I don't know why that would be necessary if done properly. When I bought my Z10 the day it was released here, I had migrated my data from my 9650 that evening without any significant loss at all. Even using the early version of Link that had all sorts of bugs.

You think?

That's correct, though it does support Yahoo's proprietary email push mechanism, which most other smartphone platforms do not in their native email client. (including BB10)

Actually you should be happy these days because BlackBerry under Chen has been making all sorts of concessions to legacy OS users. Clewley was even touting the "floating action bar" in 10.2.1 on 1/17, including a ----- get ready ------ "back button".

Stick around man, at this rate pretty soon they'll be bringing back the 7200 series.
    I wasn't talking about migrating data, rather the data I list when my Q10 randomly deleted. Never happened on BBOS from 2008 to 2013.

I got a Z10 at the launch event, free and I still ended up back to BBOS. Fast forward a few months I used my upgrade on a Q10.

I think I gave BB10 a fair try.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    01-24-14 07:19 PM
    I wasn't talking about migrating data, rather the data I list when my Q10 randomly deleted. Never happened on BBOS from 2008 to 2013.

Yes and I was the one, I believe, that told you that you were not the only one who experienced that issue.

I believe it was a bug in some 10.1 builds. I haven't heard a peep about it in quite a while so I'm inclined to guess that it's been fixed in 10.2 and later.
    01-25-14 09:41 AM
    Yeh I know about BES10 Cloud but I'm not sure it will let you connect users to any ActiveSync mailbox hosted anywhere you want, unless you have heard otherwise? I'm not in the beta but I can sign up to a free trial at work but I just haven't had the time lately.

Well I'm not in the beta program either, I just know that at least 2-3 people who do know seem to have left the impression that it does have a sort of "universal applicability", and I would be inclined to doubt that BlackBerry wants to get back into the email hosting business themselves.

But I can't make 100% concrete claims in that regard because I don't have first-hand knowledge.

Maybe I'll ask around a bit more.
    01-25-14 09:44 AM
    Yes and I was the one, I believe, that told you that you were not the only one who experienced that issue.

I believe it was a bug in some 10.1 builds. I haven't heard a peep about it in quite a while so I'm inclined to guess that it's been fixed in 10.2 and later.
    It happened twice, first time on 10.1 as far as I can remember and the second time on 10.2 and later, even some Z30s were affected.

I'm not convinced the bug is fixed yet.

01-25-14 10:11 AM
    It happened twice, first time on 10.1 as far as I can remember and the second time on 10.2 and later, even some Z30s were affected.

I'm not convinced the bug is fixed yet.

Remember that you can have an almost identical thing happen if you don't know about "Delete all Prior" and activate that by mistake.
    01-25-14 10:26 AM
    Remember that you can have an almost identical thing happen if you don't know about "Delete all Prior" and activate that by mistake.
    Yeah but that would just move them to the deleted folder, completely different thing.

01-25-14 10:31 AM
    I've watched BB10 try to send an email for minutes in such situations, BBOS was simply instant.
    Wow, thanks for that info. One more reason for me to stick with OS7
    01-25-14 12:13 PM
    Wow, thanks for that info. One more reason for me to stick with OS7
    I'm going back to BB7 too, can't stick it anymore.

01-25-14 12:24 PM
    I'm going back to BB7 too, can't stick it anymore.
    LOL, you mean you can't take your iPhone any more.
    01-25-14 12:40 PM
    LOL, you mean you can't take your iPhone any more.
    Both bb10 and iphone, the iphone is crap at email too.

01-25-14 12:43 PM
    Yesterday, I forwarded myself an eMail from my work Android to my regular eMail. In 10 minutes it was still not showing in the (othervise difficult to access) Android Sent Items, and I did not receive it until about 3 hours later.

I don't think this had to do anything with upload speeds, but regardless, OS7 works great for me, so I sure don't see a reason to change.

I'm not upgrading my kitchen appliences either, just because there are new items on the market.

Or does anybody buy e.g. a new refridgerator every time a better, more efficient one comes out?

And yes, while upgrading to a new phopne might be a breeze for some users for various reasons, for other users upgrades might cause quite some work for various other resons that just might not justify the effort.
    01-25-14 02:49 PM
    I'm not upgrading my kitchen appliences either, just because there are new items on the market.

Or does anybody buy e.g. a new refridgerator every time a better, more efficient one comes out?

Read post #971.
    01-25-14 02:54 PM
    Read post #971.
    True.

And that time has not arrived yet. And while it is difficult to compare the useful life of software/electronics to that of appliences, OS7 is still sufficient and still works great, regardless of post#971.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm trying to skip OS10 in hopes of something in the future, that suits my needs better.
    01-25-14 03:23 PM
    True.

And that time has not arrived yet. And while it is difficult to compare the useful life of software/electronics to that of appliences, OS7 is still sufficient and still works great, regardless of post#971.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm trying to skip OS10 in hopes of something in the future, that suits my needs better.
    What post #971 misses is that BB7 devices are still available new with 2 years warranty so indeed, that time hasn't arrived yet, it's quite a few years away.

01-25-14 03:34 PM
    True.

My 9900 works great when it comes to texting, OK for e-mailing and poor for browsing and terrible for available apps. The browser is just too slow and a lot of checker boarding. If I fail to close an app it will drain my battery. Really, I feel that my BB07 device is 6 months from EOL which coincides with the end of my contract.
    01-25-14 07:35 PM
    Bis and the compressed data I believe,
    My brother still has the 9900 and it seems that the data never ends,
    While I'm on KY z10 with a basic
    500 mb and have to watch it continously, unless I'm on WIFI

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:22 AM
    My 9900 works great when it comes to texting, OK for e-mailing and poor for browsing and terrible for available apps. The browser is just too slow and a lot of checker boarding. If I fail to close an app it will drain my battery. Really, I feel that my BB07 device is 6 months from EOL which coincides with the end of my contract.
    Use Opera mini for browsing , quite a bit faster than the native browser.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-26-14 08:51 AM
    Aha, but how many people actually have active sync?
    Oh that's free!! Www.outlook.com

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 05:42 PM
    Oh that's free!! Www.outlook.com

Posted via CB10
    Only with outlook.com, what about gmail, yahoo, own hosted emails? Not free unfortunately.

01-27-14 05:47 PM
    Only with outlook.com, what about gmail, yahoo, own hosted emails? Not free unfortunately.

Yes we get it. You used BIS to make cheap, sh1ty email services and accounts appear to act and function almost like business grade ones. BIS is heading towards the scrap heap, so you can either start working towards migrating your hosted services to true business grade offerings, or you can can continue to complain here and to RIM because they took away your ability to be a cheapskate with your email solutions. People have pointed out many cheap and free alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-27-14 06:32 PM
    Yes we get it. You used BIS to make cheap, sh1ty email services and accounts appear to act and function almost like business grade ones. BIS is heading towards the scrap heap, so you can either start working towards migrating your hosted services to true business grade offerings, or you can can continue to complain here and to RIM because they took away your ability to be a cheapskate with your email solutions. People have pointed out many cheap and free alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    You'd think if his business use of email meant so much to him he would put his money where his mouth is, step up to the plate and pay for a business grade email service wouldn't you?

But that would mean he couldn't complain, whine and whinge about his email and BlackBerry anymore. It would also mean having to admit that it's no longer 2009.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    MarsupilamiX and Omnitech like this.
    01-27-14 08:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is one thing my business needs and that is fast emails. I don't use a cheap email service, in fact the hosting package is quite expensive since I didn't go with a dodgy hosting company but a more known one.

I don't need a thousand bells and whistles attached to my email accounts, my only requirement is for them to arrive in a timely fashion.

And since when is imap idle not business grade?

PS it's incredible how brainwashed people have become into paying more then necessary.

All BIS users are cheapskates now, incredible!

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-28-14 at 04:41 AM.
    01-28-14 01:21 AM
    For the record BB has lost another BB10 user to BBOS, just activated my wife's Pearl 3G until I buy a 9900 or 9790. Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1390896056.894881.jpg

01-28-14 02:01 AM
    It's because of BIS and data subscription is cheaper

Posted via CB10
    NursingNinja likes this.
    01-28-14 03:56 AM

So instead of using those you use Outlook. Simple. That is what I did. Changing isn't as hard as you think. There are cheap migration services if you must do that and when you set up the out of office assistant directing dummies to the new address people get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:05 AM
1,393 ... 3839404142 ...