I don't understand why facebook application for BlackBerry is created and maintenance in house?

I thought it will be the other way around where a company or the owner of that application will create an application for BlackBerry platform.

For example ; netflix application is coming from Netflix.

Any thoughts guys?

? Slicing using my ?
    03-29-14 04:02 PM
    Because there is not enough demand for FB to create a BB10-App? BB on the other hand can't ship their phones, without FB and that's why they had to make the app themselves. Microsoft did the same with WP7, if I remember correctly.
    03-29-14 04:10 PM
    Can you imagine if blackberry came without Facebook. That's why.
    Facebook doesn't have to do squat for blackberry

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-29-14 04:39 PM
    Either way the BlackBerry Facebook app is crap. Just use the mobile website..works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:41 PM
    Yes its pretty bad, I've noticed there's a considerable amount of information on fb pages that isn't displayed in the BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:53 PM
    because Facebook isn't willing to make a bb10 app at this time

Since Facebook is absolutely necessary for a mobile platform, blackberry have therefore built it themselves

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:55 PM
    If bb were a little quicker with bug fix updates, it wouldn't be so bad.. newest update is pretty annoying

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:56 PM
    I don't have a problem with the newest Facebook. Does what I need it to do. I like it

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman and donmateo like this.
    03-29-14 04:57 PM
    I don't understand why facebook application for BlackBerry is created and maintenance in house?

I thought it will be the other way around where a company or the owner of that application will create an application for BlackBerry platform.

For example ; netflix application is coming from Netflix.

Any thoughts guys?

? Slicing using my ?
    cause facebook doesn't give a rats............ about blackberry....
    03-29-14 05:12 PM
    I don't have a problem with the newest Facebook. Does what I need it to do. I like it

Posted via CB10
    But your posts on your wall are all out of order

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:05 PM
    But your posts on your wall are all out of order

Posted via CB10
    On my own wall? Cause there's a button now to change weather you want your news feed to show recent or top stories

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:18 PM
    Don't worry, you're not missing much. I don't find the FB app on Android and iOS that much better than the BB10 version.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:26 PM
    The FB app isn't too bad. I like it. I just wished they fixed the FB app on the PlayBook. My friends profile picture doesn't show.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:40 PM
    On my own wall? Cause there's a button now to change weather you want your news feed to show recent or top stories

Posted via CB10
    On your wall I am referring too..not news feed.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 09:54 PM
    Don't worry, you're not missing much. I don't find the FB app on Android and iOS that much better than the BB10 version.

Posted via CB10
    And that sums it up!

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    03-29-14 10:08 PM
    The legacy Facebook app was made by BlackBerry too and its great.
    To bad, that there are so many bugs in the bb10 version since such a long time.

What im wondering is, at the beginning, the twitter bb10 app, was made by twitter.
    Now in the beta zone it's from BlackBerry?

Wenn du mir sagst, was dort drau�en richtig ist, werde ich nicht mehr versuchen dich zu k�ssen... (Sayumi Whisp) www.sayumi.de
    03-29-14 11:18 PM
    Facebook app is the worst app BlackBerry has made to this date. I hate the new update. News feed skips 5 to 8 hours for me and nothing on my wall is in order. Can't believe they released it like that. They need to put it in the beta zone

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:01 AM
    Facebook app is the worst app BlackBerry has made to this date. I hate the new update. News feed skips 5 to 8 hours for me and nothing on my wall is in order. Can't believe they released it like that. They need to put it in the beta zone

Posted via CB10
    On my laptop, the news also skips hours

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    03-30-14 12:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is NORMAL. Check your FB in your PC
    03-30-14 01:08 AM
    The fb wall is the problem after the new update...status show up in random order..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:26 AM
    That is NORMAL. Check your FB in your PC
    It's not normal when you have your News Feed set to "Most Recent" - it's a bug that started with this update. At least on my phone... That's why I've gone back to using the Android fb app. Works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:37 AM
    On my laptop, the news also skips hours

Does it? I only joined Facebook in September of last year and I'm not on a lot so I haven't noticed but literally right now, my news feed skips from 4 hours to 11 hours lol. WTF happened to everything in between lol

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:42 AM
    Does it? I only joined Facebook in September of last year and I'm not on a lot so I haven't noticed but literally right now, my news feed skips from 4 hours to 11 hours lol. WTF happened to everything in between lol

Posted via CB10
    No lie. I've tried to fix it but does nothing. When set to "most recent " I get news 10 mins ago, 30mins, then 2hours, 12 hours, 18 hours ago.. it's crazy

03-30-14 10:13 AM
    If Facebook is okay with BlackBerry building their app, I wonder why they don't let BlackBerry build a native Instagram app. Also, didn't BlackBerry build the Facebook and Twitter apps for BBOS devices?

I have a WP8 phone for personal use and I think the Facebook app was (or still is) made by Microsoft and not Facebook.

Either way, I find that Facebook is broken on all of my devices (iOS, android, BB10, WP8) after Facebook changed how updates would show up in the newfeed. The only app that seems to work okay is the Facebook app on my Surface 2.

Blackberry Z10: STL100-3, OS 10.2.1.537
    03-30-14 10:59 AM
    I thought it was me. The FB app now does not work properly. If you set the newsfeed to most recent my posts just vanish. My "most recent" newsfeed is 22 hours old. Crap.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:07 AM
31 12