14 day for online shopping, 7 days in store.

I don't see any point in arguing with you for the rest of that stuff, it is what it is. Go ask Vodafone if you want more details.

Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20140108_183433.png

1) not what it says here

2) right.. which is what I asked you if you had done since the way you spoke suggested such certainty when you were expressing opinion.. the fact you're asking me to go and talk to them shows that it was just a plausible theory and you have nothing more concrete so I rest my case..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-08-14 12:36 PM
    Just to confirm I'm not crazy
    Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20140108_184004.png

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-08-14 12:40 PM
    Just to confirm I'm not crazy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140108_184004.png 
Views:	506 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	237070

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Yes you are crazy, that's the policy for the ON LINE shop. 14 days to allow for postage each way. 7 days in store.

Edit, I was wrong, 14 days all around for EE but since we're discussing Vodafone :

7 days

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=qQ15H15K
    01-08-14 01:14 PM
    Quote: "I think you're mixing up BBOS7 'booting up' with coming out of standby."

You pointed out the facts.
    I believe not a great portion of the BB users will understand,
    To most people including myself, perception is more important. They don't care if it is a full reboot or come out of stand-by.
    Pushing the power button, and tic tic tic, 3 seconds later back online to their carrier. That is a great sensation. Don't you agree?
    Yes I agree with you there, the user's perception is that a legacy BBOS phone powers on faster....until you install an app and have to reboot!

When you are running a Real Time Operating System (RTOS) like QNX under the hood of BB10 there is no real way of putting it in Standby mode unfortunately. It's either On or Off, running or not running.

I find I never power down my Z10 or Z30, for me there is really no need to. I charge them up while I sleep and leave them on all day as I'm never far from a power socket and charger. As they are always on they are immediately available to use. However, if you were having to try to conserve your battery then powering off might be your only choice.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-08-14 10:42 PM
    First of all I'm not if the nationality you think I am, second of all that's very rude bordering on sectarianism.
    Not you ya prize lemon! The person who made that quote famous:

01-08-14 10:47 PM
    He basically insulted the Irish, just as well I'm not Irish, or I would've been pretty mad. I still find it insulting though.
    I think you have reading comprehension issues.

Where did I say anything about the Irish?!?!?!

Last edited by johnnyuk; 01-08-14 at 11:49 PM.
    01-08-14 10:47 PM
    Turning off a BB10 device means automatic reboot. I don't think he's confusing anything, he didn't ask for a reboot speed comparison.
    Turning off a BB10 device automatically reboots it? I think your Q10 must have been faulty!

He was confused in the terminology he was using. He said that a BBOS phone boots up faster than a BB10 phone, but what he was referring to was actually resuming from standby on a BBOS phone.

The BBOS phone wasn't actually booting up at all as it had already done that bit, painfully slowly, the last time the battery was inserted or the last time it was charged up after going flat.

01-08-14 10:57 PM
    Here in South Africa the legacy devices are the most used devices in the country, almost every second person you see has a curve (although this is slowly changing) it's mostly because BIS is still being offered and these people love their extremely slow, but cheap and unlimited internet.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-08-14 11:07 PM
    It will not come to BB10, Michael Clewey (I think that's his name) declared it "too complex to implement" a few months back.
    Yes, once BB10 is shutdown that's it, the phone is off and isn't coming back on without manual intervention. RTOS's are either on or off, no halfway house.

That was technically the same for BBOS if the OS was shutdown but it could do a trick when you "turned it off" using the power button. The trick was that the OS wasn't actually fully shutdown and the phone wasn't actually fully powered off so it could easily decide for itself to "turn back on".

I suppose BB10 could have a 'fake standby' mode implemented to allow timed 'power ons'. But it would be rather cosmetic as it wouldn't conserve any more battery life than putting it in Flight Mode and turning the screen off. All tasks would still be running in the background just as they were before you put it in standby.

They'd probably be better off developing Bedside Mode further to have options for putting it in Flight Mode with the screen off between set times.

01-08-14 11:27 PM
    You're making the assumption for a reason, not me, I'm just telling you what the situation is.

I don't ever remember a 30 return policy In UK, it's always been 7 days.
    7 days to return a phone upon receipt is the UK consumer right when it's sold to you by distance selling; online, phone or mail order. The seller may choose to offer more time but 7 days is the minimum requirement.

If you buy a phone in a shop you have no automatic right to return it just because you don't want it. You're in the hands of the seller's policies.

http://www.which.co.uk/technology/ph...-phone-rights/

01-08-14 11:36 PM
    You have to also separate new purchases from upgrades and consumers from enterprise users. A consumer may be more likely to pick a BB10 device while an enterprise user may be forced from say a 9650 to a 9930.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    01-08-14 11:41 PM
    Yes, once BB10 is shutdown that's it, the phone is off and isn't coming back on without manual intervention. RTOS's are either on or off, no halfway house.

That was technically the same for BBOS if the OS was shutdown but it could do a trick when you "turned it off" using the power button. The trick was that the OS wasn't actually fully shutdown and the phone wasn't actually fully powered off so it could easily decide for itself to "turn back on".

I suppose BB10 could have a 'fake standby' mode implemented to allow timed 'power ons'. But it would be rather cosmetic as it wouldn't conserve any more battery life than putting it in Flight Mode and turning the screen off. All tasks would still be running in the background just as they were before you put it in standby.

They'd probably be better off developing Bedside Mode further to have options for putting it in Flight Mode with the screen off between set times.

You do realise you're trying to explain a feature that every phone I had since 1997 had? It's wasn't a "trick" it was a very very important feature on a mobile phone, or even computer. Can you imagine your computer without a sleep mode?
    01-09-14 01:28 AM
    01-09-14 01:47 AM
    You do realise you're trying to explain a feature that every phone I had since 1997 had? It's wasn't a "trick" it was a very very important feature on a mobile phone, or even computer. Can you imagine your computer without a sleep mode?
    OK this is generalising because the two don't do exactly the same things but I'm trying to help you understand:

Windows calls it "Sleep Mode". It's not tricking you.

BBOS calls it "Turning Device Off". It's tricking you.

Whether it is a feature or not is irrelevant to the fact that it is a "trick". When your BBOS phone told you in black and white "Turning Device Off." but it actually didn't, what was it doing?

TRICKING you, or if you prefer LIEING to you.

And why the hell are you trying to lecture me on Operating Systems? I have a degree in Computer Science, I can teach YOU all about them. But what's that got to do with the fact BBOS phones trick you in to thinking they are off when they are not?

01-09-14 01:59 AM
    Point is auto on/off and off with an active alarm was an extremely valued BlackBerry feature. BB10 is not capable if it. End of story as far as I'm concerned. Nobody is twisting your arm to respond to my posts, you do so out of your free will, and if you keep doing it expecting different results, well that's basically the definition of insanity.
    I'm sure that was your point, in a different conversation with someone else, but it wasn't what you called me out on. That was the inexplicable offense you seemed to take to me pointing out that BBOS tricks then user into thinking the OS has shutdown.

"Different results" is all one seems to get when debating anything with you I'm afraid. You move the goal posts mid-conversation more than a World Champion Goal Posts Mover-er.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-09-14 03:05 AM
    I'm sure that was your point, in a different conversation with someone else, but it wasn't what you called me out on. That was the inexplicable offense you seemed to take to me pointing out that BBOS tricks then user into thinking the OS has shutdown.

"Different results" is all one seems to get when debating anything with you I'm afraid. You move the goal posts mid-conversation more than a World Champion Goal Posts Mover-er.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Nobody's making you debate with me, and I'd really appreciate to tone down the insults.
    01-09-14 03:39 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things.
    If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it,
    and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always
    message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is
    in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and
    teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say,
    don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique
    and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry
    users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re
    on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful.
    With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for
    long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place
    interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same
    experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    01-09-14 01:44 PM
    My curve /playbook combo was way more powerful than my current z10/playbook combo.

:-(
    I like my z10 but they took lots of productivity out of the combo.

I don't even have access to BBM on my playbook anymore.

No access to my phone emails, calendar, but my biggest concern is not having access to my notes. I used to type my phone notes through my playbook.

The only advantage I see now is that I can attached pics on texting messages trough my pb.

My pb had lost value due to upgrading the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 01:38 AM
    The whole Tablet/ Bridge idea was a failed concept. I am not sure why you bring this up because I highly doubt that BBOS continues to sell well because someone wants to soldier on with a BBOS/PB combo. In the countries where BBOS still sells, the PB was not popular . I tried to give my PB away for free to a relative and they did not take it.
    MarsupilamiX and web99 like this.
    01-10-14 09:58 AM
    The whole Tablet/ Bridge idea was a failed concept. I am not sure why you bring this up because I highly doubt that BBOS continues to sell well because someone wants to soldier on with a BBOS/PB combo. In the countries where BBOS still sells, the PB was not popular . I tried to give my PB away for free to a relative and they did not take it.
    Lol ill take it

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-10-14 10:03 AM
    And I on the other hand convinced a relative to buy in on the BB10 promise.
    01-10-14 10:14 AM
    I bring it cause I really enjoyed the integration the two devices had. I type way better on my playbook that in any blackberry phone.

texting, emailing, etc way better on the playbook. meaning if I was in a meeting. I would take notes, pics, files, etc on my playbook (even though the files were saved on the phone, cause if I don't have my playbook. I could still use the phone to access my files).

I was expecting a far better experience since z10 was a new phone.

now I want to share something else here.

I recently aquired a pebble warch thar as we know can be used with bb10 devices. well, I was having some challenges due to not being using the os leaks. as result I was using other peoples phones (I phones and androids) to see if the problem was my bb or the pebble.

during this experience I could see couple things:
    -people as general have bad concept about bb even though their phones are more complicated to work with.
    -its hard to find people using bb.
    -it takes a bit of more time to pair devices on iphone and android than it takes on bb10 and I found the entire logic on those phones more complicated.
    01-10-14 10:16 PM
    more erroneous words were never typed

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    01-11-14 11:04 AM
    more erroneous words were never typed

Posted via CB10
    Surely you exaggerate.
    01-12-14 10:47 PM
    Surely you exaggerate.
    if you can qualify your statement it's possible I am, but also possible i' m not.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 11:20 PM
1,393 ... 3334353637 ...