Ooo kewl!

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    12-06-13 10:22 AM
    Why is everyone excited about the iPhone6?? ...

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    12-06-13 10:42 AM
    Why is everyone excited about the iPhone6?? ...

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    I'm not lol

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-06-13 11:20 AM
    I can't wait for the Z50, I'm thinking if I should hold out for it or just get the Z30 though it's not yet being offered by carriers here in the Philippines.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:45 AM
    Somebody I'm chatting to on BBM swears that the Q10 replacement won't have a square screen. While I admit it will be larger, I'd wager it'll have a square screen.

Thoughts?
    12-10-13 04:25 PM
    my sources told me that they are beyond 1080p now and working on something thats impressive other than the screen resolution
    12-10-13 05:25 PM
    Quadcore not really needed other than to show that one can play the spec game. What will really get people talking is not the $900 quad-core behemoth from BlackBerry. It will be the 2+GHz dual-core, with 2GB RAM and 16GB (maybe 32) storage that will sell for $200 (or less) off contract. They don't have to make a huge margin in profit. The actual specs could be updated, but I think if they want to even gain a niche market they are going to have to cater to a wider range of users than the wealthier business types or the diehards. If we looked at the Kantar reports (in another thread) it showed gains for Android and Windows Phone. Why? Not because of their 5" Quad-core behemoth offerings. Nope. It is their 4" dual core cheap offering that can do the same thing (mostly) as their bigger brothers that are selling. So I'm talking cheap android devices and 500 series nokias. That is where the growth is. Besides, don't they know that managers want to give their employees the cheap phones and get the big expensive ones for themselves?

I love the prospect of a big quad-core, but would rejoice at a sub $200 phone that still offers the great BB10 OS. BB doesn't need quad core processors. They NEED marketshare.
    Exactly people like to feel they'Re getting good value for their money.

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    12-10-13 11:49 PM
    http://m.technobuffalo.com/2013/12/1...ia-smartphone/

Looks like the Z50 already has a direct display size competitor.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 01:39 AM
    http://m.technobuffalo.com/2013/12/1...ia-smartphone/

Looks like the Z50 already has a direct display size competitor.

Posted via CB10
    Well it already had one like 3 months ago with the LG G2 lol

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:09 AM
    Somebody I'm chatting to on BBM swears that the Q10 replacement won't have a square screen. While I admit it will be larger, I'd wager it'll have a square screen.

Thoughts?
    What will you wager ? Very difficult to make much of a screen size improvement with a square screen. Not worth the effort I think.
    12-13-13 12:20 AM
    Why are people excited with the rumored Z50 and Q30?

Because they're new BlackBerrys and many of us here on CrackBerry have a very real, very sick addiction to BlackBerrys.
    12-13-13 12:51 AM
    What will you wager ? Very difficult to make much of a screen size improvement with a square screen. Not worth the effort I think.
    I'd say it'll go up to 4.1 inches? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    12-13-13 07:01 PM
    I'd say it'll go up to 4.1 inches? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    A square screen of 4.1 inches would be 2.9 X 2.9 inches . IMO adding basically 3/4 of an inch to the width of the Q10 would make for a really wide phone. It would be wider than a Note 3. A great typing device but not such a good phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 12-14-13 at 11:30 AM.
    12-14-13 01:43 AM
    I don't get why everyone is now excited for a Quad Core and 1080p BlackBerry smartphone when so many people were bashing these ideas when the rumored specs for the Z30 were leaked a few months ago. I'm excited for sure, but I don't get why the people saying that you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, BB doesn't need quad core, you don't need more than 2GB of ram, etc are excited about the rumored specs of the next gen BB devices?
    People were excited about time travel at one point, some still are. Most lost the excitement once they realised it's never going to happen.

True story.
    12-14-13 01:50 AM
    Looking forward to having Q30 in China. Currently I am using Q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:26 AM
    I wonder if there will be a Z50 and Q30... or if Chen would want to "start again" and get new branding for BB phones
    12-14-13 11:37 AM
    I wonder if there will be a Z50 and Q30... or if Chen would want to "start again" and get new branding for BB phones
    I'm not sure, but I think a re-branding would be good if they actually get a competent marketing department. I think a numbered naming scheme would be good.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-14-13 12:59 PM
    my sources told me that they are beyond 1080p now and working on something thats impressive other than the screen resolution
    4k resolution?
    12-14-13 01:09 PM
    4k resolution?
    2k would be a little more plausible considering the rumored S5 is supposed to have it

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 02:00 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think a re-branding would be good if they actually get a competent marketing department. I think a numbered naming scheme would be good.

Posted via CB10
    althought it would be a dangerous move, it at least would erase the "bb10 failiure" from the brand
    12-14-13 02:08 PM
    4k resolution?
    A HTC one with 1080p is already 468ppi, wich is quite a bit more than what your eyes can see when using your phone "normaly" (not with your face at 1 inch from the screen to try and spot the pixels)... so 4K would be completely useless, or even a liability, since 4k would demand so much more from the processor, slowing the phone down, and draining the batery quicker for no particular benefict.

Is like the useless 41MP camera on the Nokia Lumia 1020, in real world usage for a camera phone, is barely better if any better than a Iphone 5S camera. There's a reason why the flagship Nikon camera (6000$ for you) is only 16.2 MP, and pics look 10x shaper than in any other phone... More megapixels = means smaller pixels = each pixel less sensible to light = More image noise = worse picture quality....
    12-14-13 02:13 PM
    A HTC one with 1080p is already 468ppi, wich is quite a bit more than what your eyes can see when using your phone "normaly" (not with your face at 1 inch from the screen to try and spot the pixels)... so 4K would be completely useless, or even a liability, since 4k would demand so much more from the processor, slowing the phone down, and draining the batery quicker for no particular benefict.

Is like the useless 41MP camera on the Nokia Lumia 1020, in real world usage for a camera phone, is barely better if any better than a Iphone 5S camera. There's a reason why the flagship Nikon camera (6000$ for you) is only 16.2 MP, and pics look 10x shaper than in any other phone... More megapixels = means smaller pixels = each pixel less sensible to light = More image noise = worse picture quality....
    Good point, but remember the 1020 is a niche product and even Nokia basically knows that. It's more marketed towards people that want to replace a dslr camera.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 03:06 PM
    althought it would be a dangerous move, it at least would erase the "bb10 failiure" from the brand
    I just want something that makes sense lol I still don't get how they jump from Z10 to Z30

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 03:07 PM
    Good point, but remember the 1020 is a niche product and even Nokia basically knows that. It's more marketed towards people that want to replace a dslr camera.

Posted via CB10
    It barely replaces a point and shoot camera, never a SLR... SLR would is more of a enthusiat camera, someone that looks at photographyas for example a hobby... 1020 could be a replacement to the smaller point and shoot cameras. But I would advise you, that today's point and shoot cameras, have superior quality to a 1020. The 1020 would have been a great phone with a cool camera to take on holidays, but the high megapixel count kinda destroyed a good oportunity to make a great replacement. Low light pictures, whn you load them on a PC, look very poor, 1020's big camera sensor would have been very good if they limited the mega pixel count to be under 10mp or so... It would produce so much better pics.

As a photographer, I would advise people to not feel to atracted by the 1020 camera, buy a cheaper WP phone (if that's the operative system you want), and save for a Canon S120, they have droped the price, and is a wonderfull camera, it takes great pictures, i've tested one myself despite being a nikon user.

I would also invite you to like my facebook page (sorry for the shameless self promotion )
    https://www.facebook.com/JoaoOliveiraPhotography
    12-14-13 03:58 PM
    A square screen of 4.1 inches would be 2.9 X 2.9 inches . IMO adding basically 3/4 of an inch to the width of the Q10 would make for a really wide phone. It would be wider than a Note 3. A great typing device but not such a good phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    I have a feeling BlackBerry will squeeze a larger screen into a body of the same physical dimensions as the Q10.

Look at the Nexus 5, it's a 5" screen in a body not much bigger then the Nexus 4. It can be done with good engineering.
    Two words: thinner bezels.
    12-15-13 06:38 PM
108 12345