I am trying to install Blend/Link (BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe) on a Win 10 PC. Install hangs at "Getting Installation Files" and never completes.

BB Z10 OS 10.3.2.556
    08-03-15 07:28 AM
    Have you tired running it as admin?
    08-03-15 07:33 AM
    I have run as admin
    08-03-15 10:29 AM
    After manually uninstalling BB drivers and removing existing RIM folders it now goes a little bit further in the install process, Now stalls at Processing: Drivers. I originally had BB Link on the machine before Win10 upgrade. It quit working so I went to upgrade to Blend / Link and now I am stuck with nothing. Have tried running individual MSI files also.
    08-04-15 03:05 AM
    Any more help with this?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 06:19 AM
    I'm stuck at the same spot this morning. It was working fine then as of a day or two ago it quit recognizing the device being plugged in via USB. It must be something to do with win10 updates but I've removed the latest. Maybe I'll go back further.
    01-03-16 08:32 AM
    Uninstall Link and then re-install it. In place OS upgrades of any kind can often break drivers, or prevent their services from starting.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:19 AM
    thanks, I've now tried that numerous times always failing with the USB drivers not being loaded even the phone wouldn't pass on the driver even though it tries. Had to go back a couple weeks in system restore but finally got it working. Still not sure what the cause was.
    01-04-16 03:16 AM
    All of a sudden, Link stopped working; after re-booting, etc, and still would not work (WINDOWS FINDS A PROBLEM or some such nonsense), I uninstalled Link, tried again. Hangs forever; Uninstalled MS Net Framework 4 and trying again; same thing; plenty of space on this computer so no idea what the deal is. Should I install MS Net framework first from MS, and then tried to re-install Link?Thanks to all.
    10-16-16 04:16 PM
    A mate had a problem with having iTunes installed together with Link. The latest version of iTunes on Windows 10 seems to break Link's installation process.

Try uninstalling iTunes, (re-)install Link, and hopefully ... happy! :-D

•   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   •
    10-16-16 07:45 PM
    A mate had a problem with having iTunes installed together with Link. The latest version of iTunes on Windows 10 seems to break Link's installation process.

Try uninstalling iTunes, (re-)install Link, and hopefully ... happy! :-D

•   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   •
    This literally, i have an old version of itunes on My win10 machine alongside outlook 2010 (a old cheap license) and i exploit everithing on machine, heck i can even use desktop software for bbos to sync email and music vía itunes

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 08:13 PM