I find it intriguing that th UK seem to love BlackBerry as much or more than Canada. Why do you think that is?

Posted via my Q10, USA
    10-14-13 07:28 AM
    Looking at the last quarter results I dont see all that love.
    10-14-13 07:33 AM
    they dont really - at least not im my city, teens use the old models (curves& bolds) mainly because they are cheap on contract, dont break easily & if they do its just a plastic chassis to replace not a big glass screen unless its a bold and they get to bbm each other.
    10-14-13 07:36 AM
    BlackBerry love in the UK is rapidly diminishing, unfortunately

Posted via CB10 on my Z(ed)10
    10-14-13 09:48 AM
    There seems to be a peak period where people were buying cheapo curves in their droves - often for kids because of cheap BBM but blackberry share in the UK seems to be collapsing here like everywhere else - certainly no sales evidence that they are particularly popular anymore.
    10-14-13 09:50 AM
    There seems to be a peak period where people were buying cheapo curves in their droves - often for kids because of cheap BBM but blackberry share in the UK seems to be collapsing here like everywhere else - certainly no sales evidence that they are particularly popular anymore.
    I agree with you. Most of BB devices I've seen are Curve, and they seem to be the first mobiles bought for young people. BBRY got a big market share in this fragment beacause of the Curve's cheap price, kids will probably move to other platforms after getting used to a phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 09:59 AM
    I know of one person who has a Blackberry. Most people I know don't like them.

A friend was considering a Blackberry and I thought I had persuaded him but he went with an Iphone, even though he said he hated them! It seems everyone around here as an Iphone, yet they all moan about them.

Helen

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:24 AM
    Hi all this statement of the UK loving blackberry might of been true in 2010-2011 but i can tell you now in 2013 no one really has a blackberry here anymore and the teens now have an IOS device eg iphone 4,4s,5,5s. blackberry is considered dead here in the UK!

10-14-13 10:32 AM
    I goto say I still love BlackBerry and I have several friends who have BlackBerry 10 devices. The UK still loves blackberry it just hasn't been promoted well. I have lots of people asking what phone my z 10 is because they weren't aware a new BlackBerry device was released, I agree a lot of young people still have the older handsets and I am asked regular if I know anyone selling any of the old models for a cheep price. If BlackBerry could of hung on a bit longer I'm sure BlackBerry 10 would of done a little better by now, as well as a lot of bad press we have had here

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry defiantly not dead in uk

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:00 AM
    Well this thread sure backfired...
    Mack Gans, SifiGamer and JeepBB like this.
    10-14-13 11:01 AM
    On the morning train commute, I see at least as many (if not more) legacy BlackBerry devices as iPhones.

I have however only seen two BB10 handsets: one Q10, one Z10.

A large portion of these will be work phones, most likely.

There is still a market here for BlackBerry. Quite why they haven't priced their (markdown!) handsets very, VERY aggressively is beyond me, frankly.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:06 AM
    Stupid question. Why not? BlackBerries are superior phones and certainly far superior to iDroid crap.
    switmelody0109 likes this.
    10-14-13 11:17 AM
    Hi all this statement of the UK loving blackberry might of been true in 2010-2011 but i can tell you now in 2013 no one really has a blackberry here anymore and the teens now have an IOS device eg iphone 4,4s,5,5s. blackberry is considered dead here in the UK!

Right - I have four nieces, when they first had mobiles (the ones old enough) , I bought them all curves because cheap bbm plans were how they communicated with their friends - when they got to about to 14 or 15 and they had their own money or had money to put to a phone, they all swapped to either iphones or galaxy phones - I am not sure they are even aware that newer devices run on bb10.

I was doing a lecture to some students last week and out of 200, maybe a 1/5 had blackberries, nobody had a bb10 device - last year at least half had a BB device.
    10-14-13 11:26 AM
    I think relatively speaking the uk may still love BlackBerry...I very often see blackberries on the tube etc, being used by a wide variety of people (not just the youth) . all BlackBerry OS of course. Proportionally speaking a huge chunk of all the smartphones I see are BlackBerry.

Meanwhile I went to Atlanta a month ago and didn't see a single BlackBerry in the wild, it all seemed to be Samsungs.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:31 AM
    Stupid question. Why not? BlackBerries are superior phones and certainly far superior to iDroid crap.
    Let's accept for the sake of argument that this is true - so what? The technical superiority of a platform is only factor.
    10-14-13 11:32 AM
    BlackBerrys are everywhere. In meetings I go to, they are at least 50% to 75% so it appears that BB is healthy. The problem is they are old,keyboard devices bought years ago and the people who use them really don`t like them ( I don`t). I`ve only seen one other person with a Z10 (my own personal phone). They other problem is that when they get upgraded they get upgraded to iPhones (as did my work Bold now lying forgotten in a drawer). Its true Curves and Bolds were once cheap teen phones but not so much as second hand iPhones have filtered down and been turned into PAYG as well as loads of cheapo Android models. Not sure if that tide can be turned.
    10-14-13 11:38 AM
    I dont undertand how some of you still think blackberry is popular here in the UK becuase it really isn't most teens had blackberry devices in 2010 and 11 and the start of 12 especially curve devices towards the end of 2012 blackberry's started to fade out and not at a slow rate either they went fast and now late 2013 i can seriously say NO one wants a blackberry anymore especially apple's iphone has become the new must have for teens and everywhere i go i see iphones a rare blackberry and i live in manchester one of the biggest city's in the UK im 22 now and all my friends own an iphone some android none blackberry take me back to 2011 and 90% of teens had a blackberry
    bilzomaniac likes this.
    10-14-13 04:30 PM
    Right - I have four nieces, when they first had mobiles (the ones old enough) , I bought them all curves because cheap bbm plans were how they communicated with their friends - when they got to about to 14 or 15 and they had their own money or had money to put to a phone, they all swapped to either iphones or galaxy phones - I am not sure they are even aware that newer devices run on bb10.

I was doing a lecture to some students last week and out of 200, maybe a 1/5 had blackberries, nobody had a bb10 device - last year at least half had a BB device.
    Exactly spot on apple has become the new blackberry here in the UK every one has one.
    10-14-13 04:33 PM
    Exactly spot on apple has become the new blackberry here in the UK every one has one.
    lol but the 'yoof' will have something different tomorrow innit - whatever the latest fashions are

omg what is that terrible noise? Sounds like some kind of stampede ... a massive HERD of iDroid sheeple!
    10-14-13 04:49 PM
    lol but the 'yoof' will have something different tomorrow innit - whatever the latest fashions are

omg what is that terrible noise? Sounds like some kind of stampede ... a massive HERD of iDroid sheeple!
    i owned a blackberry curve 9360 for over a year i ain't one sided its just the hard core truth whether you like it or not
    10-14-13 05:20 PM
    i owned a blackberry curve 9360 for over a year i ain't one sided its just the hard core truth whether you like it or not
    The point David makes is valid tho, as is yours. It's amazing how quickly fashions change, especially in the smartphone industry, to the tune of billions of pounds, and we all think that what is the case today is how it will always be...

The media still talk about the next 'iPhone killer' when the iPhone has, at best, a 20% market share and Android has taken over. Was it always like this? No. And the iPhone was only launched 6 years ago!

This game has a long way to go...
    10-14-13 05:33 PM
    I dont undertand how some of you still think blackberry is popular here in the UK becuase it really isn't most teens had blackberry devices in 2010 and 11 and the start of 12 especially curve devices towards the end of 2012 blackberry's started to fade out and not at a slow rate either they went fast and now late 2013 i can seriously say NO one wants a blackberry anymore especially apple's iphone has become the new must have for teens and everywhere i go i see iphones a rare blackberry and i live in manchester one of the biggest city's in the UK im 22 now and all my friends own an iphone some android none blackberry take me back to 2011 and 90% of teens had a blackberry
    Mate ever heard of using comma's?? Lol typical glory hunter.

YNWA

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:17 PM
    The point David makes is valid tho, as is yours. It's amazing how quickly fashions change, especially in the smartphone industry, to the tune of billions of pounds, and we all think that what is the case today is how it will always be...

The media still talk about the next 'iPhone killer' when the iPhone has, at best, a 20% market share and Android has taken over. Was it always like this? No. And the iPhone was only launched 6 years ago!

This game has a long way to go...
    But who comes back? Once you go down in the mobile sector, you don't come back, especially when you don't advertise and carriers are starting to drop your products.
    10-15-13 01:07 AM
    Mate ever heard of using comma's?? Lol typical glory hunter.

YNWA

Posted via CB10
    If you are going to correct people on their grammar, it is best if you understand the use of the comma yourself... (commas not comma's)
    10-15-13 01:09 AM
31 12