Hi, I have the blackberry passport, I was using Miracast to be able to watch a movie that I have on my blackberry, but the only problem is that what I see on my TV is a square from the blackberry, which is fine, but went I want to see a movie is kind of annoying watch the square instead of full screen, so my question is there is anyway to be able to expand the screen or to be able to watch full screen on my TV instead of the square.

Thanks
    07-14-15 06:04 PM
    Hi, I have the blackberry passport, I was using Miracast to be able to watch a movie that I have on my blackberry, but the only problem is that what I see on my TV is a square from the blackberry, which is fine, but went I want to see a movie is kind of annoying watch the square instead of full screen, so my question is there is anyway to be able to expand the screen or to be able to watch full screen on my TV instead of the square.

Thanks
    I've only used Miracast from my Passport for doing presentations, but I always have to both fiddle around on the phone as well as with the big screen (usually a TV). And different TV's seem to deal with the Miracast screen sizes adjustments differently (eg Sony Bravia vs latest Samsung).

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    wdiazmarin likes this.
    07-14-15 07:46 PM

Thanks
    Yes, you can. When you open the movie in the video player, go to the overflow menu and select "Play on". That'll do it.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-15-15 06:57 AM
    Passport has a square display but the video on HDTV is not necessarily square - click on the up arrow on your device video screen & switch to 16:9 mode on HDTV - renders full screen - tried & tested whilst using Miracast
    06-13-18 05:46 AM