Lol that's a great go to post when someone posts something that you disagree with in the forums. Well done.
    Oh my god, just close the thread already. It's impossible to have any type of conversation without people getting all defensive.

I wasn't calling for Chen's head, I wasn't saying he was a bad CEO, I called him boring. Oh my god it's so awful. All you guys in an uproar can settle down. All I said is I think that BB should have a "People person" who can demo and show BB10 features and try to inspire people to give it a try. If that is too much for some of you to handle then you need to get a life.

So you start a deliberate troll thread and then turn around and accuse other people of trolling you, and tell them to "get a life" when they disagree with your critical comments?
    Attached Thumbnails Why does John Chen have to be so boring?-double_lol.jpg  
    04-25-14 03:34 AM
    It really baffles my mind how people see little snippets of things and assume it's a binary "all or nothing" approach that Chen is taking.

I have found that the majority of online opinionating is merely a pre-existing stance waiting for an excuse to espouse it.

Tomorrow I will post a thread stating that because I saw 2 leaves fall on my driveway, this must mean that BlackBerry will cease to exist as a company in 2 months.

Seriously: I thought Thorsten Heins was a great improvement from Lazaridis and Balsillie. Too bad he wasn't enough of an improvement, combined with the giant mess he had been handed.

And regarding Chen, while I certainly do not find him flashy, nor do I find him - so far - to be much of a technological visionary, I do think that he may be the right person for now to get the company back on its feet.

What BlackBerry needs right now is professionalism, steady revenue stream, execution, and stability. Flash can come later.
    04-25-14 03:40 AM
    Calm down people. I've never had a smartphone other than BlackBerry. I say what I say cause I find it sad what is happening but I guess you guys are fine with it.

I wanted to see the company come back. Guess you all love Chen's schizophrenic approach to running the company. He isn't going to bring it back, that's for sure. He's here to wrap things up. Fire anyone who can program the OS or design phones.

And they did try to sell the company. No one bought it.

You all keep drinking Chen's grape kool-aid.

I'm the BlackBerry patriot. You Chen lovers are the harbingers of death.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    How about looking from a business perspective that BlackBerry consumer market failed and it needs to focus on enterprise business? Most of the consumers market that is still doing well are emerging market like Africa, Indonesia, India and perhaps Middle East. We tend to be western centric here thinking Hollywood or the music industries personality somehow can revive the BlackBerry lagging consumers market. Not even if you combine the casts of Ocean 11 and High School Musical would make a difference. Should Chen play saxophone on a talk show or host SNL? I gather this is the internet, our lives can be boring if we do not get entertain by real people from the outside world. One can't expect to wake up in the morning and summon " World! Entertain me!!"
    Omnitech and Septembersrain like this.
    04-25-14 05:57 AM
    So...just because BB is turning back to the enterprise market, people think they DON'T need someone who can turn their attention from the iPhones and Galaxy Notes that people have been using for the past few years and show them what BlackBerry can do for their business? I still think BB will need someone enthusiastic and confident for this task. Again, I'm not saying that Chen isn't this person. We haven't seen him showcase any new products yet. But the sentiment I'm getting is that it's fine to be a little boring because BB is now focusing on catering to the enterprise market. I don't believe this to be a good strategy.
    04-25-14 08:41 AM
    So...just because BB is turning back to the enterprise market, people think they DON'T need someone who can turn their attention from the iPhones and Galaxy Notes that people have been using for the past few years and show them what BlackBerry can do for their business? I still think BB will need someone enthusiastic and confident for this task. Again, I'm not saying that Chen isn't this person. We haven't seen him showcase any new products yet. But the sentiment I'm getting is that it's fine to be a little boring because BB is now focusing on catering to the enterprise market. I don't believe this to be a good strategy.
    I agree, and I say this because I am the BES admin at my job, and we started doing BYOD at the beginning of 2014. I used to have close to 100 users on my BES, and now down to 15. This is because when we went to BYOD, everyone wanted to use their iPhones/Androids. I only have 2 people who are using Z10's. The ones who switched to their other smartphones are able to do all of their business stuff on their iPhones and Androids. The only complaint I hear from them every now and then is how they miss their keyboard on their 9930's. Other than that, they all tell me that they are happy to have a device that can do both work and play. I try to sell BB10 to them, but haven't been able to convince anyone and it's mostly because they haven't heard of it and they want to stick with that they know, or know about. I think Chen should be in the frame of mind to push hard on enterprise and play side since this would be good for others who don't want to carry around two devices.
    04-25-14 09:19 AM
    Consider this a merciful ending.
    Ecm, Elite1, guygardner73 and 4 others like this.
    04-25-14 09:59 AM
106 ... 345