It was promised with 10.2. One maintenance release later and we have no idea when to expect emoji to be readable on BlackBerry devices. This is the single biggest pain point for me as I have many friends with iPhones and can't understand what they are getting at when they try to send me emoji and all I see is a question mark. This means I have to remind them everytime that BlackBerry doesn't support emojis yet and ask that they please translate the meaning of the question marks. This is embarrassing for.both myself and BlackBerry and it's so annoying because it actually dramatically hinders my ability to communicate with some people. Does anyone know what happened to planned emoji support? Is that even still on the roadmap? Speaking of road maps, where is the next developer one I have been waiting on for almost 3 months? Chen talks a lot about transparency but things seem much more secret now. That sucks.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:54 AM
    I'm with you...I was talking to a friend of mine who has an android and was thinking of getting the Z30 but she asked about emoji support, and well I had to tell her no, not yet.
    I would love to see this come soon myself.
    03-01-14 08:05 AM
    Cross platform emoji support would be perfect. Or at least bring all the new bbm ones to SMS and email.

sent from my nexus 7........... while on the can
    03-01-14 08:08 AM
    But we can...just use the Autotext to create a word that put emojis in.
    Push the space bar and youve got Emojis
    Example:
    #snowman - ☃
    #this - ☞
    etc.
    03-01-14 08:12 AM
    100% agreeing. My friends tell me that it's annoying to not be able to send me emojis.
    03-01-14 08:20 AM
    But we can...just use the Autotext to create a word that put emojis in.
    Push the space bar and youve got Emojis
    Example:
    #snowman - ☃
    #this - ☞
    etc.
    But you can't read the ones sent to you

Posted via CB10
    green_ember likes this.
    03-01-14 08:32 AM
    But you can't read the ones sent to you

Posted via CB10
    I can- from iPhone to my Q10, the same from Q10 to iPhone.
    With Samsung there are sometimes problems but within BBM there are no problems.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    03-01-14 08:50 AM
    Emojis aren't really a professional method of expressing a concept or aspect of a conversation. BlackBerry is geared and becoming more entrenched in its business mentality so I hardly think that it's a must for the brand.

Posted via CB10
    drmike likes this.
    03-01-14 09:50 AM
    Emojis aren't really a professional method of expressing a concept or aspect of a conversation. BlackBerry is geared and becoming more entrenched in its business mentality so I hardly think that it's a must for the brand.

Posted via CB10
    It's all about providing options for the customer.

Posted on my Z30.......while on the can
    03-01-14 10:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    It absolutely is a must. Just because it's not professional etiquette doesn't mean no one does it. Cursing is considered not very professional but the number of people in executive positions that I have received messages from with curse words in them is huge. That and BlackBerry put a huge marketing push behind the idea that bb10 phones could be used for both home and work (BlackBerry Balance) . Well, I can't use it to communicate with people in my personal life who use emoji.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:31 AM
    +1

The one and only Iphone wallpaper channel C001F26A0 no hate please I personally own a Q10 and 9900 :-)
    03-01-14 10:32 AM
    I can- from iPhone to my Q10, the same from Q10 to iPhone.
    With Samsung there are sometimes problems but within BBM there are no problems.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    If they are using BBM you aren't getting ascii emojis thru sms messaging, you are seeing BBM emoticons.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry is able to view all iPhone Emojis. Check this website:

http://www.grumdrig.com/emoji-list/

I'm running the latest BlackBerry 10.2.1 on my Z30 and can see them all. I usually use this list to copy and paste them into iGrann and every other app I use like twitter and others can see them l. It's only in texting where we're screwed when. It comes to emojis so they need to make them view able and send able on texts.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:06 AM
    Good reason to invite your friend to try out bbm?
    03-01-14 11:33 AM
    And the only place I ever get emojis is in sms lol

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 05:46 PM
    Good reason to invite your friend to try out bbm?
    This is a terrible solution."yeah, Um so if you want to talk to me you have to download this special app" as if that doesn't increase the BlackBerry associate embarrassment in this situation

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino, green_ember and ffaguy like this.
    03-01-14 05:47 PM
    This is a terrible solution."yeah, Um so if you want to talk to me you have to download this special app" as if that doesn't increase the BlackBerry associate embarrassment in this situation

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? Embarrassment?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 01:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    lol.bb should be embarrassed they dont have monkey faces in sms
    03-02-14 01:27 AM
    Is it only special emojis? Cause I can see all of what my friends send me, but they only send the basic ones.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 01:34 AM
    we should have an option as well to change keyboards and open up all the emojis, that'd be great!

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z30.
    03-02-14 10:51 AM
    I can see all the emojis my friends sends me. What kind of emojis are you guys talking about?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:46 AM
    I can see few. Y mostly get a diamond with a question mark inside. And the ones that work are in black and white.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    neoberry99 likes this.
    03-02-14 11:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Outside the CB forums, BlackBerry isn't looked at in high status in the mobile world anymore.
    The fact that there is yet another thing that BlackBerry doesn't have that an iPhone does, sums it all up.
    Last edited by Djlatino; 03-02-14 at 03:24 PM.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    03-02-14 03:13 PM
    Outside the CB forums, BlackBerry isn't looked at in high status in the mobile world anymore.
    The fact that there is yet another thing that BlackBerry doesn't have that an iPhone does, sums it all up.
    It's still a bit over the top to say it adds to Blackberries embarrasment just because they don't have Emojis. Bbm isn't embarrassing, and the person who suggested it did it in the context that it would be a good advertisement for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 03:39 PM
    It's still a bit over the top to say it adds to Blackberries embarrasment just because they don't have Emojis. Bbm isn't embarrassing, and the person who suggested it did it in the context that it would be a good advertisement for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Suggesting bbm because BlackBerry doesn't have something is.
    03-02-14 03:42 PM
106 123 ...