Custom led
    Better hub control
    BlackBerry Link to disappear and replaced with something that works
    Better memory management
    Contact app to be less of a pain to use
    Improved media player
    Custom notifications restored
    Auto on and off reimplemented

FYI this list is just the things I miss from the old BlackBerry os and I fully expected them to be in 10.0. I haven't touched on anything new

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure/hope you've read the document that details the alleged management of BB10 and how the teams where kept seperate thus not all features were cross transfered, however most of what you've mentioned, (unless I'm not understanding you is covered.

Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20131230_205937.png
    Nuf Said
    Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20131230_210045.png
    Is this what you mean?
    Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20131230_210100.png
    Nuf Said
    10.2.1 hub works brilliant, anything specific you're missing?
    Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20131230_210152.png

5 I hated link when it was first released, and only recently accessed the new version and was pleasantly surprised at the changed nicer BlackBerry desktop -like-simple UI, it also works much better and update a released all the time? You really think BlackBerry should use resources to start from scratch than keep improving on it?

Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20131230_210310.png
    I can manage my memory better than any device I've ever used

7contact app- I can see your point here, slightly improved as of now but still could be improved, not a deal maker however I hardly ever use it, just get contacts straight from call log

8 Media Player - again we agree here but I use a third party app, if they do everything to meet your needs, then less space for developers no? Or could be argued they would have to be more innovative.. and tbh I like the features, being able to see the tracks to come, it's only little things that need to be added like headless which makes no sense, when third party apps can do it way not the native music app although you said media not just music I acknowledge...

9Cant you use Bebuzz? And it's there in the settings, for contacts and apps?

10 another agreed point, also alarm from off, although personally I never purposefully switch it off at night anymore, different battery, unnecessary etc but auto on and off would be useful

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 03:17 PM
    Well she has had it for a year and doesn't do much other than camera, txting, BBM, Facebook, email, and calls. No games to speak of or anything else really. And it was immediately after the update and has been that way since. I mean, it's 2 Generations old, and I get that. But I still think it's pushed to the red line of what the 4S is capable of at now with OS7.

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    Hmm yeah fair enough, and Apple probably didn't design the ios 7 with the 4 in mind, which works to their advantage : pushing people to upgrade, but from my xp a lot of people will just deal with it

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 03:21 PM
    I'm sure/hope you've read the document that details the alleged management of BB10 and how the teams where kept seperate thus not all features were cross transfered, however most of what you've mentioned, (unless I'm not understanding you is covered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131230_205937.png 
Views:	540 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	234679
    Nuf Said

Name:	IMG_20131230_210045.png 
Views:	539 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	234680
    Is this what you mean?

Name:	IMG_20131230_210100.png 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	234681
    Nuf Said

Name:	IMG_20131230_210152.png 
Views:	541 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	234682

5 I hated link when it was first released, and only recently accessed the new version and was pleasantly surprised at the changed nicer BlackBerry desktop -like-simple UI, it also works much better and update a released all the time? You really think BlackBerry should use resources to start from scratch than keep improving on it?

Name:	IMG_20131230_210310.png 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	234683

7contact app- I can see your point here, slightly improved as of now but still could be improved, not a deal maker however I hardly ever use it, just get contacts straight from call log

8 Media Player - again we agree here but I use a third party app, if they do everything to meet your needs, then less space for developers no? Or could be argued they would have to be more innovative.. and tbh I like the features, being able to see the tracks to come, it's only little things that need to be added like headless which makes no sense, when third party apps can do it way not the native music app although you said media not just music I acknowledge...

10 another agreed point, also alarm from off, although personally I never purposefully switch it off at night anymore, different battery, unnecessary etc but auto on and off would be useful

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Clearly you never owned a Legacy BlackBerry.
    bobauckland likes this.
    12-30-13 03:23 PM
    I have about 30 ... but I may have signed up for them in the euphoria before the launch. Topics include all the obvious suspects BBM, BB10, Q10, Z10 and just BlackBerry.

As for the Iphone 4 and the OS upgrades ... I suspect my son was looking for a reason to buy. But read :

Bring Your iPhone 4 Back Up to Speed with These 6 Easy Tweaks for iOS 7 � iOS softModder

As for Nokia, from the reviews I have read, they make a great phone. I do not like WP 8 myself based on just using an in store demo only.
    When you say sign up that's seperate to just your BBID? If so then that's not what I meant, I meant they email all BBID, and in the first email they can give option to opt out.but they should make it interesting that few people do, which is back to HOW they market not just advertising willy nilly

And again most of that advice was given to iPhone 5, 5s users too, as generic tips for increased battery etc but Obv I understand that the older phone may not cope with hardware but again that works to apples advantage..

Btw I've ceased to see how this relates back to BlackBerry..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 03:25 PM

Name:	IMG_20131230_205937.png 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	234679
    Nuf Said

Name:	IMG_20131230_210045.png 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	234680
    Is this what you mean?

Name:	IMG_20131230_210100.png 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	234681
    Nuf Said

Name:	IMG_20131230_210152.png 
Views:	541 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	234682

Name:	IMG_20131230_210310.png 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	234683

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    BlackBerry Protect is nothing like it was. I want the backup and restore functionality back.
    Custom profiles can't be done on 10 yet.
    Custom notifications have got better but I would like to see the long medium and short vibration settings back.
    10.2.1 hub still the same as before. Why can't I have the option for the hub to reset to the top layer when I exit?
    BlackBerry 10 uses far too much memory and does not show where. That monitor is not accurate.
    I would prefer not to use apps for custom leds. But until they go headless even the apps are useless to me.
    Everything you posted is frustrating to me as it all falls short of what I've come to expect from BlackBerry. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 04:07 PM
    But none of the things you talk about are facts. You don't know why bb10 failed. You don't know how many people liked deleting mail on handheld only. You don't know how many people loved a trackpad.

On a variety of those points I'd be willing to make a substantial wager that my "opinions" are far closer to reality than yours are.

I guarantee you that BlackBerry has done studies on matters such as feature preferences. And I guarantee you that your impression of the overwhelming demand for these legacy features is nowhere near reality, based on actual studies.

Care to put your money where your mouth is?

Nobody's opinion means more or less than others.

The kind of thing one hears from people who are working against all odds trying to prop up unsupportable positions.

Of course that's incorrect. All depends on the opinion and the subject.

And in the end, if a strategy you have supported, ie giving preference to full touch devices and dropping trackpad bis and delete on handheld...

Another hallmark of the desperate is mis-characterizing, over-simplifying, or downright distortion of someone's position on a matter, as you have done above.

...maybe you should think twice before having a right go at other posters who said bb10 would flop for exactly those reasons you claimed were unimportant.

Are you trying to pick a fight with me now? I certainly didn't do this with you.
    12-30-13 04:36 PM
    Clearly you never owned a Legacy BlackBerry.
    I did actually, several, however mostly for mail and bbm and other basic features, rarely as a main phone until Z10 so I won't have knowledge of the extent of how the features were.. making assumptions doesnt help make your point any clearer..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 05:12 PM
    BlackBerry Protect is nothing like it was. I want the backup and restore functionality back.
    Custom profiles can't be done on 10 yet.
    Custom notifications have got better but I would like to see the long medium and short vibration settings back.
    10.2.1 hub still the same as before. Why can't I have the option for the hub to reset to the top layer when I exit?
    BlackBerry 10 uses far too much memory and does not show where. That monitor is not accurate.
    I would prefer not to use apps for custom leds. But until they go headless even the apps are useless to me.
    Everything you posted is frustrating to me as it all falls short of what I've come to expect from BlackBerry. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    You can do that with Link though? Forgive my naive in regards to how it worked on Legacy

If you mean what I think you mean by custom profiles, why do you need them anymore if you can set notifications for certain contacts is it just the choice/option you want or is there something you want to customise specifically?

Fair enough on custom notifications, at least you acknowledge third party apps can do that, hopefully they'll go headless soon

Ermm no the hub now has arrows that show up to move to the next item easily but within the group (i.e. If you're in one of your emails, pressing the arrow will send you to the corresponding email connected to that email address, as opposed to bbm message or something)

That's a presence issue, I like the hub being on the last layer I touched as it allows me to multistask better and I reset it myself.. an option would be nice but not essential and as far as i know the hub wasn't in legacy so contrary to your previous statement you have gone beyond the scope of legacy, just saying

It's more accurate than most other platforms, but i suppose that's not good enough, although I would think it would be for the consumer, maybe if they showed the deeper levels through developer mode etc would work better than across the board

Lol okay that's fair enough, but if we're talking about why legacy is outselling bb10, I think it's more about price and lack of information than a lack of minor improvements in BB10, although it's a paradox as those improvements may come under what is required to market..

Bringing it back to the basic point, which I would argue that as it is, bb10 is ready to be marketed to the general consumer with improvements continuing to be made access the way,

I feel that if time is spent making improvements, not only will market share continue to slide down and BlackBerry slip further from memory, but if you have a phone that rarely gets updates, even if it doesn't need to, psychologically you may feel like you're missing something so if they market now(10.2.1) and continue to improve on this os it will work better for them,
    Things are running behind as it is..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 05:27 PM
    Personally I can't resist the sense that the PB was mostly a half-hearted attempt to get into the tablet market, while its primary purpose was as a proof-of-concept for BB10.
    Absolutely. A large ill-judged and disastrous public beta for a QNX based mobile OS with BlackBerry's software engineering "skills", or lack of, on top. Train wreck stuff.

Actually I think the main reason the devices need more RAM than their competitors is that they are running 2 OS's side-by-side.
    It's true supporting apps in Cascades, HTML5/Webworks, Adobe Air and the Android VM all running at the same time devours RAM. And because of the way BlackBerry don't particularly manage memory in BB10 it all has to be in physical RAM.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 12-30-13 at 09:16 PM.
    12-30-13 06:28 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-30-13 07:17 PM
    There is a HUGE amount of negative mindshare out there, much of it due to 10 years of bitter ex-BlackBerry users who continue to associate BlackBerry with "That horrible, locked-down, slow, laggy thing imposed on me by my former company, that I will never forgive them for."

In fact, I think that a signficant amount of otherwise inexplicably incessant Wall Street negativity about the company actually stems to some extent from the same entrenched bitterness that people harbor about the company from those historical experiences.
    This is very true. One of the drivers behind the way Balance is implemented in BB10 is to make it obvious that the organisation's data is safely locked away in the Work space while the rest of the phone can be left usable in the Personal space, the Camera, Browser, BB World etc

This was a direct push towards the likes of Wall Street to keep IT and the CIO happy while not locking away the "fun" of the phone from the user. Unfortunately due to Enterprise demand there is also such a thing as "Regulated" mode where all that exists on the phone is the locked down Workspace, but carrier support for the required data plan for that has been abysmal so it has largely been a failure.

Historically with BBOS phones in Enterprises, especially in regulated industries and Government they were so locked down that they were frustratingly useless for anything other than Corporate email. Before BBOS7 brought in Balance the phone wouldn't stop them from leaking that data if the full functionality of the phone was left usable but all the user's saw was a crippled so-called smartphone in their hands.

You are right to say that years of being forced by employers to have to suffer locked down BBOS phones built up a huge amount of resentment towards BlackBerry and their phones and their employer's IT departments.

Most BESAdmins probably didn't unlock the "fun" of BBOS7 phones for their users even though Balance was there, partly through the culture of "lock it all down" but also partly because there was so no separate UI for work data and work apps, it was less obvious that work data was actually protected from leakage in BBOS7.

BBOS7 Balance in the workplace brought one nice feature to my BESAdmin work life in that for anyone who brings in their own BBOS7 phone for work purposes if they subsequently leave or decide they don't want to use the phone for work any more I can remotely "Delete Work Data Only" thanks to Balance and the work mailbox activation and data will remove itself from the phone and leave the person's personal apps and data as they were.

That's a feature much enjoyed in BB10 too, even with work owned devices, as less full security wipes are required when I'm testing things and switching BB10 phones between test user accounts and different BES10 servers. Containerisation is the future.

Davidro1 likes this.
    12-30-13 07:20 PM
    My wife is a civil servant, their computers are completely locked down, no fun whatsoever on them and they never complain. Can't even log in to google mail or Dropbox in the browser and they can't use regular memory sticks.

But when it comes to mobile phones we must have the fun lol.
    johnnyuk and Omnitech like this.
    12-30-13 07:30 PM
    Others that made NO sense at all to me include the revival of "PIN Messages". I just cannot imagine that 99% of the userbase gives the slightest rat's *ss about such a feature and would rather they invested those development resources elsewhere.
    I bet is was BESAdmins who pushed for this one, and Level 1 Notifications for PIN Messages. When your email server goes down there's no better way to get a high priority message out about it in bright red to your BlackBerry users, most of whom are important people in your organisation who rely on email and PIM on the move, than a PIN message.

They should implement an optional virtual trackpad or at least dramatically improve their very mediocre cursor / text handling.
    It's getting better in each release, the new circle for positioning the cursor and the Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All, Share floating toolbar are a big improvement. All that's left to sort out before I'm happy are the following 3 things that can be tricky to do:

1. Position the cursor before the very first character of the body of text.

2. Position the cursor after the very last character of the body of text.

3. Get the bloody Paste floating icon to appear after you have copied or cut something and positioned the cursor.

I do think a virtual trackpad would be worth BlackBerry experimenting with to see if it compliments or improves things. Definitely no return to physical trackpads though, god no.

12-30-13 08:39 PM
    I'm in Essex and I saw my first BlackBerry 10 device in the wild the other day! I almost fainted in shock

Posted via CB10
    I would too! Outside of my BB10 fleet at work I've yet to see one in the wild. I suppose I did once see a Dev Alpha B at an EE business conference in the hands of a BlackBerry employee if that counts.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 12-30-13 at 09:20 PM.
    12-30-13 09:05 PM
    Feck me, that is bad! I'm not too technical on this, I'll log into my 1and1 and see what I can do to get them back.

If the timeframe that this occurred is anywhere near my general impression, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

#1 because email hosting companies don't normally keep months of backups unless you specifically subscribe to some sort of backup service, and #2 because in my experience, web hosting companies who offer email services as part of a hosting bundle are not exactly the high-tier of email providers. Ergo, their email services tend to be basic.
    12-30-13 09:17 PM
    It's true supporting apps in Cascades, HTML5/Webworks, Adobe Air and the Android VM all running at the same time devours RAM. And because of the way BlackBerry don't particularly manage memory in BB10 it all has to be in physical RAM.

When I see architectural decisions like this made by BlackBerry, I often wonder, based on past experience, if there aren't considerations that they aren't making public, ie the security implications of using potentially insecure pagefiles motivating them to avoid such an architecture. (Plus I'm not sure how suitable non-SSD Flash memory is for the kind of continuous filesystem activity a pagefile would entail, either. Or how battery-unfriendly this might be.)

I also get the feeling that there are a variety of instances where they make these sorts of design decisions for such reasons, but never communicate this fact or educate customers why it should be important to them.

For some reason it seems as though largely due to all their governmental/military customers, they are still firmly entrenched in "security via obscurity" thinking.
    12-30-13 09:18 PM
    My wife is a civil servant, their computers are completely locked down, no fun whatsoever on them and they never complain. Can't even log in to google mail or Dropbox in the browser and they can't use regular memory sticks.

But when it comes to mobile phones we must have the fun lol.
    I've locked down civil servant's computers, the newbies complain, the ones who've been there a while know the kind of response complaining receives.

12-30-13 09:18 PM
    Unfortunately due to Enterprise demand there is also such a thing as "Regulated" mode where all that exists on the phone is the locked down Workspace, but carrier support for the required data plan for that has been abysmal so it has largely been a failure.

Not ever having actually run a BES server (some day I'll actually install that file I downloaded ) I'm not aware of the specifics here.

Why would this require a special carrier plan? Would it not be a simple matter to lock all data communication down to a specified VPN?

BBOS7 Balance in the workplace brought one nice feature to my BESAdmin work life in that for anyone who brings in their own BBOS7 phone for work purposes if they subsequently leave or decide they don't want to use the phone for work any more I can remotely "Delete Work Data Only" thanks to Balance and the work mailbox activation and data will remove itself from the phone and leave the person's personal apps and data as they were.

I've always wondered how or why the average person would entrust the power to wipe their personal smartphone stem-to-stern to their work I.T. staff.

I can tell you from a personal POV, I'm not giving that power to ANYone. I don't care HOW much they want to swear on their favorite religious tome that they're never going to touch my personal data... too d*mn much at stake for me to be so trusting over such a critical personal resource.

Perhaps people just don't know what kind of power they are actually giving people in such cases.

I bet is was BESAdmins who pushed for this one, and Level 1 Notifications for PIN Messages. When your email server goes down there's no better way to get a high priority message out about it in bright red to your BlackBerry users, most of whom are important people in your organisation who rely on email and PIM on the move, than a PIN message.

That explanation makes a lot more sense to me than someone thinking that for some reason the whole world was clamoring to send PIN messages to their buddies.

It's getting better in each release, the new circle for positioning the cursor and the Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All, Share floating toolbar are a big improvement. All that's left to sort out before I'm happy are the following 3 things that can be tricky to do:

1. Position the cursor before the very first character of the body of text.
    2. Position the cursor after the very last character of the body of text.
    3. Get the bloody Paste floating icon to appear after you have copied or cut something and positioned the cursor.

I do think a virtual trackpad would be worth BlackBerry experimenting with to see if it compliments or improves things. Definitely no return to physical trackpads though, god no.

#1 and #2 I regularly gripe about here.
    #3 I gripe about too, and since I just installed 10.2 on my daily driver I will probably start complaining about it a lot more.

However I have a whole list of other gripes, especially all the text-edit-box focus issues where it pops up when it shouldn't, doesn't pop up when it should, text gets selected when it shouldn't and you can't un-select it, can't get the edit circle to even appear when you want it to, the edit circle appears when you are trying instead to paste text making it impossible to do so, can't paste text in an edit box (ie BBM) when there is already some text there, etc etc etc.

On my to-do list is to make a series of videos documenting all the horrific text editing UI disasters, each time I encounter them.

Only one problem: trying to shoot videos of the Z10 screen with my other Z10 is highly problematic because the autofocus sucks and can't be locked to a single focus point, making it vastly more difficult to make such videos than it should be...
    12-30-13 09:36 PM
    For some reason it seems as though largely due to all their governmental/military customers, they are still firmly entrenched in "security via obscurity" thinking.
    The irony is with <1% marketshare BlackBerry's security through obscurity has never been better!

Omnitech likes this.
    12-30-13 09:38 PM
    Not ever having actually run a BES server (some day I'll actually install that file I downloaded ) I'm not aware of the specifics here.

Why would this require a special carrier plan? Would it not be a simple matter to lock all data communication down to a specified VPN?
    This is the great mystery of BES10. BlackBerry have never explained why Regulated mode requires a special data plan when with Balance the Work space communicates all its data from the phone securely over a carrirr's normal data plan through the NOC and then the MDS tunnel in your internal network and vice versa.

One would think that a Work space only activation would work the same way as the Work space works when Balance is used. Nobody I've come across here really knows if it is a technical requirement or just BlackBerry trying to give the carriers a data plan they can charge Enterprise extra for.

Either way hardly any carriers have implemented it so BlackBerry are having to come up with a work around for customers who want to use "Regulated" and "Regulated Balance" (which is a Personal and Work space split but both spaces are controlled by the BES and are monitorable) but where their carrier isn't interested in implementing the Regulated data plan to provision on Sim cards. It's a farce.

I've always wondered how or why the average person would entrust the power to wipe their personal smartphone stem-to-stern to their work I.T. staff.

Perhaps people just don't know what kind of power they are actually giving people in such cases.
    It's in the BYOD policy they sign but don't read. If only they knew the chaos I could cause with the click of a mouse button or a tap on the screen of my PlayBook.

12-30-13 10:04 PM
    Nobody I've come across here really knows if it is a technical requirement or just BlackBerry trying to give the carriers a data plan they can charge Enterprise extra for.

And that latter part is the one I worry about.

If only they knew the chaos I could cause with the click of a mouse button or a tap on the screen of my PlayBook.

Exactly. And it's not like us BOFH's never make a mistake or anything.
    12-30-13 10:08 PM
    OS7 still does many things better and more efficiently than BB10. Why change if BBOS still delivers ?
    Because BlackBerry customers were abandoning BBOS for ios and Android platforms in droves before BB10 was launched.

Because BlackBerry's market share in the US dropped from about 40% in 2010 to less than 5% in late 2012.

Because BBOS was not originally built to support the features that many of its former customers were asking for that were already available in ios and Android platforms.

BBOS didn't deliver for all those former Blackberry customers who are now on other platforms.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    johnnyuk and Davidro1 like this.
    12-30-13 10:08 PM
    On a variety of those points I'd be willing to make a substantial wager that my "opinions" are far closer to reality than yours are.

I guarantee you that BlackBerry has done studies on matters such as feature preferences. And I guarantee you that your impression of the overwhelming demand for these legacy features is nowhere near reality, based on actual studies.

Care to put your money where your mouth is?

The kind of thing one hears from people who are working against all odds trying to prop up unsupportable positions.

Of course that's incorrect. All depends on the opinion and the subject.

Another hallmark of the desperate is mis-characterizing, over-simplifying, or downright distortion of someone's position on a matter, as you have done above.

Are you trying to pick a fight with me now? I certainly didn't do this with you.
    See you're doing it again. We differ on why we think bb10 failed. And what people expect from their BlackBerry. Instead of putting forward our points and leaving it at that, you have to go and say that you are certain your opinion is closer to the truth than mine. You're certain your info, and your opinion about what people want, is more accurate than mine.
    There's just no way for you to be certain!
    It's so annoying trying to respect your views when I think they're absolute nonsense most of the time, and you can't extend the same courtesy, you just pop around talking about how important and educated your opinions are. They are opinions. End of.
    Nobody is picking a fight with anyone, come on.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 02:16 AM
    You can do that with Link though? Forgive my naive in regards to how it worked on Legacy

If you mean what I think you mean by custom profiles, why do you need them anymore if you can set notifications for certain contacts is it just the choice/option you want or is there something you want to customise specifically?

Fair enough on custom notifications, at least you acknowledge third party apps can do that, hopefully they'll go headless soon

Ermm no the hub now has arrows that show up to move to the next item easily but within the group (i.e. If you're in one of your emails, pressing the arrow will send you to the corresponding email connected to that email address, as opposed to bbm message or something)

That's a presence issue, I like the hub being on the last layer I touched as it allows me to multistask better and I reset it myself.. an option would be nice but not essential and as far as i know the hub wasn't in legacy so contrary to your previous statement you have gone beyond the scope of legacy, just saying

It's more accurate than most other platforms, but i suppose that's not good enough, although I would think it would be for the consumer, maybe if they showed the deeper levels through developer mode etc would work better than across the board

Lol okay that's fair enough, but if we're talking about why legacy is outselling bb10, I think it's more about price and lack of information than a lack of minor improvements in BB10, although it's a paradox as those improvements may come under what is required to market..

Bringing it back to the basic point, which I would argue that as it is, bb10 is ready to be marketed to the general consumer with improvements continuing to be made access the way,

I feel that if time is spent making improvements, not only will market share continue to slide down and BlackBerry slip further from memory, but if you have a phone that rarely gets updates, even if it doesn't need to, psychologically you may feel like you're missing something so if they market now(10.2.1) and continue to improve on this os it will work better for them,
    Things are running behind as it is..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Link is awful and doesn't work half the time still. It also requires a computer. The old BlackBerry Protect a full backup could be done in the middle of a field. You could then wipe and restore the phone back to how it was without leaving that field. Which was useful when some ***** entered my password wrongly ten times. It was always reliable unlike link.

Custom profiles. So I could create a work profile, which would have its own set of custom notifications, and I could slip into it with 2 clicks. This could allow me to have more professional tones while at work and then out of work whatever I wanted. I used to roll with 6 custom profiles not including the standard ones.

Custom notifications are getting better but still not quite there. The vibrate settings and led features will go a long way to help.

My point about the hub is that if I left it accidentally in a message. It's frustrating to receive a new message and not have any idea who it is from. I realise that some people like how it works now, that is why I asked for an option toggle. I always found the unified inbox a much more efficient process to the hub and that toggle to reset on exit would benefit me massively.

The monitor is nice but it needs to show all information not just a snapshot. There is another thread showing that it doesn't show everything that is using resources.

There are millions of legacy users not willing to take the leap to BlackBerry 10. I think how can we expect general consumers to make the leap if BlackBerry can't combine their own users to take a shot

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 02:33 AM
    Uptill now! And I repeat only Uptill now! Things are about to change!

1. Cheaper
    2. More models
    3. Simple and fast
    4. Ultra reliable
    5. Extra terrestrial battery life
    6. Only available phone in market that is semi smart! Lool
    7. Mature os!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 02:52 AM
1,393 ... 2728293031 ...