Android is a mess for developers... sure it's open source... but it's so easy for people to pirate these apps or even modify them to contain malware.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 09:26 AM
    Hate is such a strong word. I would say I have a strong dislike. Lol. I just don't like the way the os works I don't like the lay out. And I much prefer BlackBerry. That's all. No mystical secret I just prefer BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    It's a BlackBerry forum. I don't think it's so much a hate, but members do get weary hearing about a platform they don't use, because they prefer the BlackBerry they're on.
    I can definitely see that being the case. But, it is becoming increasingly difficult to avoid the topic of Android here because the Android app ecosystem is officially and unofficially being used to fill out BlackBerry 10's own app catalog.
    I don't hate Android, it's the opposite, I love Android. I dislike Google though.

I'm addicted to AOSP to the point I would flash a new rom everyday ( sometimes every hour). So I had to leave Android for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    03-20-14 09:27 AM
    Android is a mess for developers... sure it's open source... but it's so easy for people to pirate these apps or even modify them to contain malware.
    Thankfully, the developers are able to overlook the mess. Good for Android and BB10.
    03-20-14 09:29 AM
    It's a Blackberry forum. Blackberry has been beaten up by Android sales wise the last few years and taken a lot of users away from it. It's a competitive landscape and of course people are going to hate the fact that Android has poached a lot of Blackberry uses away from the platform.

It's the same reason why people hate iOS in here. It's only natural to dislike a brand or product that has forced your favorite brand into a corner and potentially out of the marketplace.

A lot of it comes from not understanding other platforms too. I really like BB10 and use it every day. But I also use iOS and sometimes Android and feel that I know all 3 platforms pretty well. But the number of people in here who have no clue about iOS or Andrpid and bash it without any knowledge of the OS is really staggering.
    03-20-14 09:33 AM
    What is China Syndrome?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Its when Jane Fonda lands a roll in a movie and..., well, nevermind.
    MERCDROID, kbz1960 and BergerKing like this.
    03-20-14 09:34 AM
    Its when Jane Fonda lands a roll in a movie and..., well, nevermind.
    I sense that I should not ask a follow up question here lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    kbz1960 and BergerKing like this.
    03-20-14 09:38 AM
    A lot of it comes from not understanding other platforms too. I really like BB10 and use it every day. But I also use iOS and sometimes Android and feel that I know all 3 platforms pretty well. But the number of people in here who have no clue about iOS or Andrpid and bash it without any knowledge of the OS is really staggering.
    This is another thing against BlackBerry as well. How many iOS and Android users bash BlackBerry and say it's trash and old and blah blah blah but have never even used a BlackBerry or let alone looked at one. The rep at AT&T or this blog said so, so it must be true.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-20-14 09:45 AM
    This is another thing against BlackBerry as well. How many iOS and Android users bash BlackBerry and say it's trash and old and blah blah blah but have never even used a BlackBerry or let alone looked at one. The rep at AT&T or this blog said so, so it must be true.
    I absolutely agree with you. People bash BB10 without knowing a thing about it as well. It's just the nature of things. People hate or talk bad about what they don't know or understand to be protective of what they use and are comfortable with.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-20-14 09:49 AM

It's the same reason why people hate iOS in here. It's only natural to dislike a brand or product that has forced your favorite brand into a corner and potentially out of the marketplace.
    I don't hate Utz Potato Chips for taking shelf space from Ruffles in the grocery store (I hate Utz because the chips have a horrible taste). I don't hate Toyota for "driving" the Pontiac into history. Am I not natural?
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-20-14 09:52 AM
    Because John Chen's meme says so.

Why hate Android?-john-chen-meme-android.jpg

? BBM channeling at C003910CB (Tiger Daddy)
    03-20-14 09:59 AM
    I just don't like Android. No hate.. I prefer iOS/BB 10 over any other platform.
    Peace out.. (kevin's style )
    03-20-14 10:00 AM
    why do everybody in here hates Android so much?
    I wouldn't say "everybody" in here does. I've never used Android phones so I have no feelings toward them either way.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 10:02 AM
    I hate it because I dont know what android is...
    03-20-14 10:03 AM
    I do not hate Android, but manufacturers, who introduced copro-economy model, actively pushing customers to throw out year old phone and buy a new one, by canceling any updates year after phone introduced.

I hope BlackBerry will take Apple as example and support phones for the 4 years.
    Ernest101 and RedFoxOne like this.
    03-20-14 10:08 AM
    I don't hate Android. I like that it is easily customized and open. And I like the convenience of Google's integration to the ecosystem, which is quite clever. But with that comes some security concerns. Just recently there were articles on Google Play being hacked twice and Google Education apps mining student data for advertisement purposes. Lawsuits have been filed.

We have Android tablets and phones. Our findings have been lagginess over time, and my daughter has to clear her browser on her Asus tablet every time she downloads an app due to a Force App Launcher error. We have had a Samsung tablet completely die on us, an HTC and a Huawei MyTouch phone die on us, as well as a Samsung Galaxy 2 that needed replacement within the first year. So with the inexpensive pricing comes some quality issues that you will have to sacrifice. And I think some of the gimmicks are very cool but might contribute to the malfunctions as we have discovered.

As for IOS, we were early adopters of Mac laptops ($2000 plus for the Powerbook) and were made fun of all the time then, lol. We have since moved away after numerous issues with the poor build quality of the iPod Touches and iTunes such as slow updates that wiped out two devices and in app purchases. And we quite like having NFC, bluetooth that pairs with other devices, HDMI, expandable memory and universal USB ports which is missing with iPhones.

In the meantime I have had zero problems with my BlackBerrys since the Curve 8320. My daughter has chosen the Z10 as her daily driver and keeps her Asus tablet for fun stuff. So, she doesn't mind the occasional lagginess and reboots that she has had to perform on her Android tablet.

So, from our experiences of over ten years or so, we Choose BlackBerry. Simple.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    theRock1975 likes this.
    03-20-14 10:13 AM
    actually, I don't hate Android or iOS.

But I am disgusted with Apple's policy to aggressively sue competitors over dubious designs and patents and also their hypocrisy in taking no problem in copying other's GUI (Xerox).

And I am scared of Google's information data mining cause I am convinced that information is power, and with so many information, I am afraid, of the saying 'absolute power corrupts absolutely.' Google 's recent acquisition of military robotic company does not help to diminish that fear.

? BBM channeling at C003910CB (Tiger Daddy)
    medic22003 likes this.
    03-20-14 10:17 AM
    I don't hate Utz Potato Chips for taking shelf space from Ruffles in the grocery store (I hate Utz because the chips have a horrible taste). I don't hate Toyota for "driving" the Pontiac into history. Am I not natural?
    No you're not natural. Kidding but do you eat Ruffles chips ever day and depend on them for your job? Were you a huge fan of Pontiac cars and would only drive that brand? Your points are nonsensical because they aren't remotely related. There are probably some (Pontiac employees or some weird diehard Pontiac fan group) that hate Toyota for putting them out of business. The average consumer might not hate another OS, but I would hardly consider the members of Crackberry the average consumer. It's an extremely loyal fanbase that has been threatened by two other competing OS's which like it or not spurs hatred towards those OSs.

Now I guess you are a diehard Ruffles eater which I'm happy for you and it's too bad about Utz chips taking away shelf space from your ruffles. I'm glad it doesn't bother you though and that you don't hate them for it. Keep eating more and maybe they will take back some shelf space.
    03-20-14 10:17 AM
    why do everybody in here hates Android so much?
    Ignorance.
    03-20-14 10:29 AM
    I HATE ALL platforms....they make me spend MONEY....SMILE
    kbz1960 and BergerKing like this.
    03-20-14 10:30 AM
    I don't even know that I have a preference for any platform. Out of the box, hey all do great things. It's when you start looking for overall functionality that the separation becomes apparent for my needs.

I rely HEAVILY on my smartphones, more than most people I think. The reason I use Android over any other is the control... something most people (including most Android users) just don't need. Lag? Ads? Security? If I had one issue in those areas, I'd move on. Knowing I can control my daily driver is big. I have been sitting on an upgrade for six months because nothing out there is a worthy upgrade to my tweaked (and in phone years) ancient EVO LTE.

But I agree... a lot of the angst seems to stem from a touch of ignorance. It goes in all directions. I never understood iOS till I tried it. Same for WP8. My first foray into another platform post BB was painful, because I myopically tried to view another OS with a BBOS prism. Once I allowed myself to enjoy the new OS, it was fine. I did the same when I switched from Palm to BB.

But yes, I love owning all four platforms, and think they all have something to offer.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-20-14 10:33 AM
    Ignorance.
    not really... there are some good reasons to hate it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-20-14 10:36 AM
    I love how you hear all the time that android is so insecure but yet never get any specifics of someone that has been victimized. It's always somebody's brother's cousin or they read it on the internet......never the one spouting on about how awful android is.

There are plenty of malicious apps I'm sure and even more malicious sites via browser. It all depends on what you choose to use/store/share on any device and what you do while surfing the wild wild web.

Fact is most of the malware android apps are people refusing to pay a dev for a legit copy of the app and searching for a free download to save themselves less than the cost of a cup of coffee. You want to be a pirate.....you risk getting scurvy.

I also refuse to conduct financial transactions on a mobile device. There is nothing other than some random email addresses on my mobile device so come hack it all you want. I am less trusting of the internet and cell providers and their government jesters than I am about the OS on my device.
    03-20-14 10:37 AM
    I love how you hear all the time that android is so insecure but yet never get any specifics of someone that has been victimized. It's always somebody's brother's cousin or they read it on the internet......never the one spouting on about how awful android is.

There are plenty of malicious apps I'm sure and even more malicious sites via browser. It all depends on what you choose to use/store/share on any device and what you do while surfing the wild wild web.

Fact is most of the malware android apps are people refusing to pay a dev for a legit copy of the app and searching for a free download to save themselves less than the cost of a cup of coffee. You want to be a pirate.....you risk getting scurvy.

I also refuse to conduct financial transactions on a mobile device. There is nothing other than some random email addresses on my mobile device so come hack it all you want. I am less trusting of the internet and cell providers and their government jesters than I am about the OS on my device.
    I've said it before: BBRY folks are more terrified about Android malware than Android users are LOL.

Some of the things I see folks here do belies the whole security argument. Scraping the web for apks? I don't care how much I want an app, no sideloading randomly obtained on my Z10. Ever.

But, again, I review Android apps for a living, meaning I have loaded up more apps than most people will ever do. Google can (and should) do a better job, but I have never downloaded malware, and I doubt I ever will. I am not Einstein, but using Android safely can be accomplished, by downloading from reputable sources, avoiding apps with body parts in the title, and paying attention to peer review, which, IMHO, is the greatest tool.
    will92, Cynycl, pankaler and 4 others like this.
    03-20-14 10:45 AM
385 1234 ...