GSM is used all over the world except for Japan. I just don't get why some companies use CDMA. It's so inconvenient. I mean I can change the operator logo on my screen easily on a GSM phone by changing SIM cards. And I don't have to worry about ESNs and such
    04-10-11 02:17 PM
    Many of us who stay here in North America hardly have occasion where we would need to change SIM cards. I'm on Sprint, and I'm always on the network, even if I travel far away (to Florida, for example). So, to answer your question, RIM produces CDMA devices for the huge, big-spending North American market that's on the Tier 1 and Tier 2 CDMA networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 02:31 PM
    Is this a serious question?

The largest carrier in NA uses CDMA and so does the third largest. Not to mention other countries using CDMA as well.

You really think RIM is stupid enough to not make devices in a market with well over 100 million users just in the US alone? Come on.
    04-10-11 02:41 PM
    GSM is used all over the world except for Japan. I just don't get why some companies use CDMA. It's so inconvenient. I mean I can change the operator logo on my screen easily on a GSM phone by changing SIM cards. And I don't have to worry about ESNs and such
    Once again, you display your narrowly focused view of the world. And your ignorance. Sheesh.
    04-10-11 02:41 PM
    Return of the troll.....
    04-10-11 02:44 PM
    I was a little slow in getting to this thread, but you hit the nail on the head. I'm clueless as to why the OP even posted this question. Lemme see...the LARGEST chunk of my potential universe uses ... quarters, so I'll produce a machine that only takes nickels?? ::: duh :::

The fact that VZW's CDMA network is available to me virtually everywhere I go (no, I realize it's not EVERYWHERE/everywhere, but it certainly is everywhere I go) makes this a no-brainer decision for me.

Is this a serious question?

The largest carrier in NA uses CDMA and so does the third largest. Not to mention other countries using CDMA as well.

You really think RIM is stupid enough to not make devices in a market with well over 100 million users just in the US alone? Come on.
    04-10-11 02:53 PM
    Once again you fail to do a little research on the topic you are interested in. Are you really that avoid of intelligence to keep asking ridiculous question that can be answered with a quick Google search?
    04-10-11 03:26 PM
    Bye Norli, we'll miss you!
    andyahs likes this.
    04-10-11 03:46 PM
    Bye Norli, we'll miss you!
    Not gonna happen. If matrix leader taught me anything, it's that there is no such thing as "banned" on crackberry.
    04-10-11 05:00 PM
    Not gonna happen. If matrix leader taught me anything, it's that there is no such thing as "banned" on crackberry.
    Done! And where is ML?
    04-10-11 05:09 PM
    He had a very short stay lol.
    04-10-11 05:12 PM
    Done! And where is ML?
    I hadn't been on here for a week or so. I was seeing him regular as clockwork up until then. I just did a search on that user name and now he's showing as a "guest" with no post count. Maybe karma caught up with him again. This is one time I'm happy to be wrong
    04-10-11 05:23 PM
    I don't think so. The operator logo is hard coded into the device not the SIM card. Take the card out and the logo still shows when you boot the device.
    04-10-11 05:35 PM
    I don't think so. The operator logo is hard coded into the device not the SIM card. Take the card out and the logo still shows when you boot the device.
    You are talking to someone who has been banned....
    anon1937793 and Gawain like this.
    04-10-11 06:14 PM
    Really? Good riddance... that guy needs some professional help that CB can't / shouldn't provide.

EDIT: Thanks andyahs.

EDIT EDIT: What happened to ML???
    Last edited by Alex338; 04-10-11 at 11:53 PM.
    04-10-11 11:48 PM
    I feel a sudden emptiness. He made things a little lively here

04-11-11 01:59 AM
    For all wondering, ML voluntarilly left CB due to conflicts with certain figures.

Yes, voluntarily.

anon1937793 likes this.
    04-11-11 02:42 AM
    What's funny is that his country is one of the few or the only european country that has cdma.

04-11-11 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD