Hate is such a strong word. I tried android before because I was curious to try other than iOs and blackberry. I did not find anything wrong with the operating system only to me it doesn't hold it's value after few months although you get a lot of choices for the devices. The Android community is so proud that they have the best specs of all phones and slamming iphones for their value and low specs yet when I use iphone it runs smoothly even after a long while compared to my Samsung Note 2. People who like to customize they can get Android but for me I just want a phone that works no hassle and it doest hurt to get a phone with a good resale value if you're the kind of person who keeps changing phone. The only thing I like to change are wallpapers and brightness. The longest phone I have was the iphone and I'm hoping my BlackBerry Q10 will last longer. Thing is it's always about personal preference what works for you best unfortunately Android don't tickle my fancy.

via Q10
    I came from iPhone to BlackBerry for my own reasons but I totally agree. My iPhone 4S is still running fine on iOS 7.1

A few months ago I dropped and broke my Playbook so I replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". I've installed very little in the way of apps but after a few months I'm already experiencing "lag" issues... I often have to long hold on the home button and "close all" to eliminate it. Unlike my Asus Transformer TF101 which I rooted and installed KatKiss KK 4.4 which runs like a dream on far less in terms of specs.

Android, like Windows, is subject to the whims of varying manufacturers and whatever "bloatware" they add. Apple, like BlackBerry, has the benefit of offering ALL users of its platform the same experience. That's definitely one of the downsides to choosing Android.
    03-21-14 10:14 PM
    I have to admit, it took me 3 attempts at Android before I felt comfortable with it. Then I finally understood what it was about and I have been hooked ever since. Still hoping Blackberry can gain some traction but its a slow process.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-21-14 10:27 PM
    I have to admit, it took me 3 attempts at Android before I felt comfortable with it. Then I finally understood what it was about and I have been hooked ever since. Still hoping Blackberry can gain some traction but its a slow process.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Give them a year, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. They're still playing catch up with legacy BBOS features after all.

iOS took time to mature, as did Android but they delivered in the end, no? There's no magic shortcut to developing an OS, so assuming BlackBerry can run the distance I'm sure they'll come to parity in short order.

And, credit where credit is due, BlackBerry was the first out of the post when this whole mobile race began. Have some faith that they are capable of reinventing themselves.

In the meantime, there's no shortage of Android devices to pass the time.
    03-21-14 10:31 PM
    Give them a year, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. They're still playing catch up with legacy BBOS features after all.

iOS took time to mature, as did Android but they delivered in the end, no? There's no magic shortcut to developing an OS, so assuming BlackBerry can run the distance I'm sure they'll come to parity in short order.

And, credit where credit is due, BlackBerry was the first out of the post when this whole mobile race began. Have some faith that they are capable of reinventing themselves.

In the meantime, there's no shortage of Android devices to pass the time.
    IOS and Android developed at the right time though, when the market was ripe. That is the problem. The market is much more saturated now. Of course it can grow still but not at the numbers it did before.

BB10 may be very good in a year but the question is, why will people want to change? Its not like Apple and Google will sit back and not continue to develop. I think the smart watch market is getting ready to explode. Have you seen the Moto 360? If it takes off it will only secure the Android market even more. Just my opinion though.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Tre Lawrence and pankaler like this.
    03-21-14 10:40 PM
    IOS and Android developed at the right time though, when the market was ripe. That is the problem. The market is much more saturated now. Of course it can grow still but not at the numbers it did before.

BB10 may be very good in a year but the question is, why will people want to change? Its not like Apple and Google will sit back and not continue to develop. I think the smart watch market is getting ready to explode. Have you seen the Moto 360? If it takes off it will only secure the Android market even more. Just my opinion though.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Well said. Couldn't agree more.

I think iOS hit, BBRY stuttered for a half second, Android went back to the drawing board and reacted VERY quickly, while WebOS had promise but was hamstrung (IMHO) by HP.

I think Apple stumbled into ecosystem dominance, while Android had some core apps and functionality that keep folks around till its ecosystem grew to be competitive. WP and BBRY, IMHO, were late to the modern game, and are struggling as a result. MSFT has the dollars to sink, and, as shown with how it propped the XBOX to success, is not averse to a prolonged battle.
    03-21-14 10:54 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Will people still want to change ? Personally... i think people get tired of the same. So it's a opportunity for BlackBerry to take advantage of that feeling.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-21-14 10:58 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I think money plays a role as well. WebOS launched in a better window than BB10 and quickly disappeared. And Palm Treo wasn't a bad OS either... Apple and Google have the benefit of deep pockets and diversified markets to sustain playing "the long game".

It's like going to court against a big corporation: regardless of the merits of the case, they manage to wear you down until you can't fight any more. Compared to Microsoft, Google and Apple, BlackBerry is in the little leagues when it comes to that kind of game. Add to that their missteps in the past and it becomes a David vs multiple Goliaths scenario.

Frankly, I'm amazed they've managed to hang on this long. And I'm definitely rooting for them.
    03-21-14 10:58 PM
    Will people still want to change ? Personally... i think people get tired of the same. So it's a opportunity for BlackBerry to take advantage of that feeling.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I think you are right to some degree, some people do like to change. The problem is ecosystem. Like I said, if the smart watches take off ( the moto 360 is beautiful and runs Android) then it only entrenches you deeper, making you less likely to change. That's what makes it tougher for those trying to catch up.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-21-14 11:01 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I agree... if BBRY products can give people the same amount of functionality. And I mean EVERYTHING. Communication, content, functionality, etc. That's the challenge. I think it's tough to expect people to change if they feel they are taking a step back with regards to doing the stuff they wanna do.

If it were based on UI alone, BRY wouldn't be having a tough time, IMHO.
    03-21-14 11:02 PM
    I think money plays a role as well. WebOS launched in a better window than BB10 and quickly disappeared. And Palm Treo wasn't a bad OS either... Apple and Google have the benefit of deep pockets and diversified markets to sustain playing "the long game".

It's like going to court against a big corporation: regardless of the merits of the case, they manage to wear you down until you can't fight any more. Compared to Microsoft, Google and Apple, BlackBerry is in the little leagues when it comes to that kind of game. Add to that their missteps in the past and it becomes a David vs multiple Goliaths scenario.

Frankly, I'm amazed they've managed to hang on this long. And I'm definitely rooting for them.
    Totally agree with your points, even the last one. Blackberry has a strong fan base who are holding on no matter what. They should consider themselves lucky. If they do make it it will only be because of those users buying them time.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-21-14 11:04 PM
    I think you are right to some degree, some people do like to change. The problem is ecosystem. Like I said, if the smart watches take off ( the moto 360 is beautiful and runs Android) then it only entrenches you deeper, making it less likely to change. That's what makes it tougher for those trying to catch up.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Wearable computing is definitely one of the next battlegrounds. And automotive. BlackBerry is deep in automotive with QNX, but so far nothing in wearable computing.

Personally, I think if they continue with cross platform then BlackBerry Bridge has legs. Build it for iOS, Android and WP8. Bridge your Watch/Phone/Tablet/Computer to any other device...

Everyone focuses on Mobile when it comes to BlackBerry but personally I think a "Secure" Bridge between devices is a winner.

Just my $0.02.
    03-21-14 11:06 PM
    No hate here. Just indifference. If I actually cared about Android enough to discuss it in detail then I am one click away from Android Central. I actually like all the phone platforms. What's to hate.

I am here to discuss BlackBerry. And to hopefully assist those that need help or get help from folks in other cases, with my BlackBerry products.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-21-14 11:07 PM
    Totally agree with your points, even the last one. Blackberry has a strong fan base who are holding on no matter what. They should consider themselves lucky. If they do make it it will only be because of those users buying them time.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Totally agreed. I see legacy BB devices all the time (Toronto) and I'm surprised. To be fair to BlackBerry, there must be something to the messaging capabilities built into legacy BBOS that makes them stay.

All the more reason BlackBerry needs to bring BB10 to full parity with those legacy features. AND, I think the Q20 is a good idea to help those legacy users upgrade.

We love to argue about Instagram etc. coming to BB10 but I think satisfying their core base is more important than consumer apps. Those can come later...
    03-21-14 11:10 PM
    Wearable computing is definitely one of the next battlegrounds. And automotive. BlackBerry is deep in automotive with QNX, but so far nothing in wearable computing.

Personally, I think if they continue with cross platform then BlackBerry Bridge has legs. Build it for iOS, Android and WP8. Bridge your Watch/Phone/Tablet/Computer to any other device...

Everyone focuses on Mobile when it comes to BlackBerry but personally I think a "Secure" Bridge between devices is a winner.

Just my $0.02.
    If I understand you correctly, bridge means your devices sync with each other? I believe that's what the Moto 360 does. It has notifications on the watch bridged from your phone. So you see the current weather, that you got a text, that its 15 minutes until the game starts. All platforms are working on similar things. If one hits a home run first though, that could catapult someone into the lead.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-21-14 11:13 PM
    Totally agreed. I see legacy BB devices all the time (Toronto) and I'm surprised. To be fair to BlackBerry, there must be something to the messaging capabilities built into legacy BBOS that makes them stay.

All the more reason BlackBerry needs to bring BB10 to full parity with those legacy features. AND, I think the Q20 is a good idea to help those legacy users upgrade.

We love to argue about Instagram etc. coming to BB10 but I think satisfying their core base is more important than consumer apps. Those can come later...
    They made a huge mistake (panicked?) Leaving the legacy users behind. They should have brought them along by keeping those features in the new OS. I think they realize that now.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Johberry likes this.
    03-21-14 11:15 PM
    i dont hate android but android devices gettin lag and heavy by time ,,but look at bb or apple..estables system and not crashing and more faster,,,,the day that bb10 creat a real cool hardware and get native apps..android and apple will stay on the corner crying ... trust me,,
    In the corner where bb is currently sitting.... (selling offices, firing employees, etc).

Those companies (samsung, apple, google, etc) spent millions in r&d and advertising ( i bet more than bb's budget).

I don't know who's going to trust you with that claim.

I like bb but I'm not a blind fan.

Sent via tapatalk
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-21-14 11:16 PM
    If I understand you correctly, bridge means your devices sync with each other? I believe that's what the Moto 360 does. It has notifications on the watch bridged from your phone. So you see the current weather, that you got a text, that its 15 minutes until the game starts. All platforms are working on similar things. If one hits a home run first though, that could catapult someone into the lead.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    No, not syncing. If you had a legacy BBOS device and PlayBook, you could park your phone into a wall socket and pick up your PlayBook. Through Bluetooth it would bridge to your phone and your SMS, BBM, Email, Calendar etc would appear on the tablet and you could pick up where you left off.

In effect, the PlayBook became a dumb terminal with a larger screen.

From a security point of view, if you somehow managed to lose your PlayBook at a pub, etc... there would be no worry as it didn't store any of the information. No syncing, that's the point!

EDIT: And by Syncing, I guess I'm thinking of the modern interpretation of Sync. IE The Cloud - Evernote, Google Chrome, etc. where your preferences are stored on a public server.
    03-21-14 11:17 PM
    They made a huge mistake (panicked?) Leaving the legacy users behind. They should have brought them along by keeping those features in the new OS. I think they realize that now.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    It was a big mistake. And yeah, pretty sure they realize it now.

BlackBerry has always failed when it tried to go after the consumer market. They have always succeeded when they tried to go after the enterprise market.

BlackBerry is NOT a consumer oriented company. Just like Apple and Google are NOT enterprise oriented companies.

BlackBerry should stop trying to cater to consumers and focus on what they do best.

Imho.
    03-21-14 11:20 PM
    No, not syncing. If you had a legacy BBOS device and PlayBook, you could park your phone into a wall socket and pick up your PlayBook. Through Bluetooth it would bridge to your phone and your SMS, BBM, Email, Calendar etc would appear on the tablet and you could pick up where you left off.

In effect, the PlayBook became a dumb terminal with a larger screen.

From a security point of view, if you somehow managed to lose your PlayBook at a pub, etc... there would be no worry as it didn't store any of the information. No syncing, that's the point!
    I'm not sure dumb terminals will ever take off. They have been takes about and sound interesting. Again, if Blackberry develops it before others develop their concepts, it will have a chance. Only time will tell.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-21-14 11:26 PM
    Because there is little to love!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:26 PM

BlackBerry has always failed when it tried to go after the consumer market. They have always succeeded when they tried to go after the enterprise market.

BlackBerry is NOT a consumer oriented company. Just like Apple and Google are NOT enterprise oriented companies.

BlackBerry should stop trying to cater to consumers and focus on what they do best.

Imho.
    A very good opinion. Don't try to be what you're not. Stick with what you do well, even if means a smaller share.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-21-14 11:27 PM
    I'm not sure dumb terminals will ever take off. They have been takes about and sound interesting. Again, if Blackberry develops it before others develop their concepts, it will have a chance. Only time will tell.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I think that's the whole point of wearable computing actually.

Whether it's your phone, glasses, watch, whatever.... You will be able to walk into any public space and connect to a larger terminal to access you personal information. If anything, that's where everything is trending.

After all, what's "The Cloud" if you can't take it everywhere with you?
    03-21-14 11:29 PM
    I think that's the whole point of wearable computing actually.

Whether it's your phone, glasses, watch, whatever.... You will be able to walk into any public space and connect to a larger terminal to access you personal information. If anything, that's where everything is trending.

After all, what's "The Cloud" if you can't take it everywhere with you?
    I find it all very interesting. Parking your car and the parking meter "talking" with your smartphone and being able to pay automatically. Walking into a club and your smartphone letting the DJ know what music you like. The ideas are endless.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-21-14 11:34 PM
    In the corner where bb is currently sitting.... (selling offices, firing employees, etc).

Those companies (samsung, apple, google, etc) spent millions in r&d and advertising ( i bet more than bb's budget).

I don't know who's going to trust you with that claim.

I like bb but I'm not a blind fan.

Sent via tapatalk
    I'm not a blind fan either but I'm not blind on details either. These layoffs were part of the plan since last year...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 12:03 AM

Imho.
    Only one problem in your logic, with the BYOD trend, the Enterprise market is shrinking too.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-22-14 12:23 AM
385 ... 89101112 ...