04-09-14 01:29 PM
385 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    in this case I meant rooting.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I thought we were talking about customization. I bet less than 25% root their phones.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-23-14 05:23 PM
    Android catches viruses and moves slower and slower because of this

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's just as bad as people saying Blackberry is dead. A lie.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-23-14 05:25 PM
    Both my past Android devices nexus 5 and s4 started moving extremely slow. Especially when I started downloading torrent files using Ttorrent. Prove I'm lying homie!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:29 PM
    Both my past Android devices nexus 5 and s4 started moving extremely slow. Especially when I started downloading torrent files using Ttorrent. Prove I'm lying homie!

Posted via CB10
    That sounds self inflicted to me. My Nexus 5 moves as fast as day one.......homie.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-23-14 05:31 PM
    ...or just say something that implies Android devices don't slow way down over time(8 months).

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I believe you. LOL.
    pankaler likes this.
    03-23-14 05:32 PM
    ...or just say something that implies Android devices don't slow way down over time(8 months).

Posted via CB10
    If they "all" did this their market share would be as bad as.........well, you know.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-23-14 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed...my s4 is very slow now.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:33 PM
    It is self inflicted BUT I'm using Ttorrent on my Z10 and it hasn't slowed down at all. It's actually gotten faster with all the OS leaks and updates. Say I'm lying?.. Android slows down bruh, and there's nothing you can type on CrackBerry to change that fact

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:37 PM
    It is self inflicted BUT I'm using Ttorrent on my Z10 and it hasn't slowed down at all. It's actually gotten faster with all the OS leaks and updates. Say I'm lying?.. Android slows down bruh, and there's nothing you can type on CrackBerry to change that fact

Posted via CB10
    Now I'm "bruh"? LOL.

I believe that your Z10 is doing well, I never said that. Your usage is not normal. Most people do not download torrents on their smart phones. I won't even go there. The truth is, my Nexus 5 which does not download torrents, is just as fast as day one.

OK brah?

Now I'm done with this type of conversation.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    pankaler likes this.
    03-23-14 05:43 PM
    "Bruh" with a "u" lol
    I believe you believe your android device hasn't slowed down. But I said my z10 has gotten faster. You know that to be true given the BlackBerry 10 updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:47 PM
    I thought we were talking about customization. I bet less than 25% root their phones.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Be sure that less than 5% root their Android phones...
    03-23-14 05:52 PM
    I think people fear what they don't understand. I think people hear things like "data mining" and "insecure" and their minds automatically assume the worst without taking the time to research what actually happens, or what BlackBerry's own policies are. Then misinformation just snowballs from there. I really don't understand why such hatred of other platforms, or calling users of those platforms names like iSaqaheep, etc is so rampant here. I'm not a huge fan of iOS, but I don't go spouting off mistruths about it or talking about how much I dislike it. I don't really talk about it at all. To me that's not what being aBlackBerry fan is all about.
    I think one of the oddest irrational things I hear on this subject, and which you hinted at, is the weird de facto , stance and assertions, that bb is different! Lol!

It is as though they feel their love for bb makes the corporation behave as they dream. All without knowing what bb already does,let alone what they would/will do! It's not like they even have a figurehead to emotionally attach faith to! I wonder if they had the same faith in Sybase? Lol . bb has executives and investors just like any other company - in fact there's always a lot of overlap! Count on all of them to make maximum money at your expense. Even if you believe Chen will not do these things based on his deep brown eyes, don't trust the people he will sell the info to,for the right price, nor his successor whocould be there any day ! Hey they're ot all as " honest"and forth right as you believed Heins to be! ;-).

Although if it ever came out I'm sure we well discover that Chen knew nothing about it, and will fully investigate, because nothing is more important to him that YOU. :-)

BASIC RULE: most are doing anything terribly malicious but each and every one - Google apple ms bb , your Local grocer, can and will collect and mine your info, if it to their advantage.
    Last edited by richardat; 03-23-14 at 07:35 PM.
    03-23-14 05:55 PM
    Be sure that less than 5% root their Android phones...
    I'd agree. Less and less percentage-wise with each iteration
    03-23-14 05:56 PM
    So, to be clear, you're saying that people who are concerned about corporate data mining are crazy tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists?

Posted from CB10.
    does it have to be one or the other? Can't it be aliens?
    03-23-14 07:22 PM
    I don't hate Android I just didn't enjoy the experience of Android after 2 years of using it. Blackberry is clean and feels more fluid. Overall it's the user experience that counts. Android have been nothing but a bubble of frustrations about to burst. Google have like unlimited human and capital resources and they've made little or no progress to their OS. It's been around 5 years and it still looks the same to me.
    03-23-14 07:48 PM
    does it have to be one or the other? Can't it be aliens?
    Sure, why not.
    03-23-14 08:03 PM
    I also don't enjoy the android experience that much. Sure it is customizable, but I don't find the experience smooth... They are a lot more snapier in these last iterations, but still lack the reliability and fluidity of IOS and BB10
    03-23-14 08:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Android doesnt just catch virus', you accept malicious apps onto your phone that maybe infected (both of which have been describe in this thread so keeping Unknown sources and USB debugging unticked solves these problems). The slowing down i accept but something i personally dont get because im constantly flashing and cleaning the system out.
    03-23-14 08:06 PM
    Android doesnt just catch virus', you accept malicious apps onto your phone that maybe infected (both of which have been describe in this thread so keeping Unknown sources and USB debugging unticked solves these problems). The slowing down i accept but something i personally dont get because im constantly flashing and cleaning the system out.
    Good point. I have mine on auto clean.
    03-23-14 08:10 PM
    How is it not good logic? I doubt more than 25% of the total android base root their phones.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I would say less 25% root their phones. Remember the majority of android devices are lower end and not for the tech savvy. Rooting is a task, even I don`t root and I know my way around android. It has become redundant now that android is much faster and better with 4.4.2.
    03-23-14 10:54 PM
    I don't hate Android I just didn't enjoy the experience of Android after 2 years of using it. Blackberry is clean and feels more fluid. Overall it's the user experience that counts. Android have been nothing but a bubble of frustrations about to burst. Google have like unlimited human and capital resources and they've made little or no progress to their OS. It's been around 5 years and it still looks the same to me.
    I can`t believe you managed to type that. Android has changed so much between 2011 and 2014 that it blows the mind. I understand being a fanboy, but to flat say that android has stayed the same in 5 years is flat out wrong. 2.3 to 4.0 alone was a huge jump in UI.
    03-23-14 11:01 PM
    I also don't enjoy the android experience that much. Sure it is customizable, but I don't find the experience smooth... They are a lot more snapier in these last iterations, but still lack the reliability and fluidity of IOS and BB10
    Do you remember the random reboots the first round of BB10 devices had? How many people jumped ship to android or iOS during that period?
    pankaler and bekkay like this.
    03-23-14 11:03 PM
    Good point. I have mine on auto clean.
    CleanMaster FTW
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-23-14 11:04 PM
385 ... 1112131415 ...