There is no staff, just a small business.

The emails have disappeared completely, sent and received, and they're not in the delete folder either. Just vanished, never seen anything like it. Gone from my laptop and server.

Thinking back I should've turned wifi off on the laptop and moved the emails somewhere else, too late now though.

The email providers I use for small businesses would have been able to restore those emails if you notified them soon enough.

If you're using a free service like Hotmail or Gmail, you get what you pay for of course.

I know about this issue because there are several threads here about it (and on the official BlackBerry forums, for that matter):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emails-774335/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-mails-809615/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...server-768360/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...s-gone-799596/
    12-30-13 05:39 AM
    The email providers I use for small businesses would have been able to restore those emails if you notified them soon enough.

If you're using a free service like Hotmail or Gmail, you get what you pay for of course.

I know about this issue because there are several threads here about it (and on the official BlackBerry forums, for that matter):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emails-774335/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-mails-809615/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...server-768360/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...s-gone-799596/
    Feck me, that is bad! I'm not too technical on this, I'll log into my 1and1 and see what I can do to get them back.

After having the smtp problem and now this, I don't think I can trust BB10 again.

I mean it worked without a glitch since 2008 and BB10 managed to screw it all up.
    12-30-13 05:51 AM
    Could someone please help me here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-os7-887823/

Tan Okan Q10
    12-30-13 06:01 AM
    Nobody other than BB fans are even aware of OS10. When you say blackberry people think Bold and Curve not OS10.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-30-13 06:59 AM
    Nobody other than BB fans are even aware of OS10. When you say blackberry people think Bold and Curve not OS10.
    I keep seeing this and it's starting to be irate.. why would anyone other than a BlackBerry fan be aware of BlackBerry10? They haven't managed to market bb10 in a way that sticks in an individual's mind so only those who search will find.. are you expecting otherwise?

Also have you taken age into account? How long have bolds and curves been around? How long has bb10 been around

Even a lot of people with blackberry font understand bb10, I was speaking to someone on legacy who was annoyed with her BlackBerry (even though they never bothered to update it) for bugs etc and said they would go to iPhone after contract is over

I asked if they knew about bb10, they said they had seen it in the store and 'it just looks like my phone(9***) with a bigger screen' (referring to the Q10) I went on to encourage she actually try and use it and that it was a whole new os etc. Etc.

I posted somewhere another example o think where someone would have considered BlackBerry10 ay upgrade time but didn't know about it, mentioning they would like if bb sent promotional texts (although thinking about it they could even do pin messaging) that let legacy people know about the new devices and it wouldn't even cost them much because theyre letting their people know

'Back to the point, saying Noone but bb fans knows BlackBerry ' which is an assumption (a likely one granted(although if you google Z10 it has a lot of reviews +comparisons from those not considered 'fans')) but still exaggerated assumption

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 08:36 AM
    Everyone's entitled to have an opinion.

No one is entitled to make up their own personal facts.

Tolerance or promotion of the latter is basically the definition of insanity or reality distortion.

Now I realize that humanity has a sordid history with reality distortion, however the technological field is rather hostile to such things because among other little details, you can't build a technology product that actually functions based on silly fantasies. It requires, you know, science, to actually work.
    See but this is the part that really gets to me about you.
    You talk about the importance of opinions over facts.

But none of the things you talk about are facts. You don't know why bb10 failed. You don't know how many people liked deleting mail on handheld only. You don't know how many people loved a trackpad. You don't know most of the things but label your opinions as faqs. Then criticise other people for having differing opinions!

There is only one fact, bb10 is being outsold by bb7 by aa massive margin.
    Why that's happening, well, lots of people have different opinions about that.
    Prefacing your opinion, or other posters who do the same, with 'well I work in it or manage bes systems or am generally very clever ' means nothing on the Internet. Nobody's opinion means more or less than others.

And in the end, if a strategy you have supported, ie giving preference to full touch devices and dropping trackpad bis and delete on handheld, has led to bb10 comprehensively flopping, maybe you should think twice before having a right go at other posters who said bb10 would flop for exactly those reasons you claimed were unimportant.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 09:36 AM
    I keep seeing this and it's starting to be irate.. why would anyone other than a BlackBerry fan be aware of BlackBerry10? They haven't managed to market bb10 in a way that sticks in an individual's mind so only those who search will find.. are you expecting otherwise?

Also have you taken age into account? How long have bolds and curves been around? How long has bb10 been around

Even a lot of people with blackberry font understand bb10, I was speaking to someone on legacy who was annoyed with her BlackBerry (even though they never bothered to update it) for bugs etc and said they would go to iPhone after contract is over

I asked if they knew about bb10, they said they had seen it in the store and 'it just looks like my phone(9***) with a bigger screen' (referring to the Q10) I went on to encourage she actually try and use it and that it was a whole new os etc. Etc.

I posted somewhere another example o think where someone would have considered BlackBerry10 ay upgrade time but didn't know about it, mentioning they would like if bb sent promotional texts (although thinking about it they could even do pin messaging) that let legacy people know about the new devices and it wouldn't even cost them much because theyre letting their people know

'Back to the point, saying Noone but bb fans knows BlackBerry ' which is an assumption (a likely one granted(although if you google Z10 it has a lot of reviews +comparisons from those not considered 'fans')) but still exaggerated assumption

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I have been sent plenty of promotional e-mails from BlacKBerry. Everyone that I know that still uses a BlackBerry knows about BB10. At least BlackBerry has a name. If they changed the name to QNX there would be no name recognition at all.

I do think that sometimes a person will buy a phone for a OS upgrade. My son and daughter in law upgraded to iphone 5S's over Christmas because their old phones could not handle the new iOS as well. I am sure that the same thing is true for androids. At some point you want the latest OS.

For BB10 that would be us legacy users. I really do not think the average consumer cares about phone OS's. They just want a phone that works.

BlackBerry can still turn it around by selling a great premium phone for the high end markets and Jakarta in the lower end. Still it will be difficult. So far Nokia has done a better job at resurrecting the brand.
    12-30-13 09:42 AM
    I have been sent plenty of promotional e-mails from BlacKBerry. Everyone that I know that still uses a BlackBerry knows about BB10. At least BlackBerry has a name. If they changed the name to QNX there would be no name recognition at all.

I do think that sometimes a person will buy a phone for a OS upgrade. My son and daughter in law upgraded to iphone 5S's over Christmas because their old phones could not handle the new iOS as well. I am sure that the same thing is true for androids. At some point you want the latest OS.

For BB10 that would be us legacy users. I really do not think the average consumer cares about phone OS's. They just want a phone that works.

BlackBerry can still turn it around by selling a great premium phone for the high end markets and Jakarta in the lower end. Still it will be difficult. So far Nokia has done a better job at resurrecting the brand.
    1) I havent been sent any, where are you seeing them? And obviously the individual refered to didn't see them, so.. how do they know because you told them? Or they were sent an email? By the way I did mention that to say only BlackBerry fans new wasn't true so is that point really for me?

2) Ermm that's quite a subjective statement, and the fact that you believe QNX to be a possible name replacement kinda redundancies your point ? I don't recall Saying they should change their name anyway I like the name, but it will take a lot of work and money to make that name good and positive

3) but they had the latest OS? They just didn't feel that they got the full experience because they were on an older handset, which is about taste and fashion which vary a lot

4) so you say people care about OS, then say the average person doesn't care? Isn't 'the phone working' part of the OS? If the OS isn't good e.g. a poor UI, then the phone won't work for some people?

5) what happened to Nokia's brand? When did they suffer destructive brand image like blackberry? I've always heard a good vibe about Nokia the old and the new, about how reliable they are, so many meme's etc so could you enlighten me on the content please, thanks

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 09:56 AM
    Do you live near London? Because personally I've only seen BlackBerry10 adverts in and around London, in some train stations as well as billboards, outside of that, I've seen barely any advertising and my xp of people around essex(which is close to london) is a lot of people didn't(until I told them) or don't know about bb10,

and as said in the previous post, if they do know they have minimal knowledge of it adverts are one thing, relevance to our lives is another it's BlackBerry Marketing;s job to make people care..

And frankly so far not a lot of that, but I'm hopefully for the new year

Ease of transition is key, if it's not easy, people won't bother

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I'm in Essex and I saw my first BlackBerry 10 device in the wild the other day! I almost fainted in shock

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:42 AM
    tinochiko:

Yes sent e-mails directly from BB. [email protected]

No they said that their older iphones were bogged down by the newest OS.

I hear no complaints from android / iphone users that I know about their phones. I would say that iphone users that I know are more dedicated to the brand.

Nokia : As Microsoft buys Nokia, Finns mourn their claim to fame | World news | The Guardian

I agree that BlackBerry has a brand image and that is better than none.

BB can turn around it's fortunes. I really do not think that Foxconn is in the game to lose money.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 12-30-13 at 11:23 AM.
    12-30-13 10:47 AM
    And people here in the UK who paid any attention to that forgot about the Z10 just as quickly as it sunk in to obscurity along with the BB10 comeback.

We are and I am talking about why BBOS7 phones are selling more than BB10 phones, not why someone would choose a cheap BBOS7 over a cheap Android phone.

BBOS7 phones here in the UK sell to people here who are looking for cheap BLACKBERRY phones because they ARE the CHEAPEST BlackBerry phones available here. And that story is replicated in several markets where BlackBerry still has some popularity based on the availability of its cheap phones with physical keyboards, BIS and, until recently, BBM.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Exactly. BlackBerry 10 failed to impress. I'm not disputing your other points but a big reason for BlackBerry 10 failure is BlackBerry 10 itself.
    Obviously things have moved on but I still don't believe BlackBerry 10 is ready to take on its competitors even with 10.2.1.
    I think BlackBerry 10 is the future but they really need to develop it more.
    I think it is important to recognise that the os failed to live up to expectations.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:50 AM
    I'm in Essex and I saw my first BlackBerry 10 device in the wild the other day! I almost fainted in shock

Posted via CB10
    Haha where was it? We can make a geomap

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 12:02 PM
    Exactly. BlackBerry 10 failed to impress. I'm not disputing your other points but a big reason for BlackBerry 10 failure is BlackBerry 10 itself.
    Obviously things have moved on but I still don't believe BlackBerry 10 is ready to take on its competitors even with 10.2.1.
    I think BlackBerry 10 is the future but they really need to develop it more.
    I think it is important to recognise that the os failed to live up to expectations.

Posted via CB10
    Could you list what it would need for you to feel that it is taking on its competitors well?

Imo they took on their competitors even with 10.0, but they didn't slam the marketing hammer down hard enough, not just force but precisison too, and as yet, are still yet to do, but I'm excieted about 10.2.1 and bbm beta and can't wait to see how Chen will market things in 2014!

A lot of things where rushed because of pressure to survive I think, now they've had time to step back, admit their failures, recognise their strengths and adapt

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 12:08 PM
    tinochiko:

Yes sent e-mails directly from BB. [email protected]

No they said that their older iphones were bogged down by the newest OS.

I hear no complaints from android / iphone users that I know about their phones. I would say that iphone users that I know are more dedicated to the brand.

Nokia : As Microsoft buys Nokia, Finns mourn their claim to fame | World news | The Guardian

I agree that BlackBerry has a brand image and that is better than none.

BB can turn around it's fortunes. I really do not think that Foxconn is in the game to lose money.
    Could you let me now around what time you received such emails, and what they were promoting? I repeat to havent seen such emails, I would love to hear how low many other people have

Also I think email isn't good enough tbh, there is a pin message feature that is rarely used that could be taken advantage of by blackberry to send short sweet promos and other messages to existing customers
    Ofcourse it could include the option not to get them etc etc

Bogged down? That might be their perception, but I've witnessed ios7 even running on an iPhone 4 just fine

Really? Well I hear quite a few, not many but still here and there, and sometimes you don't realise what you're missing, you can be content with silver if you don't know about gold..

"Tuesday was a very sad day for me," said P�ivi Tuohimaa, who spent 14 years at Nokia as a senior manager. "I was responsible for Nokia brand identity for years and am really sorry that all that will be destroyed now. But life goes on."

The only para in that article I can see linked to brand image, and it implys that any damage to brand will from that point onwards so again where is the damage to Nokia's brand? It'd been viewed as reliable etc one of many examples ;

On that we can agree, it is arguably easier to turn a bad brand image around than having none and trying to gain one, but a lot needs to be done, and fast, high velocity

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Attachment 234598

Ignore the second photo
    Attached Thumbnails Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img-20131230-wa000.jpg  
    12-30-13 12:21 PM
    My wife has iOS 7 running on her 4S and it's been a major battery hog and runs slow and crappy.

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    12-30-13 12:25 PM
    Could you let me now around what time you received such emails, and what they were promoting? I repeat to havent seen such emails, I would love to hear how low many other people have

Also I think email isn't good enough tbh, there is a pin message feature that is rarely used that could be taken advantage of by blackberry to send short sweet promos and other messages to existing customers

Bogged down? That might be their perception, but I've witnessed ios7 even running on an iPhone 4 just fine

Really? Well I hear quite a few, not many but still here and there, and sometimes you don't realise what you're missing, you can be content with silver if you don't know about gold..

"Tuesday was a very sad day for me," said P�ivi Tuohimaa, who spent 14 years at Nokia as a senior manager. "I was responsible for Nokia brand identity for years and am really sorry that all that will be destroyed now. But life goes on."

The only para in that article I can see linked to brand image, and it implys that any damage to brand will from that point onwards so again where is the damage to Nokia's brand? It'd been viewed as reliable etc one of many examples ;

On that we can agree, it is arguably easier to turn a bad brand image around than having none and trying to gain one, but a lot needs to be done, and fast, high velocity

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Attachment 234598

Ignore the second photo
    I got one today even though I opted out of their email newsletters. Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1388428005.063227.jpg
    12-30-13 12:27 PM
    Could you list what it would need for you to feel that it is taking on its competitors well?

Imo they took on their competitors even with 10.0, but they didn't slam the marketing hammer down hard enough, not just force but precisison too, and as yet, are still yet to do, but I'm excieted about 10.2.1 and bbm beta and can't wait to see how Chen will market things in 2014!

A lot of things where rushed because of pressure to survive I think, now they've had time to step back, admit their failures, recognise their strengths and adapt

TechCraze C0008DDD1

Native apps, native services, traditional legacy features, a few USPs.

Marketing is useless without the above, you have to have something to market
    12-30-13 12:29 PM
    My wife has iOS 7 running on her 4S and it's been a major battery hog and runs slow and crappy.

It's a battery hog on the 5s too, but the other stuff I can understand but i dont think that's the main driver for people to upgrade as was implied.

However it also depends how long the phone has been bought for, if the hardware has been worn out then glitches are expected, whereas someone with a new 4s may not experience the same..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    axllebeer likes this.
    12-30-13 12:38 PM
    I got one today even though I opted out of their email newsletters. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1388428005.063227.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	234601
    Can't see it?
    EDIT; I can now, and nice, really haven't seen one of those before which is strange because I have more than one email registered?

EDIT2; also did they send you some when BB10 came out to let you know about Z10/Q10/Q5?
    That's why again I would recommend pin messaging as these are more direct,
    TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 12:38 PM
    Native apps, native services, traditional legacy features, a few USPs.

Marketing is useless without the above, you have to have something to market
    I'm sorry but I don't understand.. do you mean MORE native apps as opposed to any at all, because there are native apps..

Also by services what do you mean? Google play or Blackberry's own services like Express +Maps etc?

And which legacy features in particular? The more specific you are, the better I can understand what you mean

The hub doesn't count as a USP to you? Fully feature bbm? Security, again could you mention some examples because as far as I know BlackBerry has all the above and they can could and should have and should be marketing hard..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-30-13 12:43 PM
    I'm sorry but I don't understand.. do you mean MORE native apps as opposed to any at all, because there are native apps..

Also by services what do you mean? Google play or Blackberry's own services like Express +Maps etc?

And which legacy features in particular? The more specific you are, the better I can understand what you mean

The hub doesn't count as a USP to you? Fully feature bbm? Security, again could you mention some examples because as far as I know BlackBerry has all the above and they can could and should have and should be marketing hard..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Lol, this has been talked to death, where have you been?
    12-30-13 12:58 PM
    I got one today even though I opted out of their email newsletters. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1388428005.063227.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	234601
    I gotta say...it's always surreal when I see you post iPhone screenies :P.
    12-30-13 01:09 PM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    BlackBerry Protect restored
    Custom profiles
    Custom led
    Better hub control
    BlackBerry Link to disappear and replaced with something that works
    Better memory management
    Contact app to be less of a pain to use
    Improved media player
    Custom notifications restored
    Auto on and off reimplemented

FYI this list is just the things I miss from the old BlackBerry os and I fully expected them to be in 10.0. I haven't touched on anything new

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 01:38 PM
    It's a battery hog on the 5s too, but the other stuff I can understand but i dont think that's the main driver for people to upgrade as was implied.

However it also depends how long the phone has been bought for, if the hardware has been worn out then glitches are expected, whereas someone with a new 4s may not experience the same..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Well she has had it for a year and doesn't do much other than camera, txting, BBM, Facebook, email, and calls. No games to speak of or anything else really. And it was immediately after the update and has been that way since. I mean, it's 2 Generations old, and I get that. But I still think it's pushed to the red line of what the 4S is capable of at now with OS7.

12-30-13 02:08 PM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Attachment 234598

Ignore the second photo
    I have about 30 ... but I may have signed up for them in the euphoria before the launch. Topics include all the obvious suspects BBM, BB10, Q10, Z10 and just BlackBerry.

As for the Iphone 4 and the OS upgrades ... I suspect my son was looking for a reason to buy. But read :

Bring Your iPhone 4 Back Up to Speed with These 6 Easy Tweaks for iOS 7 � iOS softModder

As for Nokia, from the reviews I have read, they make a great phone. I do not like WP 8 myself based on just using an in store demo only.
    12-30-13 02:14 PM
1,393 ... 2627282930 ...