may all take full advantage of what is available, and enjoy it with our friends.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 03:46 PM
106 12345