You gotta be stupid as hell to think "oh blackberry might be gone soon I better buy an android..." why??? if blackberry EVER fails so badly that they will have to go bankrupt WHY do you think blackberry 10 OS will be done?? What's wrong with you? They will probably will license the OS to third parties and they will build the devices for the OS... I mean are we really gonna miss out if blackberry won't manufactore the device rather then let's say Asus, LG, HTC or Sony?? don't think so they can make just as good touchscreens as blackberry

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 08:49 PM
    Take Webos for an example. Sure it will still be around but it maybe a long slow death as support and development slowly fades away.

Posted via CB10
    schmeat and BlackberryPig like this.
    10-12-13 09:10 PM
    You know, when your very first sentence contains "you gotta be stupid as hell" you just make yourself look worse than anyone you may be talking about AND completely invalidate any point you were trying to make.
    10-12-13 09:14 PM
    it wont be gone but there is a chance that if BB gets split up for parts bb10 would effectively be halted. I think that is where the fear comes from
    Poirots Progeny and kbz1960 like this.
    10-12-13 09:14 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have to go bankrupt for BB10 to end. All it would take is for the new owners to realize that, at best, BB10 is probably the 5th most popular mobile OS. It's still way behind BB7 in sales.

Think about that. It's a minority choice even among BlackBerry's own customers. It doesn't make money, so there is a real question how much the new owners will want to invest in it.

Or, as for the other alternative, if BlackBerry is sold for pieces, who would want to pick up this unprofitable piece?
    bbq10l, Etios, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    10-12-13 09:26 PM
    Either bb DID fail - as in the core revenue stream is collapsing , the markets are dropped off a cliff, such that over half the employees are gone, OR many of us on CB, analysts, media, stockholders, and the bb board itself are just doing it for fun... Each person can decide for themselves which is accurate.

BB as we knew it is ALREADY GONE . Not even considering the sale, it has already been fundamentally altered - unless you really think that losing over half your staff really doesn't make a difference. I know that is lost on some people, but it is the truth.
    10-12-13 09:28 PM
    I'm still trying to hope for the best. In reality, I can understand why people would think BlackBerry won't be around much longer. Just search the Web for BlackBerry news. It's pretty easy to come to this conclusion prematurely. Thousands of articles state doom and gloom.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:33 PM
    I don't see BB will be gone. BB10 has the best security in the world. Canadian government would not let it die because they depend on BB's encryption technology. I can see the company going private but they will still make phones and security systems.
    10-12-13 09:46 PM
    I don't see BB will be gone. BB10 has the best security in the world. Canadian government would not let it die because they depend on BB's encryption technology. I can see the company going private but they will still make phones and security systems.
    But when you say the Canadian govt (and other govts) depend on BB, you're really talking about BB5, 6, and 7, right? And BES?

Nobody is dependent on BB10. BlackBerry can continue as a small private company. I completely agree with you on that point.

But that doesn't mean BB10 will necessarily continue.
    10-12-13 09:49 PM
    I like BB10... but without an ecosystem it is not a mobile platform.

I bet in a couple of months new apps will disappear... and updates to existing apps are most likely going to be put on hold. So the end of BB10 has already started.

Posted via CB10
    richardat, bbq10l and Etios like this.
    10-12-13 09:50 PM
    I can't see it happening the way webos went.

Take Webos for an example. Sure it will still be around but it maybe a long slow death as support and development slowly fades away.

Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-12-13 09:52 PM
    You gotta be stupid as hell to think "oh blackberry might be gone soon I better buy an android..." why??? if blackberry EVER fails so badly that they will have to go bankrupt WHY do you think blackberry 10 OS will be done?? What's wrong with you? They will probably will license the OS to third parties and they will build the devices for the OS... I mean are we really gonna miss out if blackberry won't manufactore the device rather then let's say Asus, LG, HTC or Sony?? don't think so they can make just as good touchscreens as blackberry

Posted via CB10
    You try and make it sound like those other hardware manufacturers are currently being denied by BlackBerry to license BB10 and that there is some kind of line up waiting to be allowed by BlackBerry.
    10-12-13 09:55 PM
    I see where there may be some fear of getting a BB10 device now but how could everyone not want to give the BB10 experience a shot. Besides the lack of some big name apps, the OS is amazing!

#IchooseBlackberry10

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 10:05 PM
    Even if people stopped developing for BB10 outright, being able to side-load Android apps is one wholesome step further away from having to use Android that I'll take any day.
    badiyee likes this.
    10-12-13 10:15 PM
    I see where there may be some fear of getting a BB10 device now but how could everyone not want to give the BB10 experience a shot. Besides the lack of some big name apps, the OS is amazing!
    How? Easy. Because that "shot" requires money which people would rather spend on a phone that is thriving and has a lot more to offer.

People don't buy phones for the OS. It can play a factor when choosing between 2 phones that are closely matched, but it can't make up for other glaring deficiencies. What good is an OS when you have very few worthy apps to use on it? Would you buy a computer that only offers an e-mail client, a browser and a media player? Would Windows 7 (or any other computer Operating System) and those limited applications be enough for you to dismiss all the other software you can't run?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-13 10:47 PM
    Lol... Some panic people afraid of losing BB10 support, they jumped ship.

This is what i did in the worst case scenario.

1. Get the latest BB10 (Z30, Z10 or Q10). I'm getting myself a Z30.
    2. Download all the leaks and save it in your pc.
    3. Download and save all the APK files you can get your hands on.
    4. Use Darcy tools or sachesi to load leaks and ddpb for side loads.
    5. Disconnect bbid (stop using bbm or related and don't update)
    6. Use phone for the next few years.

Hey, you've already bought the phone outright.. Why waste money on something still functional? It's not like your phone will go bust or disfunctional if BlackBerry go south. Use it as it is. You don't need to depend on manufacturer unless if the phone is buggy as heck..
    I still have friends using gingerbread and on OS5... Still using it as their daily driver.

Just use your phone as it is. If BlackBerry go south, u can still use it as usual. And if you need apps, sideload it...
    badiyee likes this.
    10-13-13 12:10 AM
    I like BB10... but without an ecosystem it is not a mobile platform.

I bet in a couple of months new apps will disappear... and updates to existing apps are most likely going to be put on hold. So the end of BB10 has already started.

Posted via CB10
    It can be a niche player on highly secure works with a personal zone with tons of Android ported apps that run just as fine as on a android device. And this is for the worst.

I am Zeeing things. There I Zed it.
    10-13-13 02:41 AM
    license BB10 ?

webOS never find any company who want to pay the license.

while microsoft paying then buying nokia to keep them still using WP8 and right now they persuade HTC to use WP8 for free without paying any license fee

besides BB already offering other company BB10 available for others. but there still no sign any company interested.
    10-13-13 04:40 AM
    Aren't there plans to revive webOS in the coming years?
    10-13-13 04:58 AM
    I don't see BB will be gone. BB10 has the best security in the world.
    Unless you are connected to a BES10 server, BB10's security is no better or worse than Android or iOS. BBOS is more secure for non-BES users because one is connected through BIS.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-13-13 09:36 AM
    Webos had a bad luck with apotheker. BlackBerry still got hope and money as long as it stays independent. Once bought, it will probably no more.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:38 AM
    ...because mass consumers are not interested in BB10 because of low app support. That's why BB10 will be discontinued most probably.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:49 AM
    I think it all depends on if they can scale costs down low enough to profit on the declined sales numbers. Most analysts are saying that they cant. Some say that they can. I think if there was going to be licensing of bb10 by other companies it would have been done by now. The company says that they will have shaved a billion dollars of cost off the book by next year. I think that BlackBerry being in the area that they are in waterloo, they will still attract talent. It just needs to transition into a smaller business. Given time and less media attention when the company goes private i think bb10 will continue to develop and sales will pick up.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    10-13-13 10:10 AM
    They will probably will license the OS to third parties and they will build the devices for the OS.
    I can see the pitch already. "Come license BB10 from us. Sure, we haven't been able to sell it on our own BlackBerry devices despite our millions of loyal customers, but we're sure that you can succeed where we have failed. You don't want to build too many units though, just in case."
    richardat, JeepBB and Etios like this.
    10-13-13 10:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are we stupid??? Even kevin started to be low profile on crackberry... Lol
    He is just playing safe now....

Where is the troll killer.. Where is his insghts and leaks, where is his detailed reviews???

Lol all over d world, now infact blackberry management and rest others are also thinking d same mate.

Anyways, i wish it will survive as a niche player even.still no one makes keyboard better than bb.
    10-13-13 11:06 AM
49 12