You can install the free version of Aqua Mail using Snap on 10.2.1.1925.

It certainly has a prettier interface than K9 and Logicmail. The free version has a non-removable product banner and is limited to 2 accounts.

It also supports Exchange, though not with ActiveSync, but with EWS. (Exchange Web Services) This is the more modern way to connect to an Exchange server without having to pay for licensing EAS.

However many systems don't support that connection method. The hosting provider I use does not.

The Aqua Mail author claims Office 365 and Exchange Online do support it.

Will do more playing around with it later...
    Thanks Omnitech. I just wanted to point out that you should be able to purchase the full unlimited app directly through your Z10 browser ( with latest OS) on their website. AquaMail: English: About - Aqua Mail

This is what the developer says it can do:

asy automatic setup for popular email services: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, FastMail, Apple mail services (@me.com / @mac.com), GMX, AOL, and more. Recognizes mail accounts at domains hosted by Google Apps, Yahoo BizMail, and others.
    Works with many other email services via standard Internet email protocols (IMAP, POP3, SMTP) as well as Microsoft�s EWS (Exchange Web Services) protocol.
    Microsoft Exchange is supported via IMAP or EWS. EWS includes access to server side contacts (personal and global, with lookup), and accepting meetings that can later be viewed in Outlook and other apps.
    Easy automatic setup for Office 365 and Exchange Online.
    Push mail for IMAP (instant incoming email delivery) for those servers that support the IDLE extension (Gmail, GMX, AOL� not supported by Yahoo).
    Plays well with other email apps that you may be using to access your IMAP or EWS mailbox. Uses existing folder structure, can synchronize drafts, sent, and deleted messages.
    A note on Hotmail: automatic setup uses POP3; Microsoft does have IMAP which provides folder access, please see this for details.
    Can save attachments on the memory card, can attach any file type (a file manager is required for picking, my favorites are ES Explorer and Solid Explorer).
    Widgets (two kinds: message counts and message list) can be configured for a specific account / folder / smart folder (unified inbox).
    Message auto-fit (like in Gmail) on Android 4.0 and above.
    Rich text formatting when composing messages, including the signature (as of 1.2.5.0: font style, color, size; no embedded images yet).
    Seamless viewing of winmail.dat attachments (Microsoft Outlook message format) and attached .eml messages.
    A built-in address picker where you can select groups (all at once or individual items), recent addresses not entered into the system�s Contacts app, and Exchange server side contacts.
    Supports for Sony LiveView accessory is built-in, and the newer Sony SmartWatch MN2 and Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2 are supported via an add-on.
    Lots of settings and options let you configure the application just the way you would like.
    02-05-14 06:58 PM
    Please! BES10 is cross platform now! It's best on BlackBerry 10 as it affords work and personal space show me which other device or system has that through Balance? We have 65,000 devices deployed globally and won't even consider any other! The only reason why BES won't be able to offer secure service with other devices is NOT true.as you have stated. What's going to happen will be due to the inherent faults on other platforms due to device insecurity BES or any other MDM for that matter will lock down and restrict other activities outside of work related activities, meaning no apps, games etc etc on those devices.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to see you getting all worked up but you misunderstood my post. I said nothing about BES not being able to manage other devices.

My assumption is that Accenture is using some other MDM that does not or cannot manage BlackBerry 10 devices. So that leads to making them out of policy for employees to buy and use. Pure conjecture of course.

Otherwise why ban BB10 devices if they can be managed?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:19 PM
    Sorry to see you getting all worked up but you misunderstood my post. I said nothing about BES not being able to manage other devices.

My assumption is that Accenture is using some other MDM that does not or cannot manage BlackBerry 10 devices. So that leads to making them out of policy for employees to buy and use. Pure conjecture of course.

Otherwise why ban BB10 devices if they can be managed?

Posted via CB10
    No worries ,not worked up however call it conjecture or innuendo you stated quite subtly that BB10 is considered unsecured / out of policy or banned. If their current MDM is incapable of managing BB10, I guarantee to you its NOT because of security,further to this if they are using whatever other MDM, I trust that you will be aware that those devices will NOT be allowed to download games or other personal apps, rendering the other argument about the switch over is because of the "lack of apps". Null and void.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 02-05-14 at 09:01 PM.
    02-05-14 08:37 PM
    I'm thinking that if whatever device managemt system they have does not support BB10 then they can not manage those devices. Since they cannot manage the device, thry can not be trusted, thus making them insecure.

That has NOTHING to do with the product and EVERYTHING to do with that company's decision not to support Blackberries, nothing to to at all with the product's inherent security.

The CEO of Yahoo thinks Blackberries aren't even smartphones.

There are a lot of stupid opinions about Blackberry out there.
    02-05-14 08:59 PM
    Microsoft Exchange is supported via IMAP or EWS. EWS includes access to server side contacts (personal and global, with lookup), and accepting meetings that can later be viewed in Outlook and other apps.

The problem is most Exchange hosting companies do not support EWS. That's probably mostly of value with Microsoft's own Exchange mail hosting services, or inside a company running their own Exchange server.

A note on Hotmail: automatic setup uses POP3; Microsoft does have IMAP which provides folder access, please see this for details.

That's outdated. Hotmail is now Outlook.com and IMAP is now supported.

Seamless viewing of winmail.dat attachments (Microsoft Outlook message format) and attached .eml messages.

That's handy for the boneheads who send you proprietary Microsoft Rich Text formatted emails.
    02-05-14 09:13 PM
    Aqua with full features only costs 5 bucks. If you are having mail problems it might be an answer. It was for me on my Nexus . I think it is worth a try before ditching a BB10 for a Curve . I am sure though that it is not the answer for every problem as Omnitech has noted.
    02-06-14 09:46 AM
    Somebody of you already made a rollout and now having bb10.2.1 on a bes 10.2 ?

Or is it all blah blah here?

We did a bb10 rollout at our company because it came down to a simple question :

What is believed to be the most secure mdm smartphone combination out there?

We think it's BlackBerry.

Not because it is flawless in every detail.

But the concept as a whole.

And we see the progress they make to improve in those little details.

Yes. 10.2.1 should have been there a year ago with the start of the bb10 devices.

And 3d parry Appstore support for non business users should have been there from the start.

But hey. I am a business user. And there security is one of the most important things.

Well you should also be able to make a call and receive messages...

Of cours e there is still a road to go. I am missing support for non us external keyboards for example.

But so what. Guess it will come with the next update...
    Omnitech and tinochiko like this.
    02-06-14 10:43 AM
    and I am missing snap in the appworld

....because I am also a fun user :-)
    02-06-14 10:48 AM
    I call BS. Although you can fault BlackBerry as a company on so many levels, security is something that BlackBerry excels at and is recognized for. Enterprise security is one of its strengths.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    You can call BS all you want. Fiserv is also dropping BlackBerry. They are a large financial services company.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    02-06-14 10:51 AM
    That has NOTHING to do with the product and EVERYTHING to do with that company's decision not to support Blackberries, nothing to to at all with the product's inherent security.

The CEO of Yahoo thinks Blackberries aren't even smartphones.

There are a lot of stupid opinions about Blackberry out there.
    And what us BlackBerry doing to change thus opinion?

Nothing. Even Toronto dumped them.

J.C. BlackBerry needs to do something other then blow hot air. They are loosing the only customer base they have.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 10:54 AM
    and I am missing snap in the appworld

....because I am also a fun user :-)
    Wrong thread... but anyway snap isn't in the app world, it has to be sideloaded, link is in the current latest Crackberry post

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-06-14 11:38 AM
    Lack of apps is a huge reason

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 11:48 AM
    Lack of apps is a huge reason

Posted via CB10
    Based on...

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-06-14 12:02 PM
    Based on...

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Common sense?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    JeepBB and JCon111 like this.
    02-06-14 12:04 PM
    Based on...

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Based on most posts on the Blackberry FB page where users demand apps.....where they state Blackberry is dead cos there are no apps....where they post "die Blackberry, you have't even got apps"....where they ask daily when they can get android apps.....when they ask almost daily how to sideload....

Then here, a post in this very section....Blackberry haven't got enough apps, and many other app posts.

The Z10 FB page where users are constantly grumbling that there are not enough apps.

The FB Q10 page where users are constantantly complaining re apps.

The FB Curve page , the FB unofficial help page....all complaining about the lack of apps.

Posts on the Blackberry Twitter feed complaining there are not enough apps.

Based on that really.....
    JeepBB, kbz1960 and SalMan50 like this.
    02-06-14 12:49 PM
    Common sense?

Hmm who (a few posts ago) had a go at someone for apparently responding to a comment that wasn't made to them?.. but i guess you just make it clear what kind of person you are..

O7 phones outselling blackberry phones last quarter off 2013 = premise

People choosing a legacy device over a Bb10 device because of a 'lack of apps' makes little sense, it makes more sense when considering why Bb10 hasn't sold well against iPhone/Android

'lack of apps' isn't specific enough for me to even respond to, hence me asking for more information, has the poster taken into account quality of the apps? Future support of the apps? That the os has just had its first birthday?

Blackberry had enough apps that meant it wasn't likely to be a defining factor.. as I repeatedly said, it has more to do with price and marketing than quality of devices for the majority..the average user..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-06-14 12:55 PM
    Based on most posts on the Blackberry FB page where users demand apps.....where they state Blackberry is dead cos there are no apps....where they post "die Blackberry, you have't even got apps"....where they ask daily when they can get android apps.....when they ask almost daily how to sideload....

Then here, a post in this very section....Blackberry haven't got enough apps, and many other app posts.

The Z10 FB page where users are constantly grumbling that there are not enough apps.

The FB Q10 page where users are constantantly complaining re apps.

The FB Curve page , the FB unofficial help page....all complaining about the lack of apps.

Posts on the Blackberry Twitter feed complaining there are not enough apps.

Based on that really.....
    Fair enough and it would be convincing except having the same apps as other platforms simply puts them on par with them, selling phones is about having something the competition doesn't have, giving people a reason to buy your product over theirs, in context of the thread, making BB10 an appeal for legacy users that makes it worth getting an upgrade..

I don't think apps played a big part into that, what I have perceived with ordinary individuals who go into network stores looking to upgrade is their sick and tired of their legacy BlackBerry rebooting, poor battery life etc, and they perceive that blackberry 10 is no better, which is a advertising failure, the message hasn't got through to the general population.. apps that blackberry doesnt have natively (namely banking) that's something that can change over time, that's why I don't think it's that big of a factor..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-06-14 01:01 PM
    Fair enough and it would be convincing except having the same apps as other platforms simply puts them on par with them, selling phones is about having something the competition doesn't have, giving people a reason to buy your product over theirs, in context of the thread, making BB10 an appeal for legacy users that makes it worth getting an upgrade..

I don't think apps played a big part into that, what I have perceived with ordinary individuals who go into network stores looking to upgrade is their sick and tired of their legacy BlackBerry rebooting, poor battery life etc, and they perceive that blackberry 10 is no better, which is a advertising failure, the message hasn't got through to the general population.. apps that blackberry doesnt have natively (namely banking) that's something that can change over time, that's why I don't think it's that big of a factor..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    You are quite right....the smaller memory of the legacy was meant yo cope with the device being a communication tool....and it couldn't be beaten.....but then the kids turned it into a cult phone for BBM, wanted the apps....every app they saw their friends with androids getting....and the phone memory was soon filled, freezing, rebooting etc.

And...this is where I get jumped on from a great height and invoke the wrath of most on here....Blackberry had something unique....and they gave it away.....
    02-06-14 01:07 PM
    Hmm who (a few posts ago) had a go at someone for apparently responding to a comment that wasn't made to them?.. but i guess you just make it clear what kind of person you are..

O7 phones outselling blackberry phones last quarter off 2013 = premise

People choosing a legacy device over a Bb10 device because of a 'lack of apps' makes little sense, it makes more sense when considering why Bb10 hasn't sold well against iPhone/Android

'lack of apps' isn't specific enough for me to even respond to, hence me asking for more information, has the poster taken into account quality of the apps? Future support of the apps? That the os has just had its first birthday?

Blackberry had enough apps that meant it wasn't likely to be a defining factor.. as I repeatedly said, it has more to do with price and marketing than quality of devices for the majority..the average user..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    You do realise BB10 is not only lacking Android and Apple apps, it's also lacking BB7 apps, and not games, banking apps etc

There are many companies/organisations that had apps for BB7 but never made apps for BB10.

bobauckland likes this.
    02-06-14 01:15 PM
    You do realise BB10 is not only lacking Android and Apple apps, it's also lacking BB7 apps, and not games, banking apps etc

There are many companies/organisations that had apps for BB7 but never made apps for BB10.

This is true. My bank has a banking app that I could get for the Curve9320. Not the Z10. And interestingly, I spoke to my bank only a couple of days ago re the app, and inquired if I could use the text "smartphone" facility....but no. BB10 doesn't support it.
    02-06-14 01:19 PM

Yup, that's why I mentioned that quality mattered to, and how long was it before BB7 got those apps? You're complaining that a toddler can walk whilst a baby can't

*that havent yet made apps for BlackBerry10, those that offer clarity say it's simply because there aren't enough people using the Device,.. which voids the point as blackberry needs to find a way to get customers and then justify getting native apps,.. so 'lack of apps' isn't as common sense as you would like to make it out to be..

And for the record their not android and apple apps, the longer you keep referring to them as such the more you'll mislead yourself, blackberry shouldn't be concentrating on being the same as other companies, it should be focusing on its core strengths and using them to pull customers..

many people prefer snap2chat over the ios/andorid version of snapchat...

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    02-06-14 01:36 PM
    Yup, that's why I mentioned that quality mattered to, and how long was it before BB7 got those apps? You're complaining that a toddler can walk whilst a baby can't

*that havent yet made apps for BlackBerry10, those that offer clarity say it's simply because there aren't enough people using the Device,.. which voids the point as blackberry needs to find a way to get customers and then justify getting native apps,.. so 'lack of apps' isn't as common sense as you would like to make it out to be..

And for the record their not android and apple apps, the longer you keep referring to them as such the more you'll mislead yourself, blackberry shouldn't be concentrating on being the same as other companies, it should be focusing on its core strengths and using them to pull customers..

many people prefer snap2chat over the ios/andorid version of snapchat...

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Ok dude, you're right. Let's see how the sales are doing next quarter. My guess is the old BB7 will outsell BB10 again.

02-06-14 01:48 PM
    Ok dude, you're right. Let's see how the sales are doing next quarter. My guess is the old BB7 will outsell BB10 again.

You might be right. Especially where any blackberry's still sell.
    02-06-14 03:28 PM
    Yes, everyone reading this knows that Blackberry has a small marketshare and less applications in their native app store than the top 2 competitors.

How many more thousands of times do we have to read some droll telling us this in response to every question, every thread, every discussion. What is the point?

WE GOT IT.

Hey, here's an idea: let's talk about something that people don't already know, for a change.

Unless people are primarily interested in pulping horses for fun and profit.

Because, yanno... some people are weird that way.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    02-06-14 06:23 PM
    Somebody of you already made a rollout and now having bb10.2.1 on a bes 10.2 ?
    Yep, plenty of BB 10.2.1 users on my BES10.2 now. And they are loving the updates new features!

There's one woman who is a self confessed iPhone fan who told me she loves her Z10 (she had it since 10.2.0) and she never thought she'd ever say she loves a BlackBerry phone!

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 02-07-14 at 02:59 PM.
    02-06-14 06:25 PM
1,393 ... 5253545556