04-09-14 01:29 PM
385 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Just one?
    HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Huawei

Those brands were used by myself or my friends.

Google updates phones for 18 month which is quite bad in comparison with 4 years of updates from Apple .
    All of those provide updates 2 years or more. Dunno where you're getting your data from.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    03-21-14 12:47 PM
    Kinda like when I get REALLY mad!?!?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Ooooh no ..... that makes China Syndrome look like a hangnail.
    03-21-14 01:19 PM
    I hope I am allowed to not like Android without being told its unhealthy....I love BlackBerry--yes love, which means I would like it more than any other OS....I dont like Android after using it---and I understand it perfectly...I think as an informed user I am still allowed to state my dislike....thats without anyone thinking I am not informed...lol...funny comments in this thread
    03-21-14 01:31 PM
    Theoretical uncontrolled nuclear reaction leading to extreme overheating causing an absolute meltdown of everything through the ground eventually settling at the core of the earth. If gravity were not in the way, the theory goes that it would melt it's way all the way through to China.
    Or, in the case of the US, off the coast of Australia. Would work in Buenos Aires though
    03-21-14 01:34 PM
    why do everybody in here hates Android so much?
    I think nobody hates Android. People hate the people who made it their personal mission to flood the crackberry forums with Android-does-the-things-you-love-about-your-BlackBerry-better postings.
    03-21-14 02:14 PM
    I don't hate it, it's probably a great OS. I just don't like it, but that's just my opinon. And a feeling I have is that it's used by a lot of people who cares a lot more about hardware specs than actual important features of a communication device. And the second ignorant category (like my dad) that just have it cause a salesman told them this is the device for you.
    "Communication," as a concept, differs from person to person. For some, being able to communicate with the most people is the definition of communication.
    03-21-14 02:31 PM
    And to others, a device with good reception. But I get it, it was a personal opinion as most is in this threads
    That's fair. It is all opinion.
    03-21-14 03:08 PM
    If Android or iOS had Hub or anything close to it, BB would then be in real trouble...
    Google just wants everyone to use Gmail this is why their stock email app sucks terribly and so does almost every other 3rd party email app you can get on google play store, with exception of TouchDown, it excels at replicating BB email client, but sadly it has major limitations for normal users)
    Apple just wants to keep things as simple as possible, dummy down and make them easily usable, so that's why they don't want to complicate further.

So the moment either one of these platforms gets a Hub or something close to it, and with e-mail functionality that does not look like it's from 1998 (even BB had a better email client in 1998 compared to what those platforms have now) then hate (if any) will disappear completely, along with blackberry...
    03-21-14 04:25 PM
    If Android or iOS had Hub or anything close to it, BB would then be in real trouble...
    Google just wants everyone to use Gmail this is why their stock email app sucks terribly and so does almost every other 3rd party email app you can get on google play store, with exception of TouchDown, it excels at replicating BB email client, but sadly it has major limitations for normal users)
    Apple just wants to keep things as simple as possible, dummy down and make them easily usable, so that's why they don't want to complicate further.

So the moment either one of these platforms gets a Hub or something close to it, and with e-mail functionality that does not look like it's from 1998 (even BB had a better email client in 1998 compared to what those platforms have now) then hate (if any) will disappear completely, along with blackberry...
    How come that you think BB10 has anything going for it?

Didn't you get the memo? The Android and iOS notification centers are equal to the HUB. Sorry, they are even superior. There's nothing special about BB10!

/s
    03-21-14 05:12 PM
    All of those provide updates 2 years or more. Dunno where you're getting your data from.

All of the Android OEMs have been doing better - but Motorola has orphaned some phones - the Droid X2 and Photon are two examples of that. Both came out in 2011 and neither were updated to ICS.

HTC has orphaned phones as well - for example the HTC One X+ is only going to be updated to 4.2.2 - and it came out in late 2012.
    03-21-14 05:29 PM
    All of the Android OEMs have been doing better - but Motorola has orphaned some phones - the Droid X2 and Photon are two examples of that. Both came out in 2011 and neither were updated to ICS.

HTC has orphaned phones as well - for example the HTC One X+ is only going to be updated to 4.2.2 - and it came out in late 2012.
    Every manufacturer will have a few orphaned devices. Usually due to hardware restrictions and new OS requirements. But even then, those devices aren't entirely orphaned. They still receive updates, just not up to the newest OS version. Something every BB user is probably familiar with.

But that's neither here nor there. The point was that there was an accusation that Android OEMs intentionally drop support after only one year to force new purchases. Which is inherently false.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-21-14 05:44 PM

The "stock" email client is different on each device and is dependent on the manufacturer, and each has different capabilities. It's definitely a consideration when choosing devices for me. I'm not a fan of Sammy's or Nexus email apps, but I really like LG's and HTC's.
    03-21-14 05:55 PM

Conceded, but one feature of Android is that if one truly wants to, one can mostly extend a device for as long as the hardware supports it (and third party development exists). I still crack out the Hero now and then.
    03-21-14 05:59 PM
    That's an exaggeration. "Everybody in here" does not hate Android. In fact, there are a few Android-loyalists here who regularly trash Blackberry and get away with it. Several of these people don't even have a Blackberry.

Obviously, as it is a Blackberry-centric forum, you'd expect more people to be pro-BB.
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 03-21-14 at 06:46 PM.
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    03-21-14 06:25 PM
    Its when Jane Fonda lands a roll in a movie and..., well, nevermind.
    No, not that kind. The scary kind... (Anyone recognize that reference?)
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-21-14 06:40 PM
    How come that you think BB10 has anything going for it?

Didn't you get the memo? The Android and iOS notification centers are equal to the HUB. Sorry, they are even superior. There's nothing special about BB10!

/s
    ignoring /s in case there is still "hub" fight going on.. as if you were the "real deal"

Superior? Hah!
    I am referring to email functionality, not just being able to display random tweets or facebook updates in Blackberry.
    Strictly e-mail functionality, it is still extremely superior to any other platform out there, it is extensive, fast, smooth, full of features that makes it extremely easy and streamlined to use and it is completely integrated.

Tell me about how android has superior exchange compatibility or contacts.
    Also, once you clear your notifications they are gone, you would have to go through different apps to go back to those notifications, once you clear (mark read) in Hub they are still there.
    BB10 still has a lot going for it, and if you don't like it, maybe you just don't happen to need any of them, enjoy the Android, which is much faster, fancy looking, colorful and a lot more apps, not to mention bunch of cool hardware options that are full of interesting perks.
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    03-21-14 07:10 PM
    The "stock" email client is different on each device and is dependent on the manufacturer, and each has different capabilities. It's definitely a consideration when choosing devices for me. I'm not a fan of Sammy's or Nexus email apps, but I really like LG's and HTC's.
    I don't mind amazon's either. But Damn I hate their notifications

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:28 PM
    I don't mind amazon's either. But Damn I hate their notifications

Posted via CB10
    I haven't used Amazon's, but my mom does and she seems to navigate it just fine. I might ask to look at it when I see her in a couple weeks.
    03-21-14 07:33 PM
    http://sh.st/qIlwS check this out android secrity flaws!
    03-21-14 08:01 PM
    Hey where are the MODS here. That post by "A Midge Evans" has a bad link.
    03-21-14 08:31 PM
    No, not that kind. The scary kind... (Anyone recognize that reference?)
    Man does that bring back memories. Talk about needing rehab..........
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    03-21-14 09:15 PM
    I think there's two camps actually.

Personally, I don't hate Android. I have two Android tablets and a backup Android phone and they're fine. I used Android long before BlackBerry and there's a lot to like about the software. It's come a long way from the Froyo days, to be sure. And kudos to Google for all their work.

I think the bigger problem with Android is an issue of privacy / data mining much like Facebook. It's not so much a problem with Android as it is an issue with Google's privacy policy and how personal data is used and/or shared.

Beyond that, having used Android, and iOS, I prefer BlackBerry 10 on mobile. I think the user experience (while not complete) is better.
    03-21-14 09:44 PM
    Android is not very secure, that's why... it's like leaving the door to your house unlocked and hoping that an intruder doesn't come in.

Posted via CB10
    Android is a mess for developers... sure it's open source... but it's so easy for people to pirate these apps or even modify them to contain malware.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Um why? I used to be a big fan of android. At least until I pulled the wool off of my eyes. I began questioning it even on my first android device.

When are people going to realize it's Bs to give a wallpaper app on android access to your call logs, texts, all files and folders, ect. People just smile and say "oh ok yay accept". Then your tracked and stalked and data mined 24/7.

I get spoiled by BlackBerry when they let me choose and shut down rogue app permissions that are complete nonsense. BlackBerry doesn't mine your data and information like water and sell it to the highest bidder as Google and Apple does.

There is zero security in android. Period.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy white Q10.
    It is my opinion that I don't like android.

It is not an opinion it's a absolute fact that they scan, steal and track your data 24/7 on any android device. Any android update uploads over 500 pieces of personal info straight to Google. That's not even including the Bs app permissions.

Look at the permissions on pretty much any Google app. Their ridiculous.

It is a fact that BlackBerry doesn't data mine you. They let you shut down all app permissions that you choose.

Please wake up and inform yourself on the information you are really giving google.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy white Q10.
    Just FYI I found out that all these posts are from the same person, and I've located him:

red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    03-21-14 09:54 PM
    Hate is such a strong word. I tried android before because I was curious to try other than iOs and blackberry. I did not find anything wrong with the operating system only to me it doesn't hold it's value after few months although you get a lot of choices for the devices. The Android community is so proud that they have the best specs of all phones and slamming iphones for their value and low specs yet when I use iphone it runs smoothly even after a long while compared to my Samsung Note 2. People who like to customize they can get Android but for me I just want a phone that works no hassle and it doest hurt to get a phone with a good resale value if you're the kind of person who keeps changing phone. The only thing I like to change are wallpapers and brightness. The longest phone I have was the iphone and I'm hoping my BlackBerry Q10 will last longer. Thing is it's always about personal preference what works for you best unfortunately Android don't tickle my fancy.

via Q10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-21-14 10:06 PM
    Just FYI I found out that all these posts are from the same person, and I've located him:

http://yourfaceisstupid.com/wp-conte...eories-lol.jpg
    So, to be clear, you're saying that people who are concerned about corporate data mining are crazy tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists?

Posted from CB10.
    03-21-14 10:08 PM
385 ... 7891011 ...