You call him a fanboy? A true fan would get his or her facts right. Anyways listen to everyone else and try again. It only works if they're connected to wifi and if they have the app open. It's not fully integrated into the other OS's like it is in BB10. They don't receive messages or calls unless the app is open.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:00 PM
    No need for battery pulls in Z10. I have never done it. Not even once.

Have you stopped to think it might be your phone with the issue!!!!???. Hard reset the damn thing by holding down both volume keys or if your on a z10 pull the damn battery.

My Z30 just keeps me moving.....
    03-02-14 08:09 PM
    So I try to call a friend who has a Note 3 on BBM and surprisingly the call button had disappeared so I tell him most probably his Android's BBM had an issue.
    Minutes later he contacts me to tell me he just had a call from another friend who has an iPhone 5 over BBM. Later both were making fun of me saying my BlackBerry Z10 couldn't even work properly with BBM so I better get an Android or iPhone as their Androids and iPhones BBM worked just fine. Mind you I was in the process of convincing both of them changing to BlackBerry and I stood there looking like the century fool!

BBM is getting 1 star review all over BB World and BlackBerry has yet to fix it. This company is making a fool out of itself and those who support it I now don't even mention BB with other people and will never recommend it although I will continue to use it. My Z10 can't call nobody over BBM while my Android and iPhone friends can.

Go figure!
    Ummmmm...who's your carrier? Where were you, when you attempted to make a BBM call? Were you using carrier only, or connected to wifi? From what you wrote here, sounds like your carrier doesn't support you using BBM voice over network. I which case, you pay the additional $10 for more data. Problem solved.
    wincyUt and LuisCast like this.
    03-02-14 08:11 PM
    Hi Omni,

I don't think thats a limitation. Viber works perfectly on ios-android calls and vice-versa even without the app being opened. I think BBM still has reliability issues which needs to be fixedASAP.

Call the wahhhmbulance, please. Someone has "fanboy epithet disease".

I see no evidence of these "so many users", I use BBM daily.

I assume you are referring to BBM voice calls, right? You realize they have to have the app open already on their side, on those OS's, right? Because that's a limitation of Android and iOS? And it's not a matter of the button "disappearing", it just is not the active green color. That's because the person on the other end needs to open the app first.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-ios...device-908914/
    03-02-14 08:13 PM
    Ummmmm...who's your carrier? Where were you, when you attempted to make a BBM call? Were you using carrier only, or connected to wifi? From what you wrote here, sounds like your carrier doesn't support you using BBM voice over network. I which case, you pay the additional $10 for more data. Problem solved.
    He's not here for help he's here to rant.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-02-14 08:54 PM
    Lol the OP just seems to be struggling with inferiority complex. ... it's more about being teased for using a z10 rather than being able to use the damn thing

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:05 PM
    Lol u are emotional stop crying lmao!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-02-14 09:10 PM
    " a century fool " that's rich. you need new friends because that would make them " from the beginning of time fools "
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-02-14 09:10 PM
    Hi Omni,

I don't think thats a limitation. Viber works perfectly on ios-android calls and vice-versa even without the app being opened. I think BBM still has reliability issues which needs to be fixedASAP.

I was basing that on the general consensus in the other thread I linked, where people discussed other messaging apps that had the same issue.

It's hard to get good data on this stuff, most people are not exactly engaging the scientific method of observation....
    03-02-14 09:11 PM
    Lol the OP just seems to be struggling with inferiority complex. ... it's more about being teased for using a z10 rather than being able to use the damn thing

Posted via CB10
    Lol great joke hehe
    03-02-14 09:49 PM
    - Lovely reply
    03-02-14 10:38 PM
    No need for battery pulls in Z10. I have never done it. Not even once.
    Just cause you never done it doesnt mean it shouldnt be done. There are times where my phone would be acting up and I had to do a battery pull to fix it.

OP, are you sure its not just your part thats preventing BBM calls to work? Try calling someone else and see
    03-02-14 10:44 PM
    I have the opposite problem. Putting my Q10 into the holster while BBM is open often leads to "****" dials with BBM Voice.

My hip will greet me with a "hello" every so often. Just better watch what I'm talking about when I put the phone in the holster, especially if it's the ex BBMing me...
    03-02-14 11:08 PM
    My mother picks her 9810 up by the corner of the screen and voice calls me unintentionally at least twice a day. From my experience, the damned thing works way too well.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:10 PM
    My mother picks her 9810 up by the corner of the screen and voice calls me unintentionally at least twice a day. From my experience, the damned thing works way too well.

Posted via CB10
    Same thing here with my mother in law, she has a sg3 and the damn call button is always green.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:29 PM
    Dude, BlackBerry is on the roll making a crazy amount of change in the company, entirely. Yes including BBM
    I think a lot of us noticed that BBM isn't functioning 100% but whatever, they're busy making things work out and granting us out wishes.

From my White Z30
    It is people such as yourself constantly making excuses for BlackBerry, the company, deficiencies and shortcomings with their products and services which have lead the company from industry pioneer status to bungling comedy of errors. Albeit a tragic comedy of Shakespearean quality.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-02-14 11:44 PM
    How dare you bring facts and logic into the discussion !!!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    This is the CrackBerry Nation where facts and logic are about as welcome as Toronto Mayor Rob Ford demonstrated repeatedly last year.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-02-14 11:55 PM
    I was basing that on the general consensus in the other thread I linked, where people discussed other messaging apps that had the same issue.

It's hard to get good data on this stuff, most people are not exactly engaging the scientific method of observation....
    I think the point is the APIs exist on iOS and Android to take incoming calls without the app running first.

These aren't very new APIs either. BB can and should fix these issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    03-03-14 12:06 AM
    I think the point is the APIs exist on iOS and Android to take incoming calls without the app running first.

These aren't very new APIs either. BB can and should fix these issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Hmm I remember getting a call on Skype while I was in a movie theater.... and silenced... guess what happened.. the Skype bypassed it and rang pretty loud....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-03-14 12:44 AM
    I think in case of BBM, BlackBerry is too ove confident to fix any issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:50 AM
    Just have a look at the reviews BBM is getting in BB World I don't think I'm the only one not being able to make calls but a much larger number of people.
    Much larger yes...but not the silent majority!

ZZwiped up on my Z10!
    03-03-14 12:57 AM
    I think in case of BBM, BlackBerry is too ove confident to fix any issues.

Posted via CB10
    Are you kidding... they are finally bringing that cap up and are doing many things based on customer feedback lately.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    03-03-14 12:59 AM
    Just cause you never done it doesnt mean it shouldnt be done. There are times where my phone would be acting up and I had to do a battery pull to fix it.

Has nothing to do with "no experience". Has everything to do with "bad idea".

Would like to see how you accomplish that with all the newer BB10 models where the battery isn't removable anyway. BlackBerry must have really screwed that one up, preventing you from pulling the battery now, eh?

You can always do a cold restart on a BB10 device by using either the power button or volume buttons. The difference is, you don't run the risk of corrupting data by removing power in the middle of filesystem write operations the way a battery pull does.
    03-03-14 04:38 AM
    I'm going with operator error on this one.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-03-14 06:16 AM
    Sorry fanboy but I can't keep a blind eye to something like not being able to make calls in BBM with my BlackBerry when those with Androids and iPhones can. If I'm not wrong BBM is one of the most important things BlackBerry has got left and when you have so many users not being able to make calls with BBM and BlackBerry not fixing it I don't call ******** but as I see fanboys like you don't care. I do!
    Any sentence that starts "Sorry fanboy....." immediately becomes moot to me.
    bungaboy and Omnitech like this.
    03-03-14 06:19 AM
60 123