Sorry, why do you think that BB10 isn't stable in the workplace? Besides that beyond email BBOS is very limited in how useful it can be in the workplace. My BB10 users on my BES10 server love their BB10 phones compared to the BBOS phones they had to endure last year.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK
    sorry i was wrong then assuming the reason why bbos users do not want to migrate to bb10 devices. As long as the company buys bes 10 and runs it side by side with bes 5, bbos user can migrate to bb10 devices. The sole reason not to migrate is merely the fact that bb10 devices lack of bbos features and it is a personal choice from the users.

Am i correct?
    12-22-13 02:13 PM
    sorry i was wrong then assuming the reason why bbos users do not want to migrate to bb10 devices. As long as the company buys bes 10 and runs it side by side with bes 5, bbos user can migrate to bb10 devices. The sole reason not to migrate is merely the fact that bb10 devices lack of bbos features and it is a personal choice from the users.

Am i correct?
    In my experience most BBOS users in the workplace don't even use 99% of those features that aren't in BB10. I'm struggling to think of any good ones, in the workplace on BES10 you still get compression of your work space data comms through the NOC. Please don't say "trackpad", it's the most overrated legacy feature, not a single one of my ex-BBOS users misses the trackpad one bit. They had all moved on to touch only phones without trackpads in their personal lives way before this year.

Users in a corporate environment don't usually get to choose what phone they get to stick with or move on to, it's dictated to them, unless they are top level C people - CEO, COO, CFO etc

To be perfectly honest then main barriers I've seen stopping workplaces migrating from BBOS to BB10 isn't having to install a BES10 server it's that they don't even know about BB10 devices and BES10 server in the first place, or they don't realise there is a night and day difference. And unfortunately that includes many IT departments.

From the sound of it Chen has identified this as a problem and is ramping up resources to promote awareness of BB10 and BES10 in enterprise and support companies and organisations in their efforts to get BES10 in and get BB10 phones, and Android and iOS devices hooked up so the revenue starts coming in from annual CALs for managed devices. And not a moment too soon.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-22-13 02:29 PM
    Three little letters B....I....S!

It is why BlackBerry did/does so well in emerging markets where data is expensive. It was always the big draw card here in South Africa. It now costs as much to run a Z10 as it does a high end Android device. Consumers prefer the Android phones because of the Apps.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    12-22-13 02:41 PM
    Three little letters B....I....S!

It is why BlackBerry did/does so well in emerging markets where data is expensive. It was always the big draw card here in South Africa. It now costs as much to run a Z10 as it does a high end Android device. Consumers prefer the Android phones because of the Apps.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    That's certainly the case in places where 3G/4G data is very expensive but it obviously doesn't add up in places where it really isn't expensive, like here in the UK.

Lack of BB10 uptake is a complex problem with complex reasons, and those reasons differ from region to region.

12-22-13 02:49 PM
    That's certainly the case in places where 3G/4G data is very expensive but it obviously doesn't add up in places where it really isn't expensive, like here in the UK.

Lack of BB10 uptake is a complex problem with complex reasons, and those reasons differ from region to region.

The problem in UK is there's still vast areas without 3G and where there's no 3G BBOS runs rings around BB10 and all other platforms which grind to a halt.
    12-22-13 03:07 PM
    The story in the link below should give better understanding on what happen with blackberry in the emerging markets

Indonesians Still Love Their BlackBerrys - Businessweek
    That article is a year old. A year in the smartphone world is a long time.
    12-22-13 03:08 PM
    The problem in UK is there's still vast areas without 3G and where there's no 3G BBOS runs rings around BB10 and all other platforms which grind to a halt.
    Really? Like in cities?
    12-22-13 03:10 PM
    Really? Like in cities?
    Plenty areas in cities and inside buildings but in the countryside it's pretty much just EDGE or GPRS.

BB10 on GPRS basically only BBM and email works, forget about anything else.
    12-22-13 03:12 PM
    Pretty sad given how small that island is. They should invest more in the infrastructure. Must be too much regulation.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 03:13 PM
    Plenty areas in cities and inside buildings but in the countryside it's pretty much just EDGE or GPRS.

I was on EDGE yesterday when I picked up my son from college. It was definitely slow, but Poynt, Facebook and Twitter All still worked, just had to allow them time to roam. Most of the time I enjoy LTE or HSPA and it works in buildings most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 03:16 PM
    Pretty sad given how small that island is. They should invest more in the infrastructure. Must be too much regulation.

Posted via CB10
    Here's the area around Belfast, the red areas are 2G only. Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1387747326.980340.jpg
    12-22-13 03:22 PM
    Seems like lack of marketing is the main reason, not enough people know how good BB10 is.
    12-22-13 03:23 PM

Wow, didn't know that. I always thought Europe was ahead of the U. S. in deploying 4G.

I'm going to Germany next year. Hope things are better there.
    12-22-13 03:26 PM
    I think they know very well why by now, the question is what are they gonna do about it?
    Yes that is the question. My bet is keep adding more BBOS-like features to BlackBerry 10.
    12-22-13 03:27 PM
    Seems like lack of marketing is the main reason, not enough people know how good BB10 is.
    I don't think it would matter much. Most people are already happy with capable devices.
    12-22-13 03:28 PM
    What area in the UK doesn't have 3G?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 03:32 PM
    What area in the UK doesn't have 3G?

Posted via CB10
    Look above a few posts, I posted a coverage map for Vodafone around my area. The red areas are 2G only.
    12-22-13 03:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    The comment about regulations was ironic, right?

That article is a year old. A year in the smartphone world is a long time.
    That's why I referred to another article.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 03:54 PM
    The comment about regulations was ironic, right?

Posted via CB10
    Probably not and he'd be correct. Mobile phone masts are subject to planning regulations and since they need to go on highest points that's where you also get prehistoric burials. My wife protects them and she hasn't seen a planning application for one in a long time.
    12-22-13 03:57 PM
    Jakarta is doomed IMHO. Low end market is even bigger slaughter than high end. Its crowded with really cheap Androids. I'm not sure BBRY even knows what cheap means. Only way BBRY could build stable foundation from which they try to compete is to create Android device with QNX player, which would be 100% compatible with variety of Android apps, which would have formal android app store with tested apps.
    Correction, it's crowded with really cheap Windows Phone.

Sent from my SM-T217S using CB Forums mobile app
    12-22-13 04:05 PM
    I think why is very important. BlackBerry can't address issues without knowing "why" BlackBerry 10 is failing to catch on.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1259
    I'm going with apps and the BlackBerry stigma. They have had a reputation for being not as good at what the average consumer wants. Now they have an awesome OS but still are missing apps that people want. So in the eyes of the mass, the story continues unchanged. Meanwhile other OEMs have brought on even more fierce competition (ie, Google Now and other deep integration services) in the eyes of, again I say it, the "average" consumer while BBRY still can't get the app situation fixed.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 via the power of Q
    Last edited by axllebeer; 12-22-13 at 04:22 PM.
    12-22-13 04:10 PM
    Probably not and he'd be correct.
    Here I disagree vehemently.
    You see that in markets with heavier regulations, network coverage and prices are actually in favour to the consumer.

You also see the same effect with broadband and fiber coverage in countries with more regulations.

Less regulations rather tend to give higher prices and worse service.
    Look no further than America's duopoly of AT&T and Verizon in the cell phone space.
    Or take a look at the Internet providers...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3320473.html

Regulations aren't always bad, especially when we look at one of the most liberal (in an economic sense) countries in the world, the USA and compare them with stricter regulated markets like the EU.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    12-22-13 04:15 PM
    Look above a few posts, I posted a coverage map for Vodafone around my area. The red areas are 2G only.
    How old was that picture?
    It does not look like that right now

Why does OS7 continue to outsell BB10?-img_20131222_221730.png

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-22-13 04:18 PM
    http://newamerica.net/publications/p...nectivity_2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3645927.html

Sorry guys, but regulations can have very positif effects.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 04:23 PM
    How old was that picture?
    It does not look like that right now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131222_221730.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	232503

Posted via CB10
    You're looking at the 2G coverage map
    12-22-13 04:24 PM