Right but that isn't Balance, it would be something different. It would be a separate space not connected to separate network. What you are describing could be useful, and should be something BlackBerry could implement easily, but it isn't Balance.

Posted via CB10
    True, but still, an opportunity missed. Not long after WP implemented something similar, kids space or something like that.
    01-19-14 02:55 PM
    I never got lost using bb traffic. I've been using blackberry maps and I have gotten lost several times already. I was lucky I had google maps too.....
    01-20-14 10:47 PM
    True, but still, an opportunity missed. Not long after WP implemented something similar, kids space or something like that.
    I'm not sure I would use anything like it. I'm not handing my kids my phone to play with. Phone isn't a toy and kids have accidents. Balance would be nice if the organization I contract to would allow it on my personal Z10, but they have stated that they will not be allowing any personal phones, just Government issued. So while Balance is cool, it appears that is deployable audience is very small if some of the bigger, regulated customers won't implement it.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:41 AM
    I'm not sure I would use anything like it. I'm not handing my kids my phone to play with. Phone isn't a toy and kids have accidents. Balance would be nice if the organization I contract to would allow it on my personal Z10, but they have stated that they will not be allowing any personal phones, just Government issued. So while Balance is cool, it appears that is deployable audience is very small if some of the bigger, regulated customers won't implement it.

Posted via CB10
    You aren't but go anywhere you have waiting time and there's kids about and you'll see how many parents hand their phone to their kids.

Here's how windows phone does it:

01-21-14 08:17 AM
    You aren't but go anywhere you have waiting time and there's kids about and you'll see how many parents hand their phone to their kids.

Here's how windows phone does it:

Yeah, funny when I was a kid and their was waiting time I had to sit and wait, or look at magazines, or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 08:24 AM
    Well it might be coming in a small form to bbm so you never know, it's been suggested on beta zone in the form of dual bbm status updates/contacts

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-21-14 09:50 AM
    Yeah, funny when I was a kid and their was waiting time I had to sit and wait, or look at magazines, or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    Reminds me of this lol, technology is making us antisocial:

Edit: as you've probably noticed, there aren't that many magazines printed anymore.

Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1390320816.605122.jpg
    01-21-14 10:13 AM
    Kids and waiting have never been two things that went together well. Since my days as a kid and playing my Coleco Baseball, Football and Battlestar Galactica game... parents have been using technology to keep their kids "under control". The technology has changed in the last 35 years, but the days of kids sitting quietly and looking at magazines... has been long over.
    01-21-14 11:40 AM
    Why?

Cheaper to buy
    Cheaper on data usage
    Better Phone ie making calls!, Better Email handling
    More efficient and better overall experience (except for websurfing)
    Mature OS
    Only downsides are battery life, low memory capacity, not 4g/LTE

If BB had updated to OS8 and Bold 8 (with current specs) and brought some of the features of BB10 ie msg previews as they arrive, quick preview when locked etc. They'd have a real winner.
    01-21-14 12:19 PM
    Why?

Cheaper to buy
    Cheaper on data usage
    Better Phone ie making calls!, Better Email handling
    More efficient and better overall experience (except for websurfing)
    Mature OS
    Only downsides are battery life, low memory capacity, not 4g/LTE

If BB had updated to OS8 and Bold 8 (with current specs) and brought some of the features of BB10 ie msg previews as they arrive, quick preview when locked etc. They'd have a real winner.
    I think BlackBerry might need to bring out an os7 update to version 7.5 -- just to keep some of their government contracts. My hunch.

I wish BlackBerry could make it clearer which os7 email features are duplicate-able on bbos10. A single page on their Web site.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 06:24 AM
    I think BlackBerry might need to bring out an os7 update to version 7.5 -- just to keep some of their government contracts. My hunch.

I wish BlackBerry could make it clearer which os7 email features are duplicate-able on bbos10. A single page on their Web site.

Posted via CB10
    Putting the existing users in that position didn't go down well, so they might just have to do that.

After all, isn't BB7 just as secure as Bb10 if not even more secure? What would incentives be for a company that only requires communication from their employees and not apps to change to BES10?
    01-22-14 07:01 AM
    You still have access to your calendar and email on your playbook. You also have access to contacts to. Just set up the same account and it will sync the same. It works via active sync. The other way with your curve is great too but you have to sync your phone with outlook manually and it works better if you did everything either on the phone or on the computer. With active sync it doesn't matter.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:17 AM
    My only issue with active sync is I am forever dismissing calendar reminders on everything

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:18 AM
    You still have access to your calendar and email on your playbook. You also have access to contacts to. Just set up the same account and it will sync the same. It works via active sync. The other way with your curve is great too but you have to sync your phone with outlook manually and it works better if you did everything either on the phone or on the computer. With active sync it doesn't matter.

Posted via CB10
    Aha, but how many people actually have active sync?
    01-22-14 07:23 AM
    New Year, New Problems; heard from my local EE store that 3 have rejected the Z30 this is all UK by the way, also EE are carrying out vigorous tests based on past performance of Blackberry's so availability from them is further delayed..

Only good news is hopefully they might use the tests to market the Z30 as I'm sure it will pass with flying colours..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-22-14 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10

Yeah, you don't have to even go that far, 15 years ago the tech/internet world wasn't really portable. Heck, growing up, we had 1 TV in the house to share, now my kids have flat screens in their rooms, times have changed.

You can't compare nowadays to 10,15, 30 years ago, it doesn't apply anymore. I didn't have a cell phone till I was in my 20's, why? Because their wasn't a use for them before that point and very expensive to use. My first cell phone, I was able to make and receive calls only, I don't think it was capable of anything else. Kids nowadays are given a cell phone at 10 years old, it's crazy, but that's how it is, with today's family plans its so easy.

All this to say, technology + internet as changed all of that in the past 10 years, it will keep on getting better, today's kids won't know a world without it.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 01:52 PM
    Yeah, you don't have to even go that far, 15 years ago the tech/internet world wasn't really portable. Heck, growing up, we had 1 TV in the house to share, now my kids have flat screens in their rooms, times have changed.

You can't compare nowadays to 10,15, 30 years ago, it doesn't apply anymore. I didn't have a cell phone till I was in my 20's, why? Because their wasn't a use for them before that point and very expensive to use. My first cell phone, I was able to make and receive calls only, I don't think it was capable of anything else. Kids nowadays are given a cell phone at 10 years old, it's crazy, but that's how it is, with today's family plans its so easy.

All this to say, technology + internet as changed all of that in the past 10 years, it will keep on getting better, today's kids won't know a world without it.

Posted via CB10
    Right but you don't have to give them your cell phone. Before my kids had iPhones, they had iPod Touch. Putting the phone into a protected mode so you can let your kids play with would probably be a rarely used feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 02:14 PM
    Aha, but how many people actually have active sync?
    Pretty much everyone in the business world and people who use Outlook?
    Not even talking about the endless numbers of EAS hosting services.

You made the same nonsensical statement last year shortly after BB10 came to the market.
    EAS is THE STANDARD in the business world.
    End of story.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-22-14 02:43 PM
    Pretty much everyone in the business world and people who use Outlook?
    Not even talking about the endless numbers of EAS hosting services.

You made the same nonsensical statement last year shortly after BB10 came to the market.
    EAS is THE STANDARD in the business world.
    End of story.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong, you'll find the majority don't have it, not everybody in the "business world" have it, maybe big corporations do, small/medium sized businesses don't. Why? Because it ain't cheap and it's not actually that essential to have.
    01-22-14 02:48 PM
    BBOS is still outselling BB10 because of affordability for some what I truly believe is that, if you've been a BlackBerry user for a while you want the same or similar experience.

A few of the guys at work had 9700's, waited till BB10 and opted to use their upgrade for the 9900. If your jumping from a 9700 to 9900 that's still a major upgrade.

I opted for the Q10 since I already had the 9900, and sometime I feel I was more productive with the 9900. Not that the Q10 is bad or anything, it's faster overall, but something is missing to be has productive. The latest leak made this phone usable for sure.

Buttons are definitely missed when it's -20, -30 degree Celsius, I won't answers calls because I can't take my gloves off that quickly... reach in pocket, phone screen frozen.. try pressing the screen to answer, it won't press, fingers and screen too cold (not only BB issue also on other touch phones)... I know I know, most die hard say buttons are in the pass. Then why does my laptop, my TV remote, my truck, atm machines, etc... etc... still have buttons.?? What gives? I guess my 2012 ford truck is ancient.

I'll most likely change back to a 9900 before this winter is over, out of pocket. That will be another BBOS sold.

What I say, Z or full touch, no need for buttons the OS is fantastic. I have a keyboard phone with a smaller screen that I chose, we have less app due to the screen limitation and I can live with that. If BlackBerry wants to keep that niche or bring users to bb10, better think long and hard about what the next reiteration of the Q-series will be.

For those WHO say:
    We have 15 days to try it, well yeah your right, but we also have 30 minutes of max talk time for a return, so that 15 day doesn't work , I couldn't return my phone before the first day was even over. So your trial is really 30min of talk time, with Rogers Communications Canada.

At work we have 15 BlackBerry pretty much all ready to upgrade, 1 was upgraded to the Q (mine), 3 have upgraded to Bold 9900's, and we have 8 more upgrades coming in March, and they all want the Bold's. So another 8 BBOS!

In the end:
    I do like the Q10, it's a good phone, but it's not great. Would it be too hard to add a virtual trackpad? Also why not give the option to make the space bar or any buttons of my choosing as an answer/end call, while the call screen is up? would it be so difficult to implement has an option??

Call screen is up, space bar become your answer/end call, if I swipe up the call screen to move around in my emails or worksheet, it become a regular space bar.

Sorry, this turned out to be all over the place and longer than I thought.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 02:53 PM
    Right but you don't have to give them your cell phone. Before my kids had iPhones, they had iPod Touch. Putting the phone into a protected mode so you can let your kids play with would probably be a rarely used feature.

Posted via CB10
    You're totally right, but would it be something so hard that it couldn't be implemented as an option? Offering more selling features doesn't hurt.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 03:01 PM
    BBOS is still outselling BB10 because of affordability for some what I truly believe is that, if you've been a BlackBerry user for a while you want the same or similar experience.

A few of the guys at work had 9700's, waited till BB10 and opted to use their upgrade for the 9900. If your jumping from a 9700 to 9900 that's still a major upgrade.

I opted for the Q10 since I already had the 9900, and sometime I feel I was more productive with the 9900. Not that the Q10 is bad or anything, it's faster overall, but something is missing to be has productive. The latest leak made this phone usable for sure.

Buttons are definitely missed when it's -20, -30 degree Celsius, I won't answers calls because I can't take my gloves off that quickly... reach in pocket, phone screen frozen.. try pressing the screen to answer, it won't press, fingers and screen too cold (not only BB issue also on other touch phones)... I know I know, most die hard say buttons are in the pass. Then why does my laptop, my TV remote, my truck, atm machines, etc... etc... still have buttons.?? What gives? I guess my 2012 ford truck is ancient.

I'll most likely change back to a 9900 before this winter is over, out of pocket. That will be another BBOS sold.

What I say, Z or full touch, no need for buttons the OS is fantastic. I have a keyboard phone with a smaller screen that I chose, we have less app due to the screen limitation and I can live with that. If BlackBerry wants to keep that niche or bring users to bb10, better think long and hard about what the next reiteration of the Q-series will be.

For those WHO say:
    We have 15 days to try it, well yeah your right, but we also have 30 minutes of max talk time for a return, so that 15 day doesn't work , I couldn't return my phone before the first day was even over. So your trial is really 30min of talk time, with Rogers Communications Canada.

At work we have 15 BlackBerry pretty much all ready to upgrade, 1 was upgraded to the Q (mine), 3 have upgraded to Bold 9900's, and we have 8 more upgrades coming in March, and they all want the Bold's. So another 8 BBOS!

In the end:
    I do like the Q10, it's a good phone, but it's not great. Would it be too hard to add a virtual trackpad? Also why not give the option to make the space bar or any buttons of my choosing as an answer/end call, while the call screen is up? would it be so difficult to implement has an option??

Call screen is up, space bar become your answer/end call, if I swipe up the call screen to move around in my emails or worksheet, it become a regular space bar.

Sorry, this turned out to be all over the place and longer than I thought.

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 really is being shunned in the enterprise.
    Where are you located?
    01-22-14 03:28 PM
    Bb10 really is being shunned in the enterprise.
    Where are you located?
    We're located in Ontario, Canada. We love BlackBerry's, they are the phone for us, we have been using them for many years.

BB10 is an awesome OS, the Q10 isn't a bad device by far, (got mine in June). For me, the winter months have made me re-think at what I really need out of my phone. Overall we, as a group, still prefer BBOS with the clunkyness and all, go figure. Communication first, I guess.

If BlackBerry made a BB10 Bold edition, that would be a winner. One device to be reckon with, in enterprise. Call it, BlackBerry Bold T10 (trojan) the workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:16 PM
    We're located in Ontario, Canada. We love BlackBerry's, they are the phone for us, we have been using them for many years.

BB10 is an awesome OS, the Q10 isn't a bad device by far, (got mine in June). For me, the winter months have made me re-think at what I really need out of my phone. Overall we, as a group, still prefer BBOS with the clunkyness and all, go figure. Communication first, I guess.

If BlackBerry made a BB10 Bold edition, that would be a winner. One device to be reckon with, in enterprise. Call it, BlackBerry Bold T10 (trojan) the workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    I only ask because I see the same trend unfurling throughout Europe, and now it has spread to the Middle East.
    01-22-14 04:18 PM
    You're totally right, but would it be something so hard that it couldn't be implemented as an option? Offering more selling features doesn't hurt.

Posted via CB10
    Probably not that hard to implement, but is it something that should be on the list above the features coming in 10.2.1? Plus with the focus back on the Enterprise, a consumer feature like this is way down on the list now.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:20 PM
1,393 ... 3637383940 ...