It's so annoying that the hub only saves like the last month's worth of emails and doesn't allow you to search through older emails! So to do so you have to log in to your email address via the browser...
    Anyone know how to alter Hub settings for it to allow full access to your emails?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 05:00 PM
    It's so annoying that the hub only saves like the last month's worth of emails and doesn't allow you to search through older emails! So to do so you have to log in to your email address via the browser...
    Anyone know how to alter Hub settings for it to allow full access to your emails?
    When you first setup the email account, you can go into Advanced Settings and set it to Forever, and you'll have every email that the server has. It'll take a bit of time to grab them though. I'm not sure how you would set it after the fact, but you can delete the account and set it up again, just making sure you do Advanced Settings.
    05-28-14 05:07 PM
    I didn't think the op was right about this. I think it can sync forever ...
    05-28-14 05:11 PM
    When you first setup the email account, you can go into Advanced Settings and set it to Forever, and you'll have every email that the server has. It'll take a bit of time to grab them though. I'm not sure how you would set it after the fact, but you can delete the account and set it up again, just making sure you do Advanced Settings.
    You can set that just by editing it.
    05-28-14 05:15 PM
    Yeah I had the same problem but it's not that big a problem for me any more

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 06:08 PM
    You can set that just by editing it.
    How?
    I cannot see an option for that..
    (IMAP)

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 06:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    For an ActiveSync account (such as Hotmail or Outlook.com), you can adjust the sync period for an active account. From the home page, swipe down from the top and go to Settings > Accounts and choose the email account. On the "Edit Account" page, tap "Advanced" on the bottom bar. Scroll to the very bottom and Select the "Sync Timeframe you want (i.e., "Forever" to sync all messages).

For an IMAP account (such as Gmail), you have to select the sync period option when setting up the account -- so you'd have to delete and re-add it. Use the standard email setup, until you get to the screen that gives you the option to toggle on/off contact/calendar sync. Tap "Advanced" at the bottom. Scroll to the very bottom, and set the "Initial Retrieval amount" to "Forever" (or your preferred sync period). You can also set your sync interval here as well.

Note that if you'll be syncing a lot of messages, you should be on WiFi, unless you have a very generous data plan.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 05-29-14 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Typo!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-14 06:14 PM
    Yeah, you can change it to sync forever. It will just mess up your hub and you'll be complaining it's so slow and laggy.

Alternatively. You can just remote search any email you want. That works too.

Welcome... to the world of TOMORROW!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-14 06:14 PM
    Yeah, you can change it to sync forever. It will just mess up your hub and you'll be complaining it's so slow and laggy.

I've got 2 active sync accounts set to forever, with a few years worth of emails, attachments etc. No lag whatsoever

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-28-14 06:17 PM
    Remote search doesn't work for imap accounts (on 10.2.x).

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 06:17 PM
    Remote search doesn't work for imap accounts (on 10.2.x).

Posted via CB10
    On 10.2.1, but IMAP remote search is to come with 10.3.something.
    05-28-14 06:28 PM

I have 2 EAS and 2 IMAP accounts, all syncing forever. No problems here, either.
    05-28-14 06:29 PM
    On 10.2.1, but IMAP remote search is to come with 10.3.something.
    Yes, I know that. The thing is that it takes time till 10.3 gets official, and not all the people are on leaks.

Till then.. if you need to lookup for an older email you have to fire the browser.
    Honestly, I think BlackBerry should have had included this feature in bb10 since day 1..

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 06:32 PM
    Syncing forever with an AOL account causes problems on 10.2!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 07:15 PM
    Syncing forever with an AOL account causes problems on 10.2!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Whaaaaaaaaaat?
    05-28-14 07:20 PM
    You need to change the settings but it won't sync unless you delete the account and then re-add it with the new settings.

I had the same problem but received this answer from someone on here. It's worked for me ever since! Let me know if you have any questions!
    05-28-14 11:54 PM