Enterprise sales do not require consumer advertising. How often do you see IBM advertising?
    They advertise at the US Open for tennis. ._.

BlackBerry Z30 & Z10 | 10.2.1.1055 | C0006E212
    12-12-13 11:50 PM
    I'd like to see at least the Q30 launched for the holidays, maybe BlackBerry has a surprise for everyone this time of year.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 10:03 AM
    I wish, but I am pretty sure BlackBerry is done launching anything until next year. It seems this year has been a wash, there was lots of hope and promise but too many mistakes has left them to restart anew. Lets hope 2014 uses the mistakes of the past to build some success.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    app_Developer and milo53 like this.
    12-13-13 10:22 AM
    BB is bleeding cash these days, and management appears to have decided that the little mass media advertising they did fund wasn't getting much return on investment. At this point I feel that they are simply going to run down their existing device inventory and announce that they will no longer make hardware devices, but will continue to support existing ones.
    JeepBB and milo53 like this.
    12-13-13 11:02 AM
    I'd like to see at least the Q30 launched for the holidays, maybe BlackBerry has a surprise for everyone this time of year.
    If you believe BB is in a position to release a brand-new handset when there are only 10-days before Xmas... well, I'm afraid Santa may be disappointing you this year.
    aniym and kbz1960 like this.
    12-13-13 11:06 AM
    BB is bleeding cash these days, and management appears to have decided that the little mass media advertising they did fund wasn't getting much return on investment. At this point I feel that they are simply going to run down their existing device inventory and announce that they will no longer make hardware devices, but will continue to support existing ones.
    I sort of agree with this, except for the bolded bit.

Such an announcement would be really bad PR, and I reckon it more likely that they'll announce that they are consolidating the sales channels away from carriers... and future sales will be via BB's own website where any of the existing handset models can be purchased. It actually amounts to the same thing as you've suggested, no new models, and a step away from the consumer market ... but my way sounds much more "positive".

And, yes, they'll be a similar "we will continue to support BB10 phones" announcement as they made for the Playbook resulting in irregular OS10.2.x drops in the months ahead.
    12-13-13 11:16 AM
    I sort of agree with this, except for the bolded bit.

Such an announcement would be really bad PR, and I reckon it more likely that they'll announce that they are consolidating the sales channels away from carriers... and future sales will be via BB's own website where any of the existing handset models can be purchased. It actually amounts to the same thing as you've suggested, no new models, and a step away from the consumer market ... but my way sounds much more "positive".

And, yes, they'll be a similar "we will continue to support BB10 phones" announcement as they made for the Playbook resulting in irregular OS10.2.x drops in the months ahead.
    I agree, that would be the best way to spin it.
    12-13-13 11:21 AM
    Chen is still learning the biz, between flights of course, so IMO nothing is happening until there is a plan. It's going to be radical for sure. Until then.....darkness. Don't worry, BB has all the time in the world.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-13-13 04:42 PM
33 12