I cannot get the official BB site to load on my PC. It loads the mobile version with this address: BlackBerry Home

Any idea why this is happening?
    01-02-10 09:54 PM
    You are using the mobile version: m.blackberry.com not just blackberry.com, edit your favorite by removing the m
    01-02-10 10:04 PM
    exactly you linked the mobile version of the site
    01-02-10 10:33 PM
    That and you can change the view in the bottom left corner.
    01-03-10 01:24 AM
    You are using the mobile version: m.blackberry.com not just blackberry.com, edit your favorite by removing the m
    No it isn't. The URL for my favorite is http:\\Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com

Yet, when I link to it, the mobile version comes up.
    01-03-10 07:24 AM
    do you have it bookmark?
    01-03-10 08:08 AM
    do you have it bookmark?
    Yes, it is bookmarked and the address is correct.
    01-03-10 08:26 AM
    Yes, it is bookmarked and the address is correct.
    Hi,
    Try clicking on this link and post back which site comes up ? It should not be a mobile version(similar to what you have in post #5)

Smartphone - Smart Phone at BlackBerry.com <---- North American Blackberry site

PS : the actual URL address is http:// na. blackberry .com /eng / (I added spaces to disable the link on this one)
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-03-10 at 09:36 AM. Reason: ps added
    01-03-10 09:18 AM
    Hi,
    Try clicking on this link and post back which site comes up ? It should not be a mobile version(similar to what you have in post #5)

Smartphone - Smart Phone at BlackBerry.com <---- North American Blackberry site

PS : the actual URL address is http:// na. blackberry .com /eng / (I added spaces to disable the link on this one)
    I clicked on that link and it brought me to the same page as always. It keeps showing this address in the address bar:

BlackBerry Home What does the "m" stand for?
    01-03-10 12:48 PM
    Not sure what is wrong there.

Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com

Maybe try deleting your internet history, cookies etc?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-03-10 at 02:10 PM. Reason: add info
    01-03-10 02:07 PM
    Not sure what is wrong there.

Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com

Maybe try deleting your internet history, cookies etc?
    I deleted the history and cookies, but it still goes to BlackBerry Home

I'm stumped!
    01-03-10 02:23 PM
    Type the address in the address bar or copy and paste below (delete the space between www and .) and save that as a favorite after it loads if it loads the correct page.

http://www .blackberry.com
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-03-10 at 02:29 PM. Reason: huh
    01-03-10 02:27 PM
    Type the address in the address bar or copy and paste below (delete the space between www and .) and save that as a favorite after it loads if it loads the correct page.

http://www .blackberry.com
    Still doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
    01-03-10 03:59 PM
    I clicked on that link and it brought me to the same page as always. It keeps showing this address in the address bar:

BlackBerry Home What does the "m" stand for?
    That "m" stands for mobile. I don't know really why you can't get to the normal pc version of the site either or how much you know about computers. If it was my computer I would run some scans but you may rather have a friend do it if you are not comtable doing it .I don't wana guess because the possiblities are many and all.Also it could be as mentioned above. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 05:14 PM
    What browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox etc? You could try to download ccleaner and have it remove all your crap files. I always untick install yahoo toobar and then after install I go into options, advanced and untick only delete in windows temp folder older than 24 hours.

CCleaner - Home
    01-03-10 05:27 PM
    What browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox etc? You could try to download ccleaner and have it remove all your crap files. I always untick install yahoo toobar and then after install I go into options, advanced and untick only delete in windows temp folder older than 24 hours.

CCleaner - Home
    I'm using IE 8. I may reinstall it and see if it can overwrite some corrupted files that may be the problem.
    Thanks
    01-03-10 06:47 PM
    Ditch IE8 and use Google Chrome. You won't go back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD