Outlook is ideal on a BB10. Works even better with a playbook too.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:09 AM
    So instead of using those you use Outlook. Simple. That is what I did. Changing isn't as hard as you think. There are cheap migration services if you must do that and when you set up the out of office assistant directing dummies to the new address people get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    And when Microsoft decides not to give it away for free like Google did? Migrate to who?

Making people migrate their 10-20 year old email accounts is not the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    01-28-14 07:31 AM
    With a swipe I could lock all important apps and hand it to my kids. I don't know why they couldn't see this as beneficial to normal consumers.
    BBOS had parental controls. (has). I wouldn't be surprised to see that pop up in BlackBerry 10 at some point.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-28-14 08:12 AM
    Hearing my BIS email cone in 5 seconds before the iCloud email is music to my ears. Occasionally hearing it ring 20-30 minutes earlier reminds me how much I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-28-14 08:55 AM
    BBOS had parental controls. (has). I wouldn't be surprised to see that pop up in BlackBerry 10 at some point.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    Uhhhh...

Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20140128_150434.png

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    southlander likes this.
    01-28-14 09:05 AM
    Uhhhh...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140128_150434.png 
Views:	642 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	242674

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    That's kind of aimed at your kids first phones but it should do the job regardless.

01-28-14 09:12 AM
    BD's signature : Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app

Just a question - what are you using now for phones ?

Was it 9900 to 9720 to Q10 to Iphone this year ?
    01-28-14 11:31 AM
    BD's signature : Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app

Just a question - what are you using now for phones ?

Was it 9900 to 9720 to Q10 to Iphone this year ?
    Long story lol, but right now I'm using a Pearl 3G and an iphone 5 as an iPod touch, with a data only sim, no calls or SMS.

Edit it was 9900 with a free Z10 at launch, upgraded to 9720 but it was crap, returned it and upgraded to a Q10 instead. Shortly after an iphone 5 fell in my lap.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-28-14 at 12:37 PM.
    01-28-14 12:05 PM
    Making people migrate their 10-20 year old email accounts is not the solution.
    In today's world, it's surprising you weren't forced to upgrade those accounts to something more modern 10 years ago.
    01-28-14 03:22 PM
    In today's world, it's surprising you weren't forced to upgrade those accounts to something more modern 10 years ago.

Why should I be forced to migrate my personal yahoo email especially since I use yahoo messenger and flickr? Where's the logic in that?

01-28-14 03:31 PM
    Perhaps the provider hasn't upgraded the account to support syncing?

My email is a mess after "upgrading" to a "modern" mail client and "modern" phone.
    01-28-14 03:31 PM
    lol how old are you? Hotmail was launched more than 10 years ago. Are you saying people with @hotmail.com addresses should be 'forced' to change? Forcing people to change is like fixing something that isn't broken (far from it). Grow up!
    01-28-14 03:40 PM
    Why should I be forced to migrate my personal yahoo email especially since I use yahoo messenger and flickr? Where's the logic in that?

Plus my hosted email is imap idle, since 2008. The only thing more modern is exchange. Was exchange even around 10 years ago?

01-28-14 03:51 PM
    lol how old are you? Hotmail was launched more than 10 years ago. Are you saying people with @hotmail.com addresses should be 'forced' to change? Forcing people to change is like fixing something that isn't broken (far from it). Grow up!

How old is the OS on your personal computer? Still supported?

As for age, let's just say that unless you were around during Elvis's heyday then you are younger than I.

In the digital communications world, technologies change rapidly and interoperability requires all the components and participants to stay reasonably up to date or else communications fail. One cannot expect the technology ecosystem to stand still for 20 years because a few Luddites cannot handle occasional change.

Sometimes methods can be developed to allow people using older systems to communicate with newer ones. Sometimes there are no such methods. Sometimes they entail large compromises and loss of functionality.

You can't buy leaded gas for that 1960's car of yours in this country any more either. Or replacement parts, most likely.

Still have a Genie account? Compuserve? The Source? MCImail? How about that old BBS account? Fidonet? Netcom? Panix? Hopefully you get my point.
    01-28-14 04:53 PM
    How old is the OS on your personal computer? Still supported?

As for age, let's just say that unless you were around during Elvis's heyday then you are younger than I.

In the digital communications world, technologies change rapidly and interoperability requires all the components and participants to stay reasonably up to date or else communications fail. One cannot expect the technology ecosystem to stand still for 20 years because a few Luddites cannot handle occasional change.

Sometimes methods can be developed to allow people using older systems to communicate with newer ones. Sometimes there are no such methods. Sometimes they entail large compromises and loss of functionality.

You can't buy leaded gas for that 1960's car of yours in this country any more either. Or replacement parts, most likely.

Still have a Genie account? Compuserve? The Source? MCImail? How about that old BBS account? Fidonet? Netcom? Panix? Hopefully you get my point.
    How is any of that relevant to this discussion?

01-28-14 05:23 PM

I responded to someone insulting me as being childish for pointing out that we are often forced to stay up to date with many things, particularly when it entails technology and communications.

Perhaps you didn't read what I posted.
    01-28-14 05:38 PM
    Why should anyone be forced into giving up an email address and setting up a new one? I've never had to change my phone number and look how far phones have come in the last 20 years.
    01-28-14 05:52 PM
    I responded to someone insulting me as being childish for pointing out that we are often forced to stay up to date with many things, particularly when it entails technology and communications.

Perhaps you didn't read what I posted.
    Yeah I did and he only referred to Hotmail, where did you get the rest of that? Last time I checked pop3, imap and imap idle are still fully supported and they're not about to go away anywhere, regardless of exchange.

You're getting ahead if yourself a little here.

01-28-14 05:57 PM

Your personal Yahoo isn't business grade and isn't meant to be. I have a Yahoo mail account that I use as my mail for purchases and it fills with Spam. I migrated for real personal email to Gmail, and added outlook.com as another option. I don't sync Yahoo with the phone because it is garbage. I still play fantasy football with the account but Yahoo only supported POP for a while unless you paid more and I found free, better options.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:34 PM
    Yeah I did and he only referred to Hotmail, where did you get the rest of that? Last time I checked pop3, imap and imap idle are still fully supported and they're not about to go away anywhere, regardless of exchange.

And that's kind of funny because one of the many companies in the process of deprecating or eliminating POP support entirely is BlackBerry.

I never wrote or implied that IMAP is being phased out, in fact that's one of the two major more modern options that the Modern Traditionalists (thankyew Devo) are refusing to migrate to.
    01-28-14 07:38 PM
    Uhhhh...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140128_150434.png 
Views:	642 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	242674

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Lol. Well there you go. Never noticed it.
    01-28-14 07:42 PM
    And that's kind of funny because one of the many companies in the process of deprecating or eliminating POP support entirely is BlackBerry.
    POP/BIS was the most reliable email configuration for me. Everything's a mess now, if it works properly.
    01-28-14 08:15 PM
    POP/BIS was the most reliable email configuration for me. Everything's a mess now, if it works properly.

Yes, we have heard that from you about 11,274 times now.

Luckily for Blackberry, probably 98.7% of their users have a better impression of BB10 email.
    01-28-14 08:45 PM

I never wrote or implied that IMAP is being phased out, in fact that's one of the two major more modern options that the Modern Traditionalists (thankyew Devo) are refusing to migrate to.
    Back up a little, a few posts ago I was a accused of refusing to buy a more modern business grade email solution, but imap is modern? Especially imap idle?

I'm confused now. Is my email solution modern or not? If it is why would I need to migrate? Just so my Q10 could work properly?

01-29-14 01:17 AM
1,393 ... 3940414243 ...