Why are you so negative on Chen? If you can do better then get your *** up to BB headquarters and run the show and let us see what you have to offer and we will judge you from the second you open your mouth!!!
    Never mind the others, you make a good point and I don't think you are angry nor are you related to Chen
    04-24-14 10:21 AM
    So now trolls and haters have the entitlement to dictate how a CEO of a company that they supposedly hate, spit, gloat all that dooms-day saying (since the first iPhone came out, BlackBerry's supposed to be already dead bla bla bla bla)... to behave?

I mean, really?

Trolls and haters are THAT entitled to dictate how a leader of a corporation should behave?

That's some really twisted, twisted sense of entitlement.
    04-24-14 10:39 AM
    Lol that's a great go to post when someone posts something that you disagree with in the forums. Well done.
    Your posts make up who you are. Your tone and direction in your past posts reveal exactly what is your opinions on the company. Way to go to try and squirel. It IS expected of you to do low blows on the company or anything related to the company, given the past records of your post.

I'm going to open my palm with the stone on it. Chances are it will drop, as always. It can however, float up, and I'm not expecting that.

In your case, that's EXPECTED of you. Rightfully as per the post you quoted.
    04-24-14 10:42 AM
    If making things right and saying right things are boring to you, then what else are not?
    04-24-14 10:52 AM
    Who did I mock? Again I never said I didn't like him. If I don't bow down and praise his every move as god-like then I don't like him? I never said he was a bad CEO. All you ever hear in here is we need BB10 to be promoted more, that people don't know about it. Would it kill BB to have someone who could show off the features of the phone and show some of the cool stuff it does? And you don't want time mocking people or "ragging" on them for supporting Chen (which I didn't do) but it's ok for people to rag me because I thought may he or someone else could bring a little life to the way BB10 is presented? Again, I guess I have to worship him and think his every move is God-like.

If he left the company tomorrow these threads would be filled with posts on how he was a terrible choice and that he didn't know what he was doing to begin with, just like all of the Thor "Avengers" were doing as soon as he was fired.
    It's funny how you position your posts as simple fact-giving but anyone you doesn't join in lock-step with you now treats Chen as "god-like". A little exaggerated, don't you think?
    04-24-14 10:59 AM
    I don't agree with your assessment of Chen, I think he's doing okay...but I do agree that the attitude towards Chen on the boards is the same as towards Thor when he first came on: "He's a breath of fresh air! A miracle worker! Just what BB needs!"...then he leaves and those same people acted like he should be burnt at the stake while crowing about Chen being a breath of fresh air, a miracle worker, and just what BB needs.

Chen is great. Until he isn't and the next big CEO shows up.
    Could you cite an example of "the same people" completely changing their opinions? I have a feeling it is actually different people, but that just doesn't sound as good for your argument...
    04-24-14 11:01 AM
    Wow. There's a lot of reading between the lines for stuff that I doubt was intended.

OP, do you find that because you find him boring his communication abilities are suffering? Because that is a potential problem for a company that needs all the attention it can get from a fickle audience. And it is not dissing the company or personnel to comment on that.

I disagree that CEOs cannot or should not be engaging, charismatic, attention-getting. They are, after all, the human face of their company.Legere and Elon Musk of Tesla pop to mind. I would rather listen and watch them in regards to their product than some actor or celebrity (I really do not give a rat's patootie on the latter). But the CEO has to be perceived as honest and reliable as well so no snake-oil sales, please. So it's a fine line between a smart speaker without having anything to say vs being considered trustworthy but uninteresting and thus tuned out.
    04-24-14 11:10 AM
    Could you cite an example of "the same people" completely changing their opinions? I have a feeling it is actually different people, but that just doesn't sound as good for your argument...
    There's also another problem to their assessment.

They assume everyone supported Thor when he came in.
    They assume EVERYONE poo-poo-ed Thor when he went out.
    They assume the SAME EVERYONE supported John Chen when he came in.

And for whatever reason they assume the SAME SET OF EVERYONE will poo-poo John Chen at the slightest sign of trouble.

Problem is, them and their assessment, can just be thrown into the trash (not even worth dumping it into the sea)

I liked Thor, even when he went out. I think he's worth defending over, despite his mistake(s), or seem to be mistakes. At least in my eyes he has done right things.
    I liked Chen too and I liked what he does.

You know what I see?
    I'll assume this way:

The same trolls who have been poo-poo-ing Thor when he got on.
    These same trolls continued to poo-poo Thor when he went out.
    These very same set of trolls try to drag everyone who isn't part of them into their game of poo-poo-ing Thor.
    And now they are repeating that with John Chen.

I think its fair time, high time to call them out on their game. And let them be hung to be impaled like the very trolls they are.
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-24-14 11:11 AM
    Your posts make up who you are. Your tone and direction in your past posts reveal exactly what is your opinions on the company. Way to go to try and squirel. It IS expected of you to do low blows on the company or anything related to the company, given the past records of your post.

I'm going to open my palm with the stone on it. Chances are it will drop, as always. It can however, float up, and I'm not expecting that.

In your case, that's EXPECTED of you. Rightfully as per the post you quoted.
    Dear God, ok, yes you are right. You make it sound like we are trying to cure cancer in here. It's an Internet forum general discussion area where you are supposed to talk about whatever you want BB related. I'm glad you were able to sift through my 7 years of posts though to find that I only post negative things, which couldn't be farther from the truth.
    milo53 likes this.
    04-24-14 11:17 AM
    Dear God, ok, yes you are right. You make it sound like we are trying to cure cancer in here. It's an Internet forum general discussion area where you are supposed to talk about whatever you want BB related. I'm glad you were able to sift through my 7 years of posts though to find that I only post negative things, which couldn't be farther from the truth.
    Thanks?
    04-24-14 11:25 AM
    You're a big boy and can search. I'm at work and can't do the work for you right now.

But don't try to tell me some of the same people who were rah rahing Thor didn't end up really down on him and rah rahing Chen. That's rather disingenuous
    04-24-14 11:52 AM
    I don't understand why the guy just has to be so flat out boring. Would it kill BB to add a face figure that added a little flash or shines to the company? I understand he's a business man geared towards the business market, but I don't think it would kill BB to have a guy that steps in and shows off the wow factor of BB devices and adds a little coolness factor. Nothing against him at all, but Chen seems to be about the most uncool and least consumer friendly guy I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot since the days of Lazaridis. Even then, RIM had Balsillie to act as the face guy who could wow you in an interview and make the features of the phone cool. Lazaridis was such a stiff and they provided a good balance to one another.

While he was horrible at it, at Thor at least tried to bringing a little coolness to BB and while it didn't fit him at all I give the guy props for trying.

Why couldn't BB have a guy like Jony Ive that talks about how cool this feature or that feature is? I don't particularly care for Ive, but he brings another level of coolness to the brand when he talks about all the things that went into the design of the phone etc.

Alex Saunders seems like a pretty hip
    guy so where the hell is he? He at least tried with that music video that those guys made.

I'm not downplaying Chen's efforts at all, but I think the guy could loosen the tie a little bit and make himself a little more people friendly and not just come off like a total Company man. I'm sure I'll get flamed to hell for this but it's bugged me for a long time.
    Thor tried to bring coolness? I think this thread should be closed.
    04-24-14 11:52 AM
    Lol some of you guys are just bizarre. Never did I say that he should be like Legere. Are you that hurt by the breakup by TMo and BB that he is the only CEO that you can think of? But if you want to compare them that's fine. Legere has only helped TMobile and their subscriber base has increased in large part because of his brash ways.

I'm not even saying it has to be Chen. Why not have a guy that can out on stage after John's corporate ramblings who can do a cool demo of what BB10 can do instead of a monotone delivery of how they are bringing back the Bold and tool belt.

It's funny how some of you want to protect Chen. He's not your buddy but some of you act like I insulted a member of your family.
    This whole thread subject is bizarre. He's there to do a job not be a celebrity .

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    badiyee and Blacklatino like this.
    04-24-14 11:55 AM
    I have listened into a number of ER calls and other business related presentations and I don't recall ever laughing out loud until John Chen.

He is very personable and engaging, imo.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:16 PM
    So T- Mo monkey act CEO more your style?

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-24-14 12:20 PM
    So T- Mo monkey act CEO more your style?

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty annoyed with T-Mobile but that's simply because they seem to be only supporting "Popular" brands/OS's.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    04-24-14 12:48 PM
    Thor tried to bring coolness? I think this thread should be closed.
    He's probably referring to Thor bringing on Alicia Keys as the creative director.
    04-24-14 12:49 PM
    I don't know why everyone is ragging on donnation. We all know that BB10 has some great features. Why is everyone so against having someone up on stage showing off these features in an engaging way? He even noted it didn't have to be Chen. If you watch device release keynote conferences you'll see various people get up and speak about the different features of the new device. From what I'm gathering from donnation's comments, this is what he's wanting for future BlackBerry device keynote conferences. What would be so wrong with this? Most likely members of the press would be in attendance and would give them good stuff to write about, especially if the features are demoed in an interesting and memorable way.

I like Chen just fine, and I know we haven't seen him do one of the device keynotes so he might do a great job. I hope he does if he's the one up there talking about features. If not, I don't see why having another exec, marketing manager, etc who can do a good job at engaging the audience would be a bad thing.
    Blacklatino and Rello like this.
    04-24-14 12:59 PM
    LOL. If/when BlackBerry sells more devices, it won't matter if he's boring, cool or not. Until that happens, he will still be under scrutiny......same as Thor. Personally, I like both men. But, I'm also old enough to have a wait-n-see attitude based on what is said and actually being done to revise BlackBerry or to fill out an evaluation sheet on Chen. Too soon for "me".
    04-24-14 01:19 PM
    You're a big boy and can search. I'm at work and can't do the work for you right now.

But don't try to tell me some of the same people who were rah rahing Thor didn't end up really down on him and rah rahing Chen. That's rather disingenuous
    So it went from all to some but nobody can point to ONE... Gotcha...
    04-24-14 04:52 PM
    How about Vince the Sham Wow guy...?
    04-24-14 05:27 PM
    Tim cook isn't exactly exciting

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    04-24-14 05:31 PM
    I agree with the donnation. I think he is purely focused on fixing the enterprise side before he thinks about consumers.
    04-24-14 05:34 PM
    So it went from all to some but nobody can point to ONE... Gotcha...
    Go back to my post and tell me where I said all.

Please, do.

I never said all. You're putting words in my mouth.
    04-24-14 06:16 PM
    I think Elton John should be the front man of BlackBerry...
    04-24-14 06:17 PM
106 12345