Nobody hates Android. It is just the face of an appliance.

Kind of like hating your toaster's wiring.

Posted via CB10
    I love this.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-20-14 07:34 PM
    Android is fine...
    You just need to be careful.

In other words, it requires some important knowledge on how to implement security on your own.

It's not tricky though, it just need some effort.

But, if you don't want that kind of stuff, then BlackBerry is for you.

If you need Google services, then you should take the consequences that comes with android.

Posted via CB10
    That's the thing though. I don't mind that on my laptop or PC but my smartphone needs to be ready to go out of the box with the latest security features.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 07:44 PM
    That's the thing though. I don't mind that on my laptop or PC but my smartphone needs to be ready to go out of the box with the latest security features.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I knew you were a CIA agent!

Security starts and ends with the user. Most of us give away data about ourselves every day without even knowing it. Android provides plenty of security for most people out of the box. Its when we start doing stupid things that gets us in trouble.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-20-14 07:51 PM
    I knew you were a CIA agent!

Security starts and ends with the user. Most of us give away data about ourselves every day without even knowing it. Android provides plenty of security for most people out of the box. Its when we start doing stupid things that gets us in trouble.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Its more of a convenience issue. I put effort in securing my PCs. And the slow booting of BB10 is because of the extra tasks it needs to do to check for legitimate OS. Android unlocked bootloader is a security risk.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 07:55 PM
    Its more of a convenience issue. I put effort in securing my PCs. And the slow booting of BB10 is because of the extra tasks it needs to do to check for legitimate OS. Android unlocked bootloader is a security risk.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Understand the convenience issue. I still say the security risk is overblown. Just think, if people were being compromised so badly they would never buy Android again. Yet it continues to lead sales.

Its a personal choice. If you feel safer with Blackberry that's awesome. I don't think the security topic will help them gain market share though. It will be an ecosystem that people feel makes their lives easier and better. I hope they get there.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Tre Lawrence and pankaler like this.
    03-20-14 08:02 PM
    Isnip... And the slow booting of BB10 is because of the extra tasks it needs to do to check for legitimate OS. ...
    Most hilarious line of the night.

Pray it never reboots during a 911 emergency.
    03-20-14 08:06 PM
    Understand the convenience issue. I still say the security risk is overblown. Just think, if people were being compromised so badly they would never buy Android again.
    Exactly.

We've been waiting for the mobile security apocalypse for a while now LOL.

Those poor, poor, Android users. Getting compromised left and right and just taking it.
    03-20-14 08:08 PM
    Understand the convenience issue. I still say the security risk is overblown. Just think, if people were being compromised so badly they would never buy Android again. Yet it continues to lead sales.

Its a personal choice. If you feel safer with Blackberry that's awesome. I don't think the security topic will help them gain market share though. It will be an ecosystem that people feel makes their lives easier and better. I hope they get there.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    For developers BB10 is a excellent platform. Untapped and full of potential. While in android or iOS it's just a sea of apps with good apps drowned beneath.(referring to quality third party apps) plus there is statistics that BlackBerry users pay more per downloaded app. IOS being the top platform for money made.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:09 PM
    Most hilarious line of the night.

Pray it never reboots during a 911 emergency.
    Hilarious line? Its a fact... reboot issue is exaggerated to no end. Last time I heard a legitimate random reboot on BB10 was because of defective hardware not software. Gap between contacts. Meaning this only happens with Z10 and Q10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:12 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    It leads sells because people don't care about security... but I know that security threats in mobile are growing and will eventually cause some damage. Just ask any security professional or computer engineer in the field...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:15 PM
    For developers BB10 is a excellent platform. Untapped and full of potential. While in android or iOS it's just a sea of apps with good apps drowned beneath.(referring to quality third party apps) plus there is statistics that BlackBerry users pay more per downloaded app. IOS being the top platform for money made.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    So what are you saying?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-20-14 08:24 PM
    Another hilarious thread filled with people needing to prove they are right by attempting (poorly) to knock another platform. Very entertaining.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Let me re-phrase:
    Another hilarious thread started by a _______ user on a Crackberry forum filling up with people from the _____ user side of things asking said platform why they hate Android? Reminds me of the movie Jaws. You get what comes when chumming the water.

I do feel good though. "If they don't post and talk about you" (BB) they probably don't like you. In other words, BB is the most loved people in the world. I feel truly blessed. Thank you all.
    03-20-14 08:24 PM
    It leads sells because people don't care about security... but I know that security threats in mobile are growing and will eventually cause some damage. Just ask any security professional or computer engineer in the field...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    You're reaching. You're hoping. If it was going to happen on a large scale you would have seen it by now. I am not saying Android is more secure than Blackberry. What I am saying was if it was a real widespread issue, Android would be dead by now.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-20-14 08:27 PM
    You're reaching. You're hoping. If it was going to happen on a large scale you would have seen it by now. I am not saying Android is more secure than Blackberry. What I am saying was if it was a real widespread issue, Android would be dead by now.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    It only takes one big security breach to put people in complete panic. Snowden woke some people up. And I don't mean about security vs NSA. I mean about security in general.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:30 PM
    Let me re-phrase:
    Another hilarious thread started by a _______ user on a Crackberry forum filling up with people from the _____ user side of things asking said platform why they hate Android? Reminds me of the movie Jaws. You get what comes when chumming the water.

I do feel good though. "If they don't post and talk about you" (BB) they probably don't like you. In other words, BB is the most loved people in the world. I feel truly blessed. Thank you all.
    Its good to be positive.

What I commented on was the ridiculousness of arguing about which platform is "best", a relative term. It matters not what forum you are on. The same would be true.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-20-14 08:30 PM
    Its good to be positive.

What I commented on was the ridiculousness of arguing about which platform is "best", a relative term. It matters not what forum you are on. The same would be true.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Wait till he finds out BBRY just let go of 90 members BBRY 10 development Team lol
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/03/20/bl...-90-employees/

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-20-14 08:32 PM
    It only takes one big security breach to put people in complete panic. Snowden woke some people up. And I don't mean about security vs NSA. I mean about security in general.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Snowden scared some, not me, not in the least. We live in a world that is connected. That is fact. Will some people use it negatively? Absolutely, but we should not be scared. What are you going to do? Lock yourself in your house and never talk to anyone? Don't let this stop you from enjoying life, connecting with others, and moving forward. The world has become smaller than ever. That can be as positive as we want to make it.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-20-14 08:34 PM
    No you're not natural. Kidding but do you eat Ruffles chips ever day and depend on them for your job? Were you a huge fan of Pontiac cars and would only drive that brand? Your points are nonsensical because they aren't remotely related. There are probably some (Pontiac employees or some weird diehard Pontiac fan group) that hate Toyota for putting them out of business. The average consumer might not hate another OS, but I would hardly consider the members of Crackberry the average consumer. It's an extremely loyal fanbase that has been threatened by two other competing OS's which like it or not spurs hatred towards those OSs.

Now I guess you are a diehard Ruffles eater which I'm happy for you and it's too bad about Utz chips taking away shelf space from your ruffles. I'm glad it doesn't bother you though and that you don't hate them for it. Keep eating more and maybe they will take back some shelf space.
    I disagree with the assertion that my points are nonsensical, at least anymore than the original argument was.

A person may have relied on her Pontiac to do her job and probably used the Pontiac every day. When the Pontiac that she is driving dies, she will have to choose a new car from the remaining cars that are available at that time. She may not like the new car and even think that the other car companies are evil but in the end, she will probably have most of her needs met by the next car.

Everyone who uses a smartphone, even a BlackBerry, doesn't rely on them for work. Even for those that do, it is usually more of a convenience than a required tool for the job.
    03-20-14 08:34 PM
    Wait till he finds out BBRY just let go of 90 members BBRY 10 development Team lol

That was part of their planned cutbacks I believe. Necessary to become viable. We still need to see if it works.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-20-14 08:35 PM

Who me? I probably knew before ya.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:37 PM
    if you go on android central, imore, engadget and bgr usually Blackberry is the most hated. So it goes both ways.

Personally I love a lot of things on android like: launchers (BBOS themes), widgets and google now.
    03-20-14 08:38 PM
    Snowden scared some, not me, not in the least. We live in a world that is connected. That is fact. Will some people use it negatively? Absolutely, but we should not be scared. What are you going to do? Lock yourself in your house and never talk to anyone? Don't let this stop you from enjoying life, connecting with others, and moving forward. The world has become smaller than ever. That can be as positive as we want to make it.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Why the extremes... of course I'm not gonna lock myself down. but people do get fired over **** they post on the Internet even if they didn't do it personally...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:38 PM
    Why the extremes... of course I'm not gonna lock myself down. but people do get fired over **** they post on the Internet even of they didn't do it personally...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I don't believe that's a widespread practice.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-20-14 08:40 PM
    I don't believe that's a widespread practice.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Well the school coop advisors seemed to think so. He even told me to change my Facebook to my real name and start cleaning it up. Yea... no thank you... he even thinks people should act the same at work vs outside work. ffs lol.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 08:44 PM
    I don't like android because you can only get the full experience if hour using your Gmail account. If you have anything else, the phone doesn't work to its full capabilities. Like for instance, when you make a note, it creates that note in your Gmail account, not the non gmail account. Also, I would flag an email through an android devise bit it wouldn't flag the email at my main account. That's what so good about BlackBerry. It doesn't matter what email you have. You have one email client on the phone and it works with all emails. Android has two separate email clients one for Gmail which I'd you have gmail works great. The other email client isn't as robust.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RayGTX; 03-21-14 at 04:05 AM.
    03-20-14 08:47 PM
385 ... 45678 ...