A member of our Spanish club in Barcelona was astonished to see the LE on sale in Phonehouse with the Key2 to come soon they say. The shop is next to the Trade Fair buildings they hold the WMC in.

We normally get news of launches on Crackberry for places like Honduras, Latvia and the Maldive Islands, but with the launch in shops in Spain we haven't heard any news or locally seen any advertising. Phone House has been very quiet. On their website you can buy the models.
    https://www.phonehouse.es/moviles-y-...ackberry.html#
    Incluyes a Dtek, a Q10 and the full Key range!!
    A bit strange there's no oficial news Bla1ze, you got some about this launch?
    Gracias
    Last edited by mrsimon; 07-24-19 at 01:23 AM.
    07-24-19 01:12 AM
    07-24-19 01:42 AM
    This is nice.

Although the website leaves a lot to desire for BlackBerry phones. Going to latest phones no mention nothing at all. But if you search BlackBerry you do get a listing of devices available including KEYone, KEY2 and a white Q10. So they are liquidating "old" stock.

What I did like is seeing in the actual flagship store seeing KEY2LE alongside the iPhone, Xiaomi, Samsung's...etc.

let's hope this continues...
    07-24-19 02:56 AM
    and special discounts on Huawei phones for some reason 😉😂

In theory, this should bode well for a Key3. Why launch in a new market if the company plans to close?

¡¡Vamos Blackberry!!
    Last edited by mrsimon; 07-24-19 at 04:43 AM.
    07-24-19 03:13 AM
    A member of our Spanish club in Barcelona was astonished to see the LE on sale in Phonehouse with the Key2 to come soon they say. The shop is next to the Trade Fair buildings they hold the WMC in.

We normally get news of launches on Crackberry for places like Honduras, Latvia and the Maldive Islands, but with the launch in shops in Spain we haven't heard any news or locally seen any advertising. Phone House has been very quiet. On their website you can buy the models.
    https://www.phonehouse.es/moviles-y-...ackberry.html#
    Incluyes a Dtek, a Q10 and the full Key range!!
    Gracias
    Sounds more like a particular reseller getting some stock rather than a nationally-planned rollout by BBMo.
    07-24-19 09:14 AM
    Sounds more like a particular reseller getting some stock rather than a nationally-planned rollout by BBMo.
    Exactly. The last thing TCL wants is people buying Q10s and DTEKs instead of phones that TCL gets a cut on, so obviously TCL had nothing to do with it.
    07-24-19 12:05 PM
    Can users there not buy via the EU Store?
    07-24-19 01:23 PM
    Not really a 'launch'... the launch for Spain took place when they placed it on the EU site. Just some retailer who decided to put some in-store. You get news about other launches because TCL/BBMo wants it known and pushes out press releases. Seems they didn't feel a need to push such info this time around since it's a seller which is basically just selling off stock from re-sellers. Note how the devices are sold by different vendors.
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-24-19 03:14 PM
    There was no official announcement of TCL's "entry" into the Spanish market.
    07-24-19 03:21 PM
    Yes they can. I purchased a "few" lol KEY2 Red Editions from EU site.
    07-24-19 05:20 PM
    Not really a 'launch'... the launch for Spain took place when they placed it on the EU site. Just some retailer who decided to put some in-store. You get news about other launches because TCL/BBMo wants it known and pushes out press releases. Seems they didn't feel a need to push such info this time around since it's a seller which is basically just selling off stock from re-sellers. Note how the devices are sold by different vendors.
    Right, this to me is like Amazon selling it on their site via the "other sellers" label. That could be me buying stock and selling it on my own via the site. I don't expect anyone to make an announcement for that.
    07-24-19 05:38 PM
    on their website they are using vendors, just like Amazon. However, the thing that makes us think of a launch is the POS material and physical phones on display. If they're done this off their own bat I don't know. It seems likely though, since there's been no official BBMo announcement, as you mentioned. I'll see if I can find out more.
    But, making a device available on the BlackBerry Mobile EU store isn't equivalent to launching it in all EU countries simultaneously. We're talking specific country launches.
    Attached Thumbnails Why hasn't BBMo's launch in Spain been announced? Bla1ze?-25054.jpg  
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-25-19 08:19 AM
    on their website they are using vendors, just like Amazon. However, the thing that makes us think of a launch is the POS material and physical phones on display. If they're done this off their own bat I don't know. It seems likely though, since there's been no official BBMo announcement, as you mentioned. I'll see if I can find out more.
    Good to see the display.... is this one store or a whole chain of stores in the country?

Either way a new retailer isn't quite the same as an actual lauch in the country. But then some of BBMo announcements of those eastern EU countries were just new vendors...
    07-25-19 08:26 AM
    Good to see the display.... is this one store or a whole chain of stores in the country?

Either way a new retailer isn't quite the same as an actual lauch in the country. But then some of BBMo announcements of those eastern EU countries were just new vendors...
    Phone House (Car Phone Warehouse). is a massive chain of mobile / cell phone stores, they are in the UK as well. So, it could well be in that chain nationwide. That's something I'll need to check out. Maybe our agent in Madrid (#rico4you) can verify if it's in the capital too. 😉
    07-25-19 08:31 AM
    Phone House (Car Phone Warehouse). is a massive chain of mobile / cell phone stores, they are in the UK as well. So, it could well be in that chain nationwide. That's something I'll need to check out. Maybe our agent in Madrid (#rico4you) can verify if it's in the capital too. ������
    CPW in the UK was originally a retailer of the KEY2.... they aren't anymore. Maybe they sent the displays and any unsold stock they had to other markets?
    07-25-19 08:48 AM
    CPW in the UK was originally a retailer of the KEY2.... they aren't anymore. Maybe they sent the displays and any unsold stock they had to other markets?
    yes, I first tried out a Keyone there in the UK.
    Yikes !The POS is in English, which is a dead giveaway. So, I reckon your theory is probably right. Sales must have been bad, for them not to sell their stock.
    The price here is in line with the EU store, so not discounted...
    yet!
    07-25-19 09:08 AM
    just checked another Phone House store in Barcelona's massive La Maquinista shopping Centre store, and...

no sign of a Blackberry device, and for that matter, not even a Titan!😆
    the_boon likes this.
    07-26-19 09:22 AM