A lot of the industry is not ready to update both their company handsets and enterprise servers.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    The migration process from BES d to BES 10 is almost too easy for a competent BES administrator.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-27-13 02:13 PM
    The migration process from BES d to BES 10 is almost too easy for a competent BES administrator.

Purchasing thousands of new devices and rendering the old devices useless ain't that easy.
    12-27-13 02:14 PM
    Barely anybody has ever heard of the Z10 let alone BB10 as a mobile platform to choose from.

This Christmas when Miss Single Mum with 3 teenage and tweenage kids in the UK went online looking for new cheap as chips BlackBerry phones for her 3 little terrors, was the cheapest BlackBerry a BB10 phone like the discounted Z10 or the proposed but too late Jakarta phone?

No, it was either a 9320 or a 9720 so that's what she bought them. Full time score after Xmas, BBOS7 1:0 BB10

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Everybody and their dog knows about BB10, BlackBerry have 29.5 million Facebook followers. Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1388175577.864039.jpg
    12-27-13 02:19 PM
    This Christmas when Miss Single Mum with 3 teenage and tweenage kids in the UK went online looking for new cheap as chips BlackBerry phones for her 3 little terrors, was the cheapest BlackBerry a BB10 phone like the discounted Z10 or the proposed but too late Jakarta phone?

If the woman has "three little terrors" maybe she should focus on her parenting skills instead of buying them smartphones.

12-27-13 02:21 PM
    Purchasing thousands of new devices and rendering the old devices useless ain't that easy.
    Clearly you are part of the problem, not the solution. You remind me of IT folks who say "that's impossible." The primary role of IT is making the impossible possible and making it look easy in the process. This is one reason IT is not appreciated within many organisations; making solutions delivery seem easy.

12-27-13 02:25 PM
    Clearly you are part of the problem, not the solution. You remind me of IT folks who say "that's impossible." The primary role of IT is making the impossible possible and making it look easy in the process. This is one reason IT is not appreciated within many organisations; making solutions delivery seem easy.

Yes, because mobile phones are the biggest priority for most companies and they just love to spend money in this current global climate.
    12-27-13 02:30 PM
    My Q10 deleted all my SMS and 3 months of work emails, received and sent, all gone down a black hole.
    And you were running a leaked OS if I recall correctly......

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:33 PM
    And you were running a leaked OS if I recall correctly......

Posted via CB10
    Amazing how the 10.2.1 is offered as a solution and as a problem at the same time. The official OS had plenty email issues too, one being the return of the smtp bug that my Z10 suffered from day one
    12-27-13 02:38 PM
    Amazing how the 10.2.1 is offered as a solution and as a problem at the same time. The official OS had plenty email issues too, one being the return of the smtp bug that my Z10 suffered from day one
    I don't condone or use leaks for this reason. I simply don't want to tinker with phones or have issues like this. I work in Engineering and IT and want to spend my free time away from it. Using the official is no guarantee, but at least bit has been tested a little longer. I've seen many here post 10.2.1 and Chinese app stores as being the cure all for all for BB10, but it comes with its own set of issues and isn't a solution to fix BlackBerry's app issues for the vast majority of users right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:47 PM
    Yeah its so easy to load a bar file and convert it I'm not going to bother with the 10.2.1 leak. I use local bar 2 on my Q10 and just keep an active proxy running on another device at home so it's almost as easy as an OTA install.

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    12-27-13 02:53 PM
    It's all about effort. BlackBerry has put virtually none in (and what was put in was half assed) to push BB10. And people are still familiar with BBOS. When they think of BlackBerry, they think of BBOS. They probably don't know about BB10. And they still view BlackBerry as a dinosaur with all the problems of BBOS. Why? Because the marketing/promotion/app efforts were not put in to give BB10 a chance to succeed.
    Davidro1 and johnnyuk like this.
    12-27-13 03:06 PM
    Everybody and their dog knows about BB10, BlackBerry have 29.5 million Facebook followers. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1388175577.864039.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	233880
    Oh give it a rest Mr.2009, you should be a comedian.

Under 30 million people in the whole world, who are clearly BlackBerry fans or they wouldn't have Liked the page, when over 450 million new smartphones ship globally PER QUARTER!

Guess what 99% of those ain't BlackBerrys and most of the people who bought them have never heard of BB10 even if they could source a BB10 phone to buy.

Walk in to your nearest phone shop in town and ask to see the BlackBerry Z30 and prepare to me be met with the blankest expression you've ever seen in your life.

"Oh you mean the Sony Xperia Z sir?"

ajst222 and Davidro1 like this.
    12-27-13 03:25 PM
    Yeah, I'd like to step in here.

Johnnyuk, lnichols and others have made good points to refute belfastdispatcher, so I'd like to encourage this fine fellow belfastdispatcher to take a rest from posting. The last several posts haven't added any value. No need to be refuting, rebutting, debating disputing when there are no new arguments being brought into the discussion. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 03:29 PM
    Oh give it a rest Mr.2009, you should be a comedian.

Under 30 million people in the whole world, who are clearly BlackBerry fans or they wouldn't have Liked the page, when over 450 million new smartphones ship globally PER QUARTER!

Guess what 99% of those ain't BlackBerrys and most of the people who bought them have never heard of BB10 even if they could source a BB10 phone to buy.

Walk in to your nearest phone shop in town and ask to see the BlackBerry Z30 and prepare to me be met with the blankest expression you've ever seen in your life.

"Oh you mean the Sony Xperia Z sir?"

THANK YOU! I know BlackBerry has nearly 30 million fans on Facebook, but they are either the fanboys OR people from the past who used to have BlackBerry phones and when liking pages on Facebook was the "cool" thing to do. I remember I was looking on BlackBerry's page and there was a box that said "______ of your friends also like BlackBerry" or something like that. Most of them used to have BlackBerry phones and I obviously know them. And it's not like they know about BB10 either. BlackBerry hasn't done sh!t to market it. On top of that, almost everything that BlackBerry posts is horrifyingly boring and pointless and has nothing to do with BB10. Plus, you would expect more than 171 likes and 32 comments on a post from an active group of nearly 30 million people who are aware and supporting BlackBerry, wouldn't you? It just shows nobody cares and BlackBerry's current number of Facebook page likes and Twitter followers means nothing.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-27-13 03:39 PM
    Also people who are still using OS7 after all this time in spite of newer more stable offerings might just be a tiny bit resistant to change.

I work with one of these people and my sister is also one of these people. She knows how OS7 works, doesn't want to learn another OS.

Posted via CB10
    I was one of those people for a while. For all its shortcomings, i was familiar with BBOS. I was resistant to changing mainly because i didn't want to learn a new OS. However, my 9850 was nearly unusable, so i took the plunge. So glad i did...BB10 is absolutely awesome.

On top of that, i think BlackBerry has done a horrible job showing off the goodies that come with BB10. So not only are they not attracting other platform users, but they're not enticing those owning legacy devices to make the switch either

Via my awesome Zed-10
    ajst222 and johnnyuk like this.
    12-27-13 03:46 PM

Johnnyuk, lnichols and others have made good points to refute belfastdispatcher, so I'd like to encourage this fine fellow belfastdispatcher to take a rest from posting. The last several posts haven't added any value. No need to be refuting, rebutting, debating disputing when there are no new arguments being brought into the discussion. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, this is called backseat moderating and is frowned on. If a person cannot discuss the issues without getting personal, they are encouraged to practice self-restraint and refrain from posting. It might be worth consideration. Let's not be telling members where and when they can post.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-28-13 at 12:15 PM.
    12-27-13 05:36 PM
    Actually, this is called backseat moderating and is frowned on. If a person cannot discuss the issues without getting personal, they are discouraged to practice self-restraint and refrain from posting. It might be worth consideration. Let's not be telling members where and when they can post.
    Yeah I know I'm not a moderator. So, delete my post and it doesn't get archived. Or leave it and the metacommunication gets archived.

When there is weak leadership, people speak up in various ways. I appreciate your involvement, as a moderator.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 05:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps but are the BB10 fans really on topic ? Why are more businesses and consumers buying BBOS phones on greater numbers than BB10 phones at this point in time.

I think it is a combination of inertia, low price, BIS and minimal needs for consuming media and internet browsing combined with beta hardware and software along with high prices on BB10 devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Davidro1 likes this.
    12-27-13 06:24 PM
    Bbos:
    ....inertia, low price, BIS and minimal needs for consuming media and internet browsing...
    BB10:
    ... beta hardware and software along with high prices on BB10 devices.
    I buy this.
    12-27-13 06:43 PM
    Well, it's never a good sign when existing consumers pass on a BB10 Z, Q, etc., and purchase an older 9900.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-27-13 06:50 PM
    Yeah I know I'm not a moderator. So, delete my post and it doesn't get archived. Or leave it and the metacommunication gets archived.

When there is weak leadership, people speak up in various ways. I appreciate your involvement, as a moderator.

Posted via CB10
    Weak Leadership? SMDH.......you talking about BlackBerry?
    ajst222 likes this.
    12-27-13 06:54 PM
    Barely anybody has ever heard of the Z10 let alone BB10 as a mobile platform to choose from.

No, it was either a 9320 or a 9720 so that's what she bought them. Full time score after Xmas, BBOS7 1:0 BB10

Sorry that first sentence is nonsense. The z10 launched to a wave of publicity as media outlets were genuinely curious about the BlackBerry comeback.
    If you are in the UK and you tell me that the BlackBerry 10 launch was ignored then I will come out and call you a liar.
    The problem is that the z10 did not sell. The price was too high.
    You seem to be labouring under the illusion that 7.1 phones sell because people are looking for cheap BlackBerry phones. They are looking for cheap phones period. Brand does not make too much difference at this end of the market.
    Put the next BlackBerry 10 phone at a price point cheaper than a curve and see what happens

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-27-13 07:27 PM
    Sorry that first sentence is nonsense. The z10 launched to a wave of publicity as media outlets were genuinely curious about the BlackBerry comeback.
    And people here in the UK who paid any attention to that forgot about the Z10 just as quickly as it sunk in to obscurity along with the BB10 comeback.

If you are in the UK and you tell me that the BlackBerry 10 launch was ignored then I will come out and call you a liar.
    The problem is that the z10 did not sell. The price was too high.
    You seem to be labouring under the illusion that 7.1 phones sell because people are looking for cheap BlackBerry phones. They are looking for cheap phones period. Brand does not make too much difference at this end of the market.
    Put the next BlackBerry 10 phone at a price point cheaper than a curve and see what happens
    We are and I am talking about why BBOS7 phones are selling more than BB10 phones, not why someone would choose a cheap BBOS7 over a cheap Android phone.

BBOS7 phones here in the UK sell to people here who are looking for cheap BLACKBERRY phones because they ARE the CHEAPEST BlackBerry phones available here. And that story is replicated in several markets where BlackBerry still has some popularity based on the availability of its cheap phones with physical keyboards, BIS and, until recently, BBM.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 12-27-13 at 09:24 PM.
    12-27-13 08:03 PM
    I agree with the UK posters . If it were not for the peculiarities of certain markets BBOS might not have sold much better than BB10 phones. Unless Jakarta is a home run and the Q30 has a way bigger screen I do not see BB10 making any inroads.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-27-13 09:05 PM
    Totally agree with this statement.....

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:16 PM
1,393 ... 2223242526 ...