No one outside of BlackBerry fans know what BlackBerry 10 is

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Starting to wonder. And if they have even heard of it that still doesn't mean that they know what it actually is.

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    12-27-13 10:23 PM
    Very true

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:54 PM
    Yeah I know I'm not a moderator. So, delete my post and it doesn't get archived. Or leave it and the metacommunication gets archived.

When there is weak leadership, people speak up in various ways. I appreciate your involvement, as a moderator.

Posted via CB10
    The only thing weak is when people unable to debate points like adults try and act superior to other people and tell them what to say or what not to say.
    The mod, one of the nicer ones I might add, just told you very politely you were out of line.
    And all you can come up with is accusing them of weak leadership? Considering the daft post he took notice of, you're lucky you're not looking at infractions.
    Some people. So annoying when every antisocial personality thinks he's actually being meta.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 03:16 AM
    I think a lot of it was a transition issue,some people still haven't heard of bb10 yes, but of those that have(as it's been mentioned) don't want to change, and even if they do, they don't know how

I've been spending some time in an EE store(UK) , and interacting with a lot of different people,one lady had a legacy device that was up for renewal in January, she had been having minor issues with it, but said it was an improvement on her previous BlackBerry device,

When it came to upgrading, she called the carriers and they gave her options such as iPhone 5, Samsung even though she had a blackberry, which meant she didn't even know that blackberry had z10 and that it was an option (she went for iPhone 5)

After talking to her about z10 she said that if blackberry had sent her a message or email or something letting her know they had new phones out, she would have at least considered it, at first i thought it was a ridiculous idea, why should they message her etc impractical etc

But later I thought it might have actually been exactly what blackberry needed, and I went further, they should have made it so easy to transit from legacy to bb10, and at least let the keyboard owners know that a bb10 solution was coming for them too, yes you can Google blackberry and see what phones they're getting next etc but that's not everyone's prerogative

This individual had personally got hooked to BlackBerry from bbm, bbm was what got her to try BlackBerry but once she was there she liked it as a BlackBerry (issues aside)

What I'm saying is even now, they need to make the transition so easy that it's a few taps and all your contacts, app data etc goes from one to the other, I would go so far as to say even for iPhone and Android users they could build something that shows them the same or similar apps on BlackBerry World etc

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-28-13 03:37 AM
    Oh give it a rest Mr.2009, you should be a comedian.

Under 30 million people in the whole world, who are clearly BlackBerry fans or they wouldn't have Liked the page, when over 450 million new smartphones ship globally PER QUARTER!

Guess what 99% of those ain't BlackBerrys and most of the people who bought them have never heard of BB10 even if they could source a BB10 phone to buy.

Walk in to your nearest phone shop in town and ask to see the BlackBerry Z30 and prepare to me be met with the blankest expression you've ever seen in your life.

"Oh you mean the Sony Xperia Z sir?"

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Ok mr comedian, 30 million who get BB10 related posts in their Facebook notifications. Those 30 millions each tell 10 people since they're blackberry fans.

That's now 300 millions that know about BB10.

Also guess what, I like to take my kids to the cinema, for months the Blackberry "keep moving" ads were playing at full length before the movies started.

Everybody and their dog knows about BB10, at least in uk they do, they just font care about it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-28-13 04:35 AM
    Ok mr comedian, 30 million who get BB10 related posts in their Facebook notifications. Those 30 millions each tell 10 people since they're blackberry fans.

Also guess what, I like to take my kids to the cinema, for months the Blackberry "keep moving" ads were playing at full length before the movies started.

Everybody and their dog knows about BB10, at least in uk they do, they just font care about it.

Do you live near London? Because personally I've only seen BlackBerry10 adverts in and around London, in some train stations as well as billboards, outside of that, I've seen barely any advertising and my xp of people around essex(which is close to london) is a lot of people didn't(until I told them) or don't know about bb10,

and as said in the previous post, if they do know they have minimal knowledge of it adverts are one thing, relevance to our lives is another it's BlackBerry Marketing;s job to make people care..

And frankly so far not a lot of that, but I'm hopefully for the new year

Ease of transition is key, if it's not easy, people won't bother

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-28-13 06:50 AM
    Oh give it a rest Mr.2009, you should be a comedian.

Under 30 million people in the whole world, who are clearly BlackBerry fans or they wouldn't have Liked the page, when over 450 million new smartphones ship globally PER QUARTER!

Guess what 99% of those ain't BlackBerrys and most of the people who bought them have never heard of BB10 even if they could source a BB10 phone to buy.

Walk in to your nearest phone shop in town and ask to see the BlackBerry Z30 and prepare to me be met with the blankest expression you've ever seen in your life.

"Oh you mean the Sony Xperia Z sir?"

Blackberry relationships with stores needs to be much improved, they need to innovate not just.on products but on working out something other than throwing money at stores because there's always someone with more money, they need to work some clever deals with networks to bet the airtime in stores..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-28-13 06:54 AM
    Do you live near London? Because personally I've only seen BlackBerry10 adverts in and around London, in some train stations as well as billboards, outside of that, I've seen barely any advertising and my xp of people around essex(which is close to london) is a lot of people didn't(until I told them) or don't know about bb10,

and as said in the previous post, if they do know they have minimal knowledge of it adverts are one thing, relevance to our lives is another it's BlackBerry Marketing;s job to make people care..

And frankly so far not a lot of that, but I'm hopefully for the new year

Ease of transition is key, if it's not easy, people won't bother

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I'm in Belfast and advertising was plenty after the launch, but now the current lineup is almost a year old (Z30 excluded). Sure the Q10 and Q5 came out later but most people don't know or care about that, they're all put in the same basket.

Things have moved on since, all manufacturers have brought out new models, why would carriers advertise last years and unpopular devices?

The ship has ailed for the current range, people have already looked at them and asked the usual question "does it have -name your favourite app-". The answer was no and they moved on.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-28-13 07:09 AM
    Here's another kicker, when I upgraded to a Q10 I was forced into a 4G contract regardless that there's no 4G here yet. And this is the reason I can't go back to BBOS.
    12-28-13 07:11 AM
    I'm in Belfast and advertising was plenty after the launch, but now the current lineup is almost a year old (Z30 excluded). Sure the Q10 and Q5 came out later but most people don't know or care about that, they're all put in the same basket.

Things have moved on since, all manufacturers have brought out new models, why would carriers advertise last years and unpopular devices?

The ship has ailed for the current range, people have already looked at them and asked the usual question "does it have -name your favourite app-". The answer was no and they moved on.
    Its a circle of (whatever that word is) Z10s still need to be sold because there's a lot of them hence prices coming down, increasing the popularity (or that's the plan)

I think you're making things more simple than they are, people aren't looking at phones just for apps, I think people talk about apps a lot because of the gap that was there, but people's first thought when using a phone is not apps imo, it's things like how easy the phone is to use etc

Again there was a marketing failure here, not necessarily a lack of marketing, but the right kind of marketing bolstered by retailers etc, I read the Metro a lot (free newspaper distributed in train stations) and so many times, I've seen carriers advertising the iPhone, not Apple directly, carriers, also Samsung (not just the latest but even low end) again a lot of indirect advertising in addition to the direct.

I stress that the advertising needs to be made relevant to people's lives or as is seen they won't take an interest,

Also BlackBerry can't just forget z10 just because it's a year old, the very title of this post kinda shows that the year something was first made doesnt mean it won't be bought, BlackBerry needs to market effectively on all fronts from the big billboard and TV ads, to in store space

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-28-13 07:48 AM
    Its a circle of (whatever that word is) Z10s still need to be sold because there's a lot of them hence prices coming down, increasing the popularity (or that's the plan)

I think you're making things more simple than they are, people aren't looking at phones just for apps, I think people talk about apps a lot because of the gap that was there, but people's first thought when using a phone is not apps imo, it's things like how easy the phone is to use etc

Again there was a marketing failure here, not necessarily a lack of marketing, but the right kind of marketing bolstered by retailers etc, I read the Metro a lot (free newspaper distributed in train stations) and so many times, I've seen carriers advertising the iPhone, not Apple directly, carriers, also Samsung (not just the latest but even low end) again a lot of indirect advertising in addition to the direct.

I stress that the advertising needs to be made relevant to people's lives or as is seen they won't take an interest,

Also BlackBerry can't just forget z10 just because it's a year old, the very title of this post kinda shows that the year something was first made doesnt mean it won't be bought, BlackBerry needs to market effectively on all fronts from the big billboard and TV ads, to in store space

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    It's impossible for BB to promote the Z10 at this stage, the messaging is already too fragmented with the Z30 for example, no miracast, no USB host, no fancy antenna, no natural sound etc. the Z10 no longer offers the full the BB10 experience, never mind the full smartphone experience.

The only thing they can do is leave it in the shops and hope it will sell, pretty much the same thing they did with BB7 devices.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-28-13 08:34 AM
    Here's another kicker, when I upgraded to a Q10 I was forced into a 4G contract regardless that there's no 4G here yet. And this is the reason I can't go back to BBOS.
    Go and complain about that in your carrier's forum, that has nothing to do with BlackBerry the company.

12-28-13 08:51 AM
    Go and complain about that in your carrier's forum, that has nothing to do with BlackBerry the company.

Are you 100% sure about that? I very much doubt it.

Edit For example many people wanted a BB with just a generic data plan or no data plan at all, who was forcing them on BIS, BB or the carriers?
    12-28-13 08:56 AM
    BIS and the lack of knowledge what BB10 is all about!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:01 AM
    It's impossible for BB to promote the Z10 at this stage, the messaging is already too fragmented with the Z30 for example, no miracast, no USB host, no fancy antenna, no natural sound etc. the Z10 no longer offers the full the BB10 experience, never mind the full smartphone experience.

The only thing they can do is leave it in the shops and hope it will sell, pretty much the same thing they did with BB7 devices.
    You seem to be suggesting that it's one or the other, I believe they can do both at the same time not at the same level though the z30 and Q10 foremost, but still some z10 at the backend, it doesn't have to be direct even indirect via carriers and sponsors would work. The z10 is a superb phone the only big draw is battery life which I believe can be improved by software otherwise it can continue to sell, especially as the price has gone down. But yes the face marketing needs to be on the latest devices..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-28-13 09:10 AM
    Sorry to hear that, if you could indulge me in some more information?.

How/Why where you forced into a 4G contract?
    And what area are you in?
    Also which network are you on?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-28-13 09:12 AM
    Sorry to hear that, if you could indulge me in some more information?.

How/Why where you forced into a 4G contract?
    And what area are you in?
    Also which network are you on?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Vodafone UK on a business contract, why? Good question but I don't know the answer.
    12-28-13 09:15 AM
    Vodafone UK on a business contract, why? Good question but I don't know the answer.
    Ah so your company agreed a blanket deal with Vodafone? Probably because vodaphone plan to release 4G extremely soon, I meant which region? If you go to https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=kD2-l5UF

You can see when/if 4g will get to you

Obviously I don't know but I suspect you got 4G because you have a 4G Enabled phone. So when 4g is available the company doesn't need to change contracts or anything

My 2cents

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    12-28-13 09:27 AM
    Are you 100% sure about that? I very much doubt it.
    Then you are very much wrong.

Edit For example many people wanted a BB with just a generic data plan or no data plan at all, who was forcing them on BIS, BB or the carriers?
    With legacy BBOS it was a deal between the carriers and BlackBerry as to what data plan the customer would get to choose from; namely BIS for consumers and BES for corporate users, although sometimes a consumer could get BES or a corporate user could get BIS if you pushed the carrier's customer services. The tariff included a service charge that the carrier had to pay BlackBerry for the pipe in to the NOC at the carrier's data centre. That was very much a BlackBerry and carrier tie in.

With BB10 not requiring access to the NOC through a special data plan, as far as a consumer goes, it is entirely up to carrier as to the data plans they offer the phones on, BlackBerry have absolutely nothing to do with it. I say as far as a consumer goes because there is one special Corporate data plan that BlackBerry have requested carriers implement for "EMM Regulated" mode on a BB10 phone on BES10 which locks down the phone to Workspace only, no Balance, no Personal space, and forces all data through the BES/NOC, but as a consumer you would never see or know about it.

For example at my place of work I can order a BB10 phone from Orange/EE on either a 3G data plan or a 4G data plan. If I go 3G it arrives with a 3G Orange Sim. If I go 4G it arrives with a 4G EE Sim. BlackBerry had nothing to do with that. Orange/EE could have decided that all LTE capable phones would only be sold with 4G EE data plans and Sims, but they didn't and that's a good decision, choice is good.

Vodafone on the other hand screwed you over, time to switch carriers?

But you know all this, I know you know all this, so why are you arguing that this is not the case? Sometimes I think you just like to argue and you would argue that the sky is green and the grass is blue.

12-28-13 09:28 AM
    Is that on your employer's business account or your own business?

Either could have a drastic effect on your choice of data plans for BB10 phones (and any other type of smartphone), but again for BB10 that has nothing to do with BlackBerry.......unless you work for BlackBerry!???! lol

12-28-13 09:53 AM
    Does anyone think that it might be because of BIS? leaving an email account is tough, I have never used my .net email account on my blackberry all that much but some do. It is more secure and cannot be hacked by the NSA and all that. So, some may not want to migrate and might just be buying a new OS7 phone and transferring over.
    12-28-13 10:56 AM
    Ah so your company agreed a blanket deal with Vodafone? Probably because vodaphone plan to release 4G extremely soon, I meant which region? If you go to https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=69J6YHD0

You can see when/if 4g will get to you

Obviously I don't know but I suspect you got 4G because you have a 4G Enabled phone. So when 4g is available the company doesn't need to change contracts or anything

My 2cents

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    This picture says it all for Belfast Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1388249938.380467.jpg
    12-28-13 10:59 AM

Are you enjoying your pipe dream?! If you knew anything about Facebook "Like" pages you'd know that nowhere near the number of people who Like a page actually receive notifications from it. That's been a bitter bone of contention between Facebook and "the people" for years.

Not to mention the fact that half those people will have Liked the page years ago when they happened to see one of their friends liking it on their Wall and thought nostalgically "oh yeah, BlackBerry, I remember that phone I had" and Liked it too with no intention of ever reading the page or having anything to do with their phones again, the prolonged over use of BBOS as a platform saw to that.

Thirdly, if the way this hardcore of "BlackBerry faithful" at CrackBerry behave is anything to go by I'd be amazed if most of them actually have 10 friends to tell in the first place. Never mind the fact that when you do try to tell anyone about BlackBerry 10 and the new phones the reply is a half stoney faced half quizzicle "BlackBerry....those old keyboard phones... didn't they go bust?" and then they shrug their shoulders and forget about it. BlackBerry is dead to real everyday people.

Yep I saw those adverts too in the spring and summer. They've stopped. The marketing train derailed, crashed, burned and killed all souls on board.

I would never in a million years say that "everyone and his dog" saw the BB10 advertising in the UK, but whatever.

People who saw the advertising for BB10 in the UK when it was running didn't even care to take it in and retain the information because they switched off when hey saw the BlackBerry name and logo. The brand was already dead to them and unfortunately the advertising was so bland and ineffective it didn't reignite or reinvent the brand in any way in people's minds.

12-28-13 11:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    In fairness, none but the hardcore android user knows an ice cream sandwich from a jelly bean. Same holds true for iOS 6 and 7.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk and JeepBB like this.
    12-28-13 11:08 AM
1,393 ... 2324252627 ...