Because my pocket isn't that big and I don't want to be mugged, as much as I loved BB10 my Nexus has replaced it for everything but App development (obvious one) and Music at home.

Also, the whole "you tried this App, Paul?"
    "Nah mate, my phone won't run it".

Got tired of that on a loop
    07-24-16 04:50 PM
    Because some here are getting sicker of workarounds....

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 05:27 PM
    Also, the whole "you tried this App, Paul?"
    "Nah mate, my phone won't run it".

Got tired of that on a loop
    This is the real-world scenario that many of us BB10 enthusiasts come up against frequently.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    07-24-16 07:00 PM
    It's a bigger deal to keep two devices charged and in your possession than you may think, OP. Just MHO.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-24-16 07:15 PM
    Browser is too weak now for me to use it as a primary device let alone replace a laptop. If they'd ever update it I'd use it again but still couldn't replace a laptop.
    I watch TV in the passport Bb10 browser and do everything else that I do in my macbook browsers.
    07-24-16 07:19 PM
    It's a bigger deal to keep two devices charged and in your possession than you may think, OP. Just MHO.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Yes. I agree. Even carrying a charger for a phone is a big drag.
    That's why a single device: a laptop, tablet, phone and smart watch combo is what the industry should come up with.
    But it's not in their interest to butcher their own products and markets.
    If and when foldable displays and touchless gesture control become feasible, such a device combo will definitely be doable.
    07-24-16 08:05 PM
    How about we get one device that works for everything? Just one.
    Agreed. I loved my Classic but I didn't want to carry my phone along with my Lenovo tablet. I want one device that fits all of my needs and is convenient. The Priv fits the bill for me and it is a gorgeous device too. Very happy with it.

Posted via my Priv
    07-24-16 08:13 PM
    My plan is to order bb10 phones for as long as I can find them. But for apps, I can easily do everything on a iPad or android tablet.

Literally every app can work on a tablet except for whatsapp, right?

Posted via CB10
    While I'm sure majority of people would like that setup, it's not convenient and mobile for most people and most of the time.

I know for me personally, I couldn't have a tablet on me at all times, I run around at work and having my phone is the only device I move around with. If I had a tablet, it would probably break.
    07-24-16 09:22 PM
    My plan is to order bb10 phones for as long as I can find them. But for apps, I can easily do everything on a iPad or android tablet.

Literally every app can work on a tablet except for whatsapp, right?

Posted via CB10
    or, Why can't the A-holes at Blackberry put out a phone that doesn't require two years of tinkering by the users before it works? I bought a Priv but it worked like crap and I refuse to own a phone that doesn't work, I refuse to own a phone that requires years of tinkering, ever again. The minute someone comes out with a physical keyboard Android that honestly works out of the box I'm there. I love my Passport and after two years the OS is a rock, but I am done working for BB to help them create a viable OS as all of us have been! I'm getting weary of not being able to have universal streaming on a phone. Is streaming everything for me? No, but I would use it off and on, but this is not going to happen on BB10. I seriously wanted the Priv to work, to be a success but Blackberry cannot even put out a Android phone on the mature Android OS without major crap and need for the users to help BB find all the defects. Well guess what, the majority of people no longer want a phone to tinker with, they want a phone for fun, for streaming, for music, for fb! I wanted to help BB by buying a Priv as I've always loved their hardware (phones), built like bricks, my wife drops her Z30 three times a day, it's in a cheap bumper but not a crack and not a scratch and she has been dropping the darn thing for almost two years! Now I'm waiting for this new BB/Android that is supposed to be similar to Passport, but in the mean time I may just buy a Nexus 6 or 6P, FU blackberry u r killing me, I want to love u but ur crapping on me!
    07-25-16 06:56 AM
    Companies need to be able to adapt to users needs, they can't expect users to adapt to their limitations.

Sorry but with my new phone I've found that I use my tablet a lot less. And rarely leave home with it anymore.

Maybe if BlackBerry were to fix Blend so it worked on newer Android and iOS tablets... a few might chose to do as you asked OP. But afraid you are fighting a battle that BlackBerry has all ready pulled out of ....
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-25-16 07:25 AM
    I watch TV in the passport Bb10 browser and do everything else that I do in my macbook browsers.
    Yeah and you can do that on any phone's browser. The BB10 browser while at one time was great, is now a poor excuse for one because of the neglect of it by Blackberry.
    PantherBlitz and Mecca EL like this.
    07-25-16 08:34 AM
    I was doing this but Priv does it all in one device. Best of BB10 with Android power. Get a Priv.. Amazing phone.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-25-16 09:12 AM
    Yeah and you can do that on any phone's browser. The BB10 browser while at one time was great, is now a poor excuse for one because of the neglect of it by Blackberry.
    I guess you can extrapolate that to the macbook then.
    07-25-16 09:16 AM
    Companies need to be able to adapt to users needs, they can't expect users to adapt to their limitations.

Sorry but with my new phone I've found that I use my tablet a lot less. And rarely leave home with it anymore.

Maybe if BlackBerry were to fix Blend so it worked on newer Android and iOS tablets... a few might chose to do as you asked OP. But afraid you are fighting a battle that BlackBerry has all ready pulled out of ....
    Blend works fine on my Macbook 12 inch which was released in 2015.
    I for one don't see the benefit of Blend. I'd rather use my Passport than my Mac to read and answer emails. The keyboard is better!

I also have both my Mac and my Passports encrypted, so I cannot transfer files between them anyway, unless I de-encrypt both, a very tedious and lengthy exercise.

It's much easier to transfer encrypted files between my Linux laptop and my bB10 devices without blend via my local wi-fi network. It automatically de-encrypts them. That's how I back up my pictures, files and music. No cloud or external networks involved.

I don't know how secure Blend is if data travels to BlackBerry servers across the world when I read my cellphone on my Mac and viceversa.
    Last edited by sorinv; 07-25-16 at 09:43 AM.
    07-25-16 09:18 AM
    I've been using a Nexus 9 LTE tablet for the past 8 months along with my Z30 and I've had enough and I can't wait to get a new Android phone, regardless if it's a new BB or another Android device my use of BB10 will end by the end of August.. It's really impractical carrying both these types of devices that are on different operating systems, I have my work and personal email on both so I'm clearing notifications on multiple devices, my Garmin watch doesn't work with the Z30 so it's only connected to the tablet so I don't get the added feature of seeing incoming calls. I take pictures with my Z30 then I have to SMS them to my Nexus 9 so that I can post on Instagram (I'm not one to take out a 9" tablet to take pictures with).

I think for me, nirvana would be an Android phone in the ~5.5" size and then an LTE Android Smart Watch so when I'm our running or biking or I forget my phone at home I can still connect with the watch. That makes a lot more sense to me than having a phone + Tablet.
    07-25-16 09:21 AM
    I still think the browser is ok but ya... an update or two to keep it from falling would be nice.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-25-16 09:23 AM
    I have to say.. Using the PlayBook with an old school BlackBerry was pretty nice, in the day.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    Mecca EL and anon(5597702) like this.
    07-25-16 09:23 AM
    OP if you are going to be carrying a tablet anyway, why not just get a LTE tablet, Bluetooth headset and sip client.
    That way you can get rid of your smartphone and just use one device.

Or, if you really want a smartphone just get one that is fit for purpose.
    07-25-16 10:03 AM
    Unfortunately that's not an option. We're down to pick a BlackBerry Android or pick another brand of Android or IOS.
    No love for Windows?
    07-25-16 10:53 AM
    I guess you can extrapolate that to the macbook then.
    Sure, if you want to. You could extrapolate that to any browser. The difference would be are those browsers being updated. In the case of the Macbook, yes. BB10's not so much and it will continue to degrade over time.
    Last edited by donnation; 07-25-16 at 02:36 PM.
    07-25-16 10:57 AM
    As someone earlier said, it's because they want the apps on thier phone!! I love my passport and it's keyboard and screen, but use it less and less in favour of my work iphone now, as you will know the iphone is awful for typing, ok for multitasking but awesome at everything else unfortunately!

Swiped on my Passport!
    07-25-16 02:43 PM
    That what I've been doing for years. Lol
    Same here. I can see and do much more on the tablet anyway. Much much easier for reading ebooks. No longer lug a laptop city to city. The Passport us used mostly for phone calls.
    Currently carrying the Lenovo Yoga Tab Pro 3 with the pico projector.
    DaDaDogg likes this.
    07-25-16 03:59 PM
    I can see why they did it, but it's really too bad BB killed flash support; being able to use flash-supported web apps alongside BB10 apps would mitigate much of the app gap without having to resort to side loading
    07-25-16 05:02 PM
    Been doing that for years. But my iPad lives next to my bed for games and reading.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    07-25-16 05:05 PM
    I don't find the BB10 browser to be an issue. If I happen to run into a flash issue, I open in Firefox
    07-25-16 05:31 PM
64 123