Only one problem in your logic, with the BYOD trend, the Enterprise market is shrinking too.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    That's why BES12 is underway... they have solutions for BYOD.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 12:36 AM
    No, not syncing. If you had a legacy BBOS device and PlayBook, you could park your phone into a wall socket and pick up your PlayBook. Through Bluetooth it would bridge to your phone and your SMS, BBM, Email, Calendar etc would appear on the tablet and you could pick up where you left off.

In effect, the PlayBook became a dumb terminal with a larger screen.

From a security point of view, if you somehow managed to lose your PlayBook at a pub, etc... there would be no worry as it didn't store any of the information. No syncing, that's the point!

EDIT: And by Syncing, I guess I'm thinking of the modern interpretation of Sync. IE The Cloud - Evernote, Google Chrome, etc. where your preferences are stored on a public server.
    I don't have one of these smart watches and unsure if I ever will get one (although that moto 360 looks nice) but I think they currently work like that. They use Bluetooth LE to connect to your phone and whatever comes to your phone is passed to the watch.

I'm almost 100% certain that's how it works with the Samsung Gear so I imagine other smart watches will follow the same route. One of the counter arguments for them is you've got to carry your phone around with you all the time for it to work so why the need for the watch.
    03-22-14 01:59 AM
    I don't have one of these smart watches and unsure if I ever will get one (although that moto 360 looks nice) but I think they currently work like that. They use Bluetooth LE to connect to your phone and whatever comes to your phone is passed to the watch.

I'm almost 100% certain that's how it works with the Samsung Gear so I imagine other smart watches will follow the same route. One of the counter arguments for them is you've got to carry your phone around with you all the time for it to work so why the need for the watch.
    The perfect smart watch is one that is a hybrid analog (meaning you never need to charge it if you need to check the time) with a transparent to opaque screen to switch to smart watch mode.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yatezy likes this.
    03-22-14 02:17 AM
    I'm not a blind fan either but I'm not blind on details either. These layoffs were part of the plan since last year...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Did i said you're blind details?

Sent via tapatalk
    03-22-14 06:25 AM
    Due to irritating ads

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 08:20 AM
    Only one problem in your logic, with the BYOD trend, the Enterprise market is shrinking too.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    You're talking about mobile phones I presume? If they release BES 12 which manages WP, Android, iOS and all BlackBerry and it fails, then BlackBerry is pretty much done in a year or two following. If it's successful then their Enterprise market will grow I believe. And BlackBerry is also going to release BES in the cloud for small and medium sized businesses. The pricing models look good as well. And, are there any other Enterprise grade MDM software solutions that currently offer the ability to manage all four platforms?

So assuming the software itself is good, I'm pretty happy with my logic. That doesn't guarantee success obviously, but it gives them a decent chance, imho. Nokia is currently making a comeback from a low point with mobile, there's no reason BlackBerry can't do the same a few years down the road methinks. But obviously I'm not a psychic so I'm speculating.
    03-22-14 10:23 AM

I don't have one either but I'm sure it must be Bluetooth. BlackBerry was ahead of the pack with the Bridge idea at the time, it was disappointing that they dropped the ball with the launch of BlackBerry 10 and crippled Bridge functionality. They seem to still be working on it so I'm hopeful it comes back full bore.

I've said before I'd love to be able to Bridge cross platform between my BlackBerry phone and any other device on the other platforms. Cross platform Bridge is something I'd love to see happen.
    03-22-14 10:27 AM
    If people don't know that, then they probably don't really care about that.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    But they should care.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:04 AM
    Will people still want to change ? Personally... i think people get tired of the same. So it's a opportunity for BlackBerry to take advantage of that feeling.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    That's the beauty of Android. My nexus looks nothing like my iPhone or my sister's note 3. Android is the only Os that allows me to customize my device to my liking.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry Guy and pankaler like this.
    03-22-14 11:08 AM
    Then you have this coming from Google.

http://www.infowars.com/ex-darpa-hea...id-microchips/

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:08 AM
    Then you have this coming from Google.

http://www.infowars.com/ex-darpa-hea...id-microchips/

Posted via CB10
    "Infowars"... oh yes these guys are sane.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 11:38 AM
    That's the beauty of Android. My nexus looks nothing like my iPhone or my sister's note 3. Android is the only Os that allows me to customize my device to my liking.

But how many android users actually do this ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 11:39 AM

That is a huge advantage I enjoy also. Its as if you have multiple devices in one.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-22-14 11:40 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I certainly don't have a number to tell you. I do know the customization market is huge (themes, icons, widgets, etc.). People make good money developing these. I guess the main thing is its available and that is a selling point.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-22-14 11:42 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I would say a lot. My co worker (she's far from a tech head) introduced me to mycolorscreen.com.

pankaler likes this.
    03-22-14 11:42 AM
    I would say a lot. My co worker (she's far from a tech head) introduced me to mycolorscreen.com.

Exactly. With Themer is is easier than easy to customize your device.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-22-14 11:44 AM
    I certainly don't have a number to tell you. I do know the customization market is huge (themes, icons, widgets, etc.). People make good money developing these. I guess the main thing is its available and that is a selling point.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Something that BlackBerry should reintroduce. They used to have themes.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Johberry likes this.
    03-22-14 11:46 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yep, I miss those a lot.

03-22-14 11:47 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I think that would be a good idea. I know some people say its gimmicky, but it sells.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-22-14 11:47 AM
    I have to admit, it took me 3 attempts at Android before I felt comfortable with it. Then I finally understood what it was about and I have been hooked ever since. Still hoping Blackberry can gain some traction but its a slow process.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I HATED my first attempt until I stopped trying to make it a BlackBerry.

Then I embraced the differences.

Angels sang. Puppies wagged their tails. Unicorns materialised.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    03-22-14 12:03 PM
    I don't know if it's really hate. Android is a robust platform with tons of options to customize to your liking. I like what Android can do but I enjoy the BlackBerry experience. My BlackBerry is very productive with minimal apps. It's the perfect device for me

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 12:11 PM
    I HATED my first attempt until I stopped trying to make it a BlackBerry.

Then I embraced the differences.

Angels sang. Puppies wagged their tails. Unicorns materialised.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    Well, I saw no angels or unicorns but my dogs tail wags like a propeller!

I think I was the same way trying to compare it to Blackberry instead of embracing its uniqueness. I think that's why it gets so much hate on Crackberry.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-22-14 12:13 PM
    I don't have one either but I'm sure it must be Bluetooth. BlackBerry was ahead of the pack with the Bridge idea at the time, it was disappointing that they dropped the ball with the launch of BlackBerry 10 and crippled Bridge functionality. They seem to still be working on it so I'm hopeful it comes back full bore.

I've said before I'd love to be able to Bridge cross platform between my BlackBerry phone and any other device on the other platforms. Cross platform Bridge is something I'd love to see happen.
    That would be fantastic but seems like everyone, Samsung esp, are taking Apples approach to cross platform syncing/bridging. Unfortunately.
    03-22-14 12:32 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    More than you think. I have seen common android users have different icon packs and launchers from the play store. My post is ancedotal but I think that with hundreds of thousands of downloads for launchers on the play store, I doubt it`s a small number.
    03-22-14 02:57 PM
    Well, I saw no angels or unicorns but my dogs tail wags like a propeller!

I think I was the same way trying to compare it to Blackberry instead of embracing its uniqueness. I think that's why it gets so much hate on Crackberry.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Well yeah, except that lately Android gets more love on CrackBerry than BlackBerry does.

Why hate Android?-shrug.gif
    keepthetorch and southlander like this.
    03-22-14 03:51 PM
385 ... 910111213 ...