04-09-14 01:29 PM
385 ... 13141516
tools
    I don't hate it I just think the OS looks cheap and messy just like my best friends ex girlfriend

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:38 AM
    The menus on Android are absolutely ghastly.

E.g. The drop down quick settings etc. They look horrible, messy and so dated.

It's that kind of thing I can't take seriously. I like simplicity and efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-25-14 10:54 AM
    The menus on Android are absolutely ghastly.

E.g. The drop down quick settings etc. They look horrible, messy and so dated.

It's that kind of thing I can't take seriously. I like simplicity and efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    It is a menu. It looks the same on all devices. You swipe down from the top of the screen and press the settings button on the Z10 - you do the same thing on Android. On iOS - you press a setting button and go to a menu. Not really sure what is so messy, horrible, and dated about a settings menu - maybe you can offer an explanation?
    03-25-14 11:55 AM
    It is a menu. It looks the same on all devices. You swipe down from the top of the screen and press the settings button on the Z10 - you do the same thing on Android. On iOS - you press a setting button and go to a menu. Not really sure what is so messy, horrible, and dated about a settings menu - maybe you can offer an explanation?
    The explanation is because it's not BB10 and that's all you need to know. Anything else that accomplishes the exact same thing in the same amount of time isn't simplistic and isn't efficient. Make sense?
    03-25-14 12:21 PM
    My reason to retire my note 2 is because android is so much hassle.
    I need at least 3 steps to close BBM conversation. With Z I just need at most 2 steps.

Posted via CB 10.3
    3 steps that require precision, v.s. Two much more forgiving steps.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-25-14 12:38 PM
    I need at least 3 steps to close BBM conversation. With Z I just need at most 2 steps.

Posted via CB 10.3
    Yeah I can see how that would ruin your day.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Tre Lawrence, shaleem and pankaler like this.
    03-25-14 04:21 PM
    Yeah I can see how that would ruin your day.
    LOL.
    03-25-14 04:25 PM
    LOL.
    I'm starting to get arthritis from using Android. I'm suing Google!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Tre Lawrence and shaleem like this.
    03-25-14 04:43 PM
    Dry snitch

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 05:11 PM
    That's odd. Only takes me 1 step. One click of the back or home button to exit it, or one longpress to remove it entirely.
    bekkay likes this.
    03-25-14 05:24 PM
    Its not modified its jellybean under neath but, its a Nokia Skin on top of it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    I thought it was a forked version of Android, like the Kindle. Built on jelly bean, but zero jelly bean in it. If you get what I mean
    03-26-14 07:25 PM
    I thought it was a forked version of Android, like the Kindle. Built on jelly bean, but zero jelly bean in it. If you get what I mean
    Its not forked. Its just not Google Apps certified. Its android without the play store and a Nokia skin on top of it.

Yatezy likes this.
    03-26-14 07:31 PM
    Looks like I stand corrected

To derail the thread slightly, it would be nice for Nokia to make head way in the android market and bring their camera lens and software over.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-26-14 07:36 PM
    So you are downloading most likely illegal and possibly malware infected torrent files and they have slowed down your Android phone? Truly surprising,

Where did you get tTorrent for your Z10? I wasn't aware it was available in BBWorld. Oh right, it isn't. It's an Android app. So it's ok to hate the OS but to depend on it to use its apps? Interesting.
    Dry Snitch

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:44 PM
    Dry Snitch

Posted via CB10
    Great response.
    03-30-14 03:52 PM

Where did you get tTorrent for your Z10? I wasn't aware it was available in BBWorld. Oh right, it isn't. It's an Android app. So it's ok to hate the OS but to depend on it to use its apps? Interesting.
    Not hugely different from a Windows perspective. Hate Windows, love all the apps it runs. So, if I could borrow all the Windows apps to another OS of my choosing, more power to me. I don't like Android. But I'll take the apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 06:08 AM
    why do everybody in here hates Android so much?
    It's a BB Forum, so chances are many here chose BB due to them preferring BB over Android, iOS and WP ,OR simply not liking the companies that make devices that run those OSs.

If you go to an Android or iOS forum you won't even get hate if you talk about BB, you'll get laughed out the forum as to many of those who use those OSs, BB is either dead or dying and not worth even talking about.

I must say, BB haven't totally helped themselves by depending on Android apps as its seen by many as an admission of BB lacking major developer support.
    03-31-14 07:57 AM
    Android was not meant to be safe

Did Sundar Pichai really say that Android was not designed to be safe?

instead is was meant to be simple so they can give it away for free
    03-31-14 09:48 AM
    Android was not meant to be safe

Did Sundar Pichai really say that Android was not designed to be safe?

instead is was meant to be simple so they can give it away for free
    It was given away for free in order to get market share. Now that Google has the market share they are trying to reign in all that extra mess and noise. Now they are requiring vendors to have "powered by android " on boot up in order to be Google apps certified.

03-31-14 12:03 PM
    The explanation is because it's not BB10 and that's all you need to know. Anything else that accomplishes the exact same thing in the same amount of time isn't simplistic and isn't efficient. Make sense?
    Be quiet you boring farts.

Android menus are ugly and green. They look like alien goop or vomit.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:08 PM
    Be quiet you boring farts.

Android menus are ugly and green. They look like alien goop or vomit.

Posted via CB10
    Lmfao

04-02-14 12:50 PM
    Because you download a top ten app from the play store and is garbage!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:55 PM
    That's odd. Only takes me 1 step. One click of the back or home button to exit it, or one longpress to remove it entirely.
    One click of the back just put us on chat list. One press of home button still not close the apps entirely and it still consume your battery.
    The long press of home button often get the Google menu tapped by accident (appear above the home button after we do the long press) and at least one second longer than BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB 10.3
    04-06-14 06:25 PM
    One click of the back just put us on chat list. One press of home button still not close the apps entirely and it still consume your battery.
    The long press of home button often get the Google menu tapped by accident (appear above the home button after we do the long press) and at least one second longer than BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB 10.3
    He meant long press of the chat to remove it, not long press of the home button.
    04-06-14 07:27 PM
    Because you download a top ten app from the play store and is garbage!

Posted via CB10
    Which one?

04-06-14 08:39 PM
385 ... 13141516