I don't get why everyone is now excited for a Quad Core and 1080p BlackBerry smartphone when so many people were bashing these ideas when the rumored specs for the Z30 were leaked a few months ago. I'm excited for sure, but I don't get why the people saying that you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, BB doesn't need quad core, you don't need more than 2GB of ram, etc are excited about the rumored specs of the next gen BB devices?
    11-19-13 09:13 AM
    Perhaps because they are just rumors and probably will never see the light of day? I think I witnessed their 'creation' in a thread in this very forum!

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    Premium1 likes this.
    11-19-13 09:33 AM
    Perhaps because they are just rumors and probably will never see the light of day? I think I witnessed their 'creation' in a thread in this very forum!

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    I'm not really buying it because its too early right now. That would be good if true, but remember the very first "Aristo" rumors?
    11-19-13 10:52 AM
    Because the q10 is incomplete with a small screen , i regret going from z10 to q10 , had to get a nexus 5 to get the big screen , now i wait for q30 and z50 ..
    11-19-13 02:16 PM
    I, for one, would like a larger q10, so a q30 should fit the bill nicely.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-19-13 02:23 PM
    I don't get why everyone is now excited for a Quad Core and 1080p BlackBerry smartphone when so many people were bashing these ideas when the rumored specs for the Z30 were leaked a few months ago. I'm excited for sure, but I don't get why the people saying that you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, BB doesn't need quad core, you don't need more than 2GB of ram, etc are excited about the rumored specs of the next gen BB devices?
    Maybe because the everyone who bashed are not the same people who are excited?

I'd still rather get the z30 personally...
    11-19-13 02:30 PM
    Because they are new and shiny and one of the great pleasures of hanging out in these forums is to speculate about what's coming next. The Z30 was a disappointment in my book and if Blackberry cannot keep up with the competition it is a really big deal to enthusiasts. What comes next really matters.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    11-19-13 02:31 PM
    I'm of the opinion that BlackBerry 10 phones don't need the extra processing power and 1080p, but like most people, any extra bells and whistles are exciting and cool. Just because I don't need heated seats in my car doesn't mean they're not a "nice to have" item; and just like BlackBerry 10 doesn't need a 1080p screen doesn't mean the prospect is bad.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    11-19-13 02:35 PM
    I'm of the opinion that BlackBerry 10 phones don't need the extra processing power and 1080p, but like most people, any extra bells and whistles are exciting and cool. Just because I don't need heated seats in my car doesn't mean they're not a "nice to have" item; and just like BlackBerry 10 doesn't need a 1080p screen doesn't mean the prospect is bad.

JB

That's good and I agree, but I just didn't why people were so strongly against those features. Now that the next devices are "rumored" to have it it's no longer a problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:46 PM
    Maybe because the everyone who bashed are not the same people who are excited?

I'd still rather get the z30 personally...
    Of course, but there seems to be a general positive feedback from this rumor. Whereas with the Z30 people were against it having top of the line specs lol.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-19-13 02:47 PM
    That's good and I agree, but I just didn't why people were so strongly against those features. Now that the next devices are "rumored" to have it it's no longer a problem.

Posted via CB10
    They were against them because BlackBerry didn't have them.....

Its like when everyone said that 1GB was all the memory that an optimized OS should need.... but because the Z10 launched with 2GB they now think that is a great thing. They forget that 1 GB would have been better for power usage or that the requirement of 2GB indicates that the OS is not very optimized (especially seeing that Kit-Kat can run on 512MB of RAM and seems to offer more features).
    11-19-13 02:56 PM
    Why not get excited? There's been so much gloom surrounding BlackBerry recently, the hope of some new toys is a nice change.

Personally, I wish I was hearing leaks about premium materials, rather than more cores.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:19 PM
    Because this is crackberry forum. If the specs are mediocre we say os 10 is so awesome we don't need cutting-edge specs. If there's leaked information about a blackberry with great specs we're like Hell Ya! This is spin city.

Posted via CB10
    wtrmlnjuc and 8lackberry8 like this.
    11-20-13 08:53 PM
    Because this is crackberry forum. If the specs are mediocre we say os 10 is so awesome we don't need cutting-edge specs. If there's leaked information about a blackberry with great specs we're like Hell Ya! This is spin city.

Posted via CB10
    Isnt every fansite spin city by default??

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    clickitykeys and kbz1960 like this.
    11-20-13 09:23 PM
    Isnt every fansite spin city by default??

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    What does that have to do with anything related to the thread? And that's definitely not true, but considering that BB10 has the ability to run android apps you better believe Android and Google Play will be brought up in the discussion.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 10:03 PM
    What does that have to do with anything related to the thread? And that's definitely not true, but considering that BB10 has the ability to run android apps you better believe Android and Google Play will be brought up in the discussion.

Posted via CB10
    Might want to read the post above mine....

He made a point that when a BlackBerry didnt have the specs they werent needed but when its rumored people get all excited. Thats where the "spin"was mentioned im merely responding with what most will readily admit.
    Imore is for apple fans, android central sameas here.

As for the very last part of my post its my sig of choice because after a few searches ive realized that andriod and google play do indeed get a lot of play here (a blackberry forum of all places)
    I just think it's funny. What may be true for one person is not necessarily the case for everyone otherwise foruns would serve no purpose.

11-21-13 12:14 AM
    Have had a Z10 since shortly after its launch. Really grew on me with every BB10 update. Now at 10.2.4.something it's definitely rocking.

Was looking forward to getting the Z30. But began to lose interest with specs release and overall look of the phone. But was still interested in the bigger screen and dark theme AMOLED goodness.

Then to my surprise the rumor/article posting on CrackBerry front page of the Z50 with a 5.2 inch screen. Well I think I'll be able to hold off on the Z30 for now. As the Z50 will most likely be my next phone.

Posted via a ZeDex
    11-21-13 12:23 AM
    Its always nice to have new shiny gadgets. One can dream/fantasize about what their ideal BlackBerry phone could be right? Be it keypad or touchscreen.
    11-21-13 12:37 AM
    I think I can shed some light (hopefully):

While it's true that BB10 doesn't need EVERYCOREEVARR to run smoothly, it would be extra ammunition against reasons to not get a BB10 device if the device had impressive specs.

When it was reporting the the Z30 would not have the latest specs, people here were saying that it's okay because the OS is optimised so that the latest specs aren't necessary to operate...while this is true - it does make the current attitude towards the rumoured devices seems supicious.

Though there are obvious advantages behind better specs:

1. Play the latest games etc. better.
    2. Shut the spec-freaks up
    3. Contribute to your ego (I can't use the analogy I want unless I want another infraction XD )

I would actually love for the Z50 to have the latest and greatest specs so I can laugh about my phone being far more powerful as well as not covered in iDroid-AIDS (I checked, it's been more than 20 years; AIDS is officially funny)

While I still respect Android and iOS, it's not my slice of cake.

I want to be able to launch the benchmarks and go: "HA! Your monster-phone was beaten by A BLACKBERRY!"

Yes...I'm very childish. Leave me alone...I'm typing this from my pillow-fort!
    vaioman and wtrmlnjuc like this.
    11-21-13 07:03 AM
    I'm just hoping a new qwerty phone is available in 1.5 years when my upgrade is ready with my carrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:35 AM
    Might want to read the post above mine....

He made a point that when a BlackBerry didnt have the specs they werent needed but when its rumored people get all excited. Thats where the "spin"was mentioned im merely responding with what most will readily admit.
    Imore is for apple fans, android central sameas here.

As for the very last part of my post its my sig of choice because after a few searches ive realized that andriod and google play do indeed get a lot of play here (a blackberry forum of all places)
    I just think it's funny. What may be true for one person is not necessarily the case for everyone otherwise foruns would serve no purpose.

Oh sorry I didn't know that was your signature. It's kind of hard to tell on the cb10 app.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    ...or perhaps it's because BlackBerry 10 is awesome with mediocre specs, so it will be absolutely phenomenal with cutting edge ones?

It can only get better, why is it a bad thing to be excited about improvement?

JB

11-21-13 02:25 PM
    Z10 is pretty well implemented as a first phone . Should not be engrossed with specs but focus on user experiences

The 8 mp for iPhone triumph over galaxy out there. Just an example .

The biggest issue will be apps . Wp8 with such a deep resource still have problems getting people on board , that I think will be the killer

Qwerty is their strength and shouldn't that be flagship ? Q50 !
    anon8091350 likes this.
    11-23-13 08:56 PM
    I do not agree with the people that argue that Z30 is not a step fw for the BlackBerry device portfolio. I had the Z10 and there is no comparison. But still BlackBerry in on the catch up game... definitely there is not much need for processing power BUT there is a lot room for improvement on the display specs and performance. I'm a power user and I enjoy having my phone with no extra battery charge the whole day. Specially compared with my wife's iPhone 5 -s that needs mid day charging.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-28-13 02:06 PM
    I think the specs are exciting because of the new android runtime capabilities. The more power, the better they run. Although most run just fine if you ask me, any edge in the hardware department can only help!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:13 PM
108 123 ...